It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Women and Children'' First Rule - What's Your Take on That?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hederahelix
reply to post by airspoon

Children and pets first. The rest of you political terrorists can bugger off.

lol @ pets.

What if that pet is a bird that can simply fly away to safety? Lmao.

Dude gonna try and help a bird on a sinking boat when it can just fly.
I bet you would try to save a fish from drowning.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When the sheet hits the fan, it's everyone for themselves. I don't care if you're black, white, female, male, crippled, gay or retarded... get the hell out of my way! You people wanted equal rights, well now you've got them. Deal with it.
It's called natural selection, survival of the fittest. Plus if zombies are chasing us, I'm going to trip you over.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Saving your own skin is a euphemism for saving yourself. Sorry I assumed it was common knowledge.

How did I run? I qualified what I said with what I really think. If you read my above posts you will see I am not overly opposed to saving ones self. But if a person is saving themselves instead of helping for no reason other than to save their own skin it is cowardly. I'm not sure that is bad, but it can't be up for debate as that is the definition!

Definition of COWARD

: one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity

Our friends at Merriam Webster say so anyway

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry i can't find the statistics, but i read on a site that the biggest percentage of survivors on the Titaic were women, then children, then men. Why more wome than children survived can oly be speculated on.

For my part, as a single father, were i in such a dilemma, then i would put myself first and foremost to ensure my child had a parent. I'm not surprised that there are still a lot of White Knights out there prepared to lay dow their lives for women, but i will not be one. Too many bitter experiences of the fairer (joke) sex has killed that off.

Men...wake up...if the mother dies, you become the primary carer. Once the child has popped out, apart from breast feeding there is nothing you ca't do.

As for spoutig about chivalry and opening doors...i do that for men and women...it's courtesy to a human being, not deference. For those men who think it is noble to be a second class citizen to a woman...they really must love you. Me...i'm a human being with same right to life as everyone else...not based on sex, religion, creed or colour.....are you not?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
sorry have seen sonny1 posted statistics before i posted just.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

If you mean in a disastrous sitiuation then the children should always be saved first. The mothers just have to go a long with them for various reasons. Or if the child doesnt have a mother then thier father will be the one to go.
To me its all about the children as they are the future and therefor most important. The younger ones are not capable of saving themselves the way that adults are. Thats how I look at it anyway.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyFox
When the sheet hits the fan, it's everyone for themselves. I don't care if you're black, white, female, male, crippled, gay or retarded... get the hell out of my way! You people wanted equal rights, well now you've got them. Deal with it.
It's called natural selection, survival of the fittest. Plus if zombies are chasing us, I'm going to trip you over.

Exactly.
If I have to i'm running over an old lady.
It's happening to ensure my survival.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ok im an 18 year old guy and i also have a male ego like not asking for directions, trying to act tough in front of other guys etc (
) and one of them is helping women and children no matter what.

its never wrong giving up your seat for a woman or even giving up your life if you have to !!! that is what's called being a man. if there are a few less men it won't matter much but it shows that you care and that you are humane. it's never a wrong thing. I wouldn't mind giving up my life for women and children i don't even know.

children especially should be given more preference as i believe that even a woman would sacrifice herself for a child if she has to just like a man would sacrifice himself for a woman or a child or both.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiberianPurifier
ok im an 18 year old guy and i also have a male ego like not asking for directions, trying to act tough in front of other guys etc (

its never wrong giving up your seat for a woman or even giving up your life if you have to !!! that is what's called being a man. if there are a few less men it won't matter much but it shows that you care and that you are humane. it's never a wrong thing. I wouldn't mind giving up my life for women and children i don't even know.

children especially should be given more preference as i believe that even a woman would sacrifice herself for a child if she has to just like a man would sacrifice himself for a woman or a child or both.

Lmao none of that matters when you died.
Second line

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Second line

it does not matter knowing that you've done 1 thing worth it in life. if you're talking about situations like zombie attacks then man have you been believing all they say in the movies. what are you gonna do anyway in life if you manage to live over the life of women and children ?? go to mcdonalds and do the same thing you did before ??

i have no idea how you people treat women and children in america but i would not mind giving up my life and life is something i love a lot !!!!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Second line

it does not matter knowing that you've done 1 thing worth it in life. if you're talking about situations like zombie attacks then man have you been believing all they say in the movies. what are you gonna do anyway in life if you manage to live over the life of women and children ?? go to mcdonalds and do the same thing you did before ??

i have no idea how you people treat women and children in america but i would not mind giving up my life and life is something i love a lot !!!!

Yikes @ go to mcdonald like I did before.

I'm not a fat inbred bastard like your a majority of your kin folk, try again.

How does it matter to you if you're dead , and can't even think.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

I wouldn't want anyone who would even ask such a question in any group I would be involved with, no one could trust them. I find it to be an offensive question, disgusting!! The mark of a man is what he does for others, what he leaves behind him after he has come and gone.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Well,the word sacrifice comes to mind,when you think of the saying"women and children first".Those who are willing to sacrifice their lives,for the chance of a women and their kids,or any other human being,escaping a disaster,is by far,the most chivalrous act ANYONE can take.Those who think ONLY of themselves would most likely be labeled as cowards.Thats the price someone will have to live for,if they think their life is more precious then a boat full of women and kids.Dont take my word for it. History has its example:

Liverpool born, Joseph Bruce Ismay was one of the owners of the Titantic who managed to escape the doomed liner when it sank on April 15, 1912. He later moved to Connemara in County Galway after he was publicly shunned for his deserting the Titanic.

He was later branded a coward by the American and British press for deserting the ship while women and children perished.

Link

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
why does everyone keep saying that the children are the most important? in an ULTIMATE SHTF scenario...i'm glad i don't have kids. they are a liability. another mouth to feed. another person to have to keep quiet if some storming army is close and you're trying to stay hidden. someone you have to carry on your back as you climb this mountain.

as cold as it sounds, why not let the kids die and then a year or two later, once things have died down (pun intended) let the 20 somethings start poppin out kids! i mean hell...i'm one of the only people my age i know who doesn't have a kid or 9. obviously making kids isn't hard. i know this sounds ice cold (wait...i wonder if that's what his name means) but it is the most logical.

kids are a dime a dozen. well...yours are...

edit on 5/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Well I am an old women too, and doubt that after forty years of marriage I would be able to leave my husband behind.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Second line

Yikes @ go to mcdonald like I did before.

I'm not a fat inbred bastard like your a majority of your kin folk, try again.

How does it matter to you if you're dead , and can't even think.

i didnt mean to imply that you are a fat bastard, i meant that will you change just because you've given your self an opportunity of a second chance by at least planting 1 tree per week

anyhoo let me explain what im trying to say: suppose i have a wife and a kid and there is a war going on and supplies are limited, and aid wont arrive until atleast two weeks or who knows how long. so i manage to get food for me and my family but i happen to see another woman with a child in an improvised shelter not far from us then i would sacrifice my share of food for her and the child because it does not matter if she is part of my family or not. as man and a humane one at that i will sacrifice my self for women and children if i have to and no this does not mean that i will allow a woman to run past me in a zombie apocalypse or like they show in some hollywood flick cause stuff like that does not happen. in real life without other humans you are nothing and i would help any woman or child i can. equal rights does not mean i will give up humane acts even if it means women get more attention !!! i cannot be selfish like that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think that this is an interesting thought yet many still hold true to women and children first. This would depend on so many variables; first who is the primary caretaker the mother, father, aunt, grandfather, that person should go with the children. Second I would not want to pass up my seat to let someone like LaShanda Armstrong or Andrea Yates anywhere near my children. It is to hard to say and in some situations the male would prove to provide more protection. It would be a case by case decision. I am female and would give my seat up for a pediatrician male or female if my kids had a familiar caretaker just to ensure good health and a long life.

Now if I was not with my family and this happened I would in desperation to reach my family again batter for a spot even take on extra kids to keep as my own. If I could not get a seat due to being male and there was family back home or a wife expecting our first...I honestly do not know.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Actually its most cowardly and ultimately the easy way out. So lets say S does hit the fan and you let countless children die in the process all the while thinking its easy to make a baby. How could you live with yourself? How could you tell someone you love that you did this for what you though was your own survival? Even though you could have saved lives but it would have been too hard. What will they think of you when they find out?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

see...that's the thing. i don't care what others think of me. i love me and i'm happy with me. my life isn't based off of how others view me. i don't care.
edit on 5/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLDore]

I was talking about after things settle down and you have new people in your life that you care about and are trying to start your life over again.

I hate to say this but with that attitude your going to die friendless and alone whether S hits the fan or not.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join