It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! This is huge!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
When I launched my browser, to login to ATS of course, I couldn't help but notice the Top 4 "major" stories on yahoo.com which is my home page.

1 - Kate debuts stunning evening dress. (Yes, please tell me what Kate's going to wear at her wedding night party.)

2 - Young star's sudden change. (Oh my, Angus T. Jones, the not-so-little kid from 3 and 1/2 men has lost weight.)

3 - How ceremony honored Diana. (Wow, I'm at the edge of my seat...please tell me more!)

4 - Factors behind tornado damage. (Okay, granted I'll give that some concern.)

I apologize for sounding so jaded, but c'mon!

With all the world events buzzing around us currently, these stories are considered the most important, the most pertinent applying to the majority of people?

Does anyone still pay any attention to the mainstream (lamestream) media nowadays?

Maybe this should have been posted in the Rant Forum, but seriously people. If this is not indicative of the crap we are being spoon-fed, then I don't know what is.

Please help me out. How's about you folks post a story, ANY story, that deserves to bump these off of the top of the list?

Bet it'll take you all of ten seconds.

Ready? Go..............

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
dont mislead me again thanks,
i like to watch things on tv.
i like my brain mashed

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I hate misleading titles like this.

edit on 30-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I see your point..

The world is falling apart with wars, weather, earthquakes and nuclear disasters yet the headlines focus on overpaid celebrities and a royal wedding that I for one don't care about..

Damn, forgot to mention the economy is screwed....
edit on 30-4-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
I hate misleading titles like this. It wasn't funny or cute..

I didn't mean to offend.

It was not meant to be funny or cute.

It was meant to show how sad our current media situation is. Nothing more.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What was it, 2 billion people watched the wedding worldwide? A percentage of that watched it online... Searches coincide with numbers of those interested ,of course. Prior to the Royal wedding, for a bit $4.00 gas prices topped the Yahoo search chart...and that was the first time I've noticed-maybe missed it before- that it was on the top search because people were concerned.
edit on 30-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed billion

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Regarding your title...

ahem...

If I'm not mistaken and recall correctly.... that's what she said.

Thank you.

*Drops mic*

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I agree and I am going to say that Yahoo news sucks. Yahoo has to be the worse "news" source on the net.

Everybody I know and everybody they know do not give a crap what is going on over the pond. I believe for some reason we are being forced fed this bull. I mean nobody I know even watched the "show". Did two billion people really watch this?

Liejunkie is really confused with this one. Way to go america.....
It seems we are all doomed......

Liejunkie is more concerned about the folks down south and hope they are doing alright. Hang in there.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have been thinking the same exact thing all day. I hope all ATS'er are on alert for any shinanigins TPTB might try to slip by while no ones looking.

And Watts wins the internet.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah but still you could have made it clear you were being sarcastic. I guarantee you anyone clicking on your thread will be disappointed... you`ve doomed yourself. Just sayin... Besides, you are pointing this out when the wedding took place less than 24 hours ago. So of course it is fresh in people`s minds, and it was expected my many of us here at ats that this event would amount to a media blackout on many other issues, and some even expect it to be deliberately used to coverup something. In short, what you are suggesting is not really anything new... its redundant. And the fact that you present it in a deceiving manner is like taking a knife, sticking it into my back, and when I think the worst is over, you grab the handle and give it a nice twist... Even without the royal wedding its redundant to mention that the media covers bs before real issues, let alone create a thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The answer to this is very simple:

The majority of people want to read stories that make them feel warm and fuzzy, not alarmed and concerned.

It's interesting that the same thing that makes 2 billion people around the world warm and fuzzy can make me so alarmed and concerned...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If the MSM was on top of reality all the time and withheld no truth, I would have no use for ATS... Let them have thier fantasy and be glad for what we can gleen or share here.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I do care about what going on across the pond.(aside from the "royal wedding") But yeah,I plan on helping my community rebuild first.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
Regarding your title...

ahem...

Thank you.

*Drops mic*

*Picks up the Mic*

More precisely... thats what Kate said!!
Visit this thread for proof!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

"OMG! This is huge!".....Thats what she said!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
nooo durrrr

things are also that simple. stupid, but simple.

create a life well worth living.

all the crazy theories, make sense... but don't forget the stupidity of us all.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Originally posted by Watts
Regarding your title...

ahem...

Thank you.

*Drops mic*

*Picks up the Mic*

More precisely... thats what Kate said!!
Visit this thread for proof!

The Royal Knob needed a quick polish.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Misleading come-on thread title...
belongs in the rant section
What a waste of time that I will never get back

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You know, a group of us were just talking about this last night. MSM is diverting attention away from the real concerns presently. So, what we (my group of friends) have focused on is....

1. Watching the dollar and its place or strength in America as well as the world. If the economy really tanks as we forsee then alot will happen not fast at first but will steadily pick up speed into chaos. We watch the price of gas, eggs, meat, you know the day to day living items. We are looking for that huge jump in price over a few days. If the pricing does not come down! welp....The SH*T is about to hit the fan....lol
So we are preparing for that!

2. Whats up with this comet thingy, and why is there so much inaccuracy between amatures as well as astroligist. I have followed it here on ATS and my friends have followed it on different sources. They all seem to not have specifics or change infomation as time progresses. At anyrate though.....
We prepare for that. As best we can.....now on to number three.

3. What is our government doing? So we watch to see any major contracts they have started up since 2008 ei.....building bunkers, collecting canned water. non-perishable foods and the such. I know fema is doing alot these days out in the public, but it could all be smoke and mirrors. at any rate.......
We watch for signs. Meaning if for some reason there is mass evacuations of government employees, research facilities and i mean ALL of them in one day....obviously the SH*T is about to hit the fan!

4. local weather! earth quakes, tornados, hurricans, tsunamis, volcanos.....they are happening.Will we get the big one? who knows. I cants say for certain that these natural occurances are picking up in intensity or frequency. Seems ive only just become aware of the world just last year. Meaning come out of my bubble. Its hard to grasp everything all at once in relation to the earths temper tantrums!

Soooooo... in the mean time inbetween time. we started stocking food, and water, and have been getting our fire arms together. and establishing plans for just in case the SH*T hits the fan. I hope it doesnt but if it does......we'll be prepared as best we can. in addition to this we have to survive attacks from the taliban or who ever they are...

Im sure ive missed a few things. this is just my take on stuff before my eyes. Please feel free to add anything else into the list that are warrented concerns. MSM is not gonna cut it. Gotta do foot work. And by no means am I fear mongering. just am aware and trying to expand my knowlege of current events. This subject makes you open your eyes. I like it. Good job. I got what you were trying to say. star and flag my friend.

sorry for the typos.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Don't worry -
All Things Must Pass

top topics

<<   2 >>

join