It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hanging Coffins of Bo People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In the I ching which is 5000 years old at least ( the oldst book in the world)
There is a hexagram which mentions that the dead go into the ground and are happy
the symbolism is wood in the earth
Indicitive of a coffin

since the hexagram is so old and it was drawn from the way life was before it was written it is safe to say that
in ground burials would have been common before China was China...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you for looking into to that meathed i kinda figure it wasnt a coincidence but i read an article a few days ago that said that the Sagada and Bo had nothing to do with each other but i think you and i are right on this one its to close to the time they were both doing this

Your welcome.
I was just trying to find more information about the Indonesian Hanging Coffins but didn't have much luck.
I did find one small article about hanging coffins in a mountain village called PALATOKE.
Where it is rumoured that a race of people with gecko-like hands placed the coffins on the cliffs without the aid of ladders. I couldn't find a date for the indonesian coffins though, but i wouldn't be suprised if these are somehow related to the other two places.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
In the I ching which is 5000 years old at least ( the oldst book in the world)
There is a hexagram which mentions that the dead go into the ground and are happy
the symbolism is wood in the earth
Indicitive of a coffin

since the hexagram is so old and it was drawn from the way life was before it was written it is safe to say that
in ground burials would have been common before China was China...

Thank you for the info Danbones

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Thank you for looking into to that meathed i kinda figure it wasnt a coincidence but i read an article a few days ago that said that the had nothing to do with each other but i think you and i are right on this one its to close to the time they were both doing this

Your welcome.
I was just trying to find more information about the Indonesian Hanging Coffins but didn't have much luck.
I did find one small article about hanging coffins in a mountain village called PALATOKE.
Where it is rumoured that a race of people with gecko-like hands placed the coffins on the cliffs without the aid of ladders. I couldn't find a date for the indonesian coffins though, but i wouldn't be suprised if these are somehow related to the other two places.

Peace

When you mentioned that a race of people with gecko-like hands placed the coffins on the cliffs without the aid of ladders this jumped into my mind Reptilian Humanoid 's they are suppose to have gecko-like hands or claw like hands some have have thumbs on their hands but only 3 long fingers and reports say that they are very muscular with long appendages.ok i admit it im useing my imagination anyhow i think your right one this one also that there related to the Sagada and Bo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I have to admit when i read that article the reptilians sprung to my mind too.
Its interesting that these ancient race still have their tales of the gecko like handed people (reptilians?).
You have got me thinking now,
I wonder how far back in time that these tales go. And if the Chinese and the Filipino tribe's had similar tales?
If they do then these coffins are connected in more ways than just looks.

edit on 2-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Its interesting that these ancient race still have their tales of the gecko like handed people (reptilians?).
I wonder how far back in time that these tales go. And if the Chinese and the Filipino tribe's had similar tales?

Good im glad its not just my imagination ..I'm going to have to dig more into this we might be on to something here if the coffins are connected this could be ground breaking news

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Good im glad its not just my imagination ..I'm going to have to dig more into this we might be on to something here if the coffins are connected this could be ground breaking news

Nope its not your imagination, there does seem to be some connection going on here and we could be onto something.
I was just searching for more info then on myths related to the other hanging coffins, but haven't been able to find anything yet, so i will keep my shovel out and i will continue digging too.
It will be interesting to see what we might dig up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Gday sugarcookie.
I have been doing some more research on the Sagada hanging coffin's and if there are any myths of the filipino's that could attribute them to such burial practices.
And guess what mate? I have found one.
It could be that the fillipino's buried their dead up there on the cliff's as they wanted the dead to stay out of the way of the ASWANGS.
Aswangs are a combination of a witch and vampire in the Phillipines.
Aswangs are a common name for shapeshifters, demons, monsters and other mystical creature's.
Most Aswangs tales involve's female's as the attackers.
And the another name for a Aswangs is a BAL-BAL.
BAL-BAL are a demon that EATS THE DEAD.
The BAL-BAL after eating the dead will fill the coffin of the dead up with banana trunks.
So i think that these tales are the reason behind the hanging coffins.
So there is method to our madness Cookie.
IS this why these coffins were placed on these cliff's.
What are your thoughts on this??

edit on 3-5-2011 by meathed because: The royals STOLE MY EDUMACATION.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by meathed

Gday sugarcookie.
I have been doing some more research on the Sagada hanging coffin's and if there are any myths of the filipino's that could attribute them to such burial practices.
And guess what mate? I have found one.
It could be that the fillipino's buried their dead up there on the cliff's as they wanted the dead to stay out of the way of the ASWANGS.
Aswangs are a combination of a witch and vampire in the Phillipines.
Aswangs are a common name for shapeshifters, demons, monsters and other mystical creature's.
Most Aswangs tales involve's female's as the attackers.
And the another name for a Aswangs is a BAL-BAL.
BAL-BAL are a demon that EATS THE DEAD.
The BAL-BAL after eating the dead will fill the coffin of the dead up with banana trunks.
So i think that these tales are the reason behind the hanging coffins.
So there is method to our madness Cookie.
IS this why these coffins were placed on these cliff's.
What are your thoughts on this??

edit on 3-5-2011 by meathed because: The royals STOLE MY EDUMACATION.

meathed that was a good find ive been seaching the net and im not finding much but that sounds like a good reason for hanging the dead so im searching about the Bo and see if they had any myths like the filipino's on why they hang the dead i bet they do i just cant find any yet~~thank you meathed for your time put into this~~cookie

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

could be one reason why they wanted to hang their dead up on cliffs. so things like that one in the video can't get at them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi

could be one reason why they wanted to hang their dead up on cliffs. so things like that one in the video can't get at them.

Good find toreish! that was very creepy how it just jumped up like that made me shiver ..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by meathed

meathed that was a good find ive been seaching the net and im not finding much but that sounds like a good reason for hanging the dead so im searching about the Bo and see if they had any myths like the filipino's on why they hang the dead i bet they do i just cant find any yet~~thank you meathed for your time put into this~~cookie

thanks

Just like you im having trouble finding anything on the Bo and their myths and legends.
There is plenty of chinese mythology out there, so im trying to filter through it to find a related myth.
And after watching that freaky video Toreishi sent in of the indonesian Pocong, well..........wow.
This thread is getting more and more interesting. What will we find out next?

Peace.
Meathed

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by meathed

thanks

Just like you im having trouble finding anything on the Bo and their myths and legends.
There is plenty of chinese mythology out there, so im trying to filter through it to find a related myth.
And after watching that freaky video Toreishi sent in of the indonesian Pocong, well..........wow.
This thread is getting more and more interesting. What will we find out next?

Peace.
Meathed

Im still looking also i might have to go to the libary and see what i can find ..yeah Toreishi video was chilling but thats what my idea was about how they would look ..I wonder what there bodys look like i wish that video would have showed there hands its probley not real but sure was creepy..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Im still looking also i might have to go to the libary and see what i can find ..yeah Toreishi video was chilling but thats what my idea was about how they would look ..I wonder what there bodys look like i wish that video would have showed there hands its probley not real but sure was creepy..

Prob not real but it did make me go

But its tales such as the pocong that could drive such acts as hanging ( hiding ?) the dead up cliffs.
Im still reading through the chienese myths but there is sooo many.
And i agree a library may have more info but i would bet on it though
I dare say if there are bodies with weird hands like was stated in the indonesia tales, or other parts that the authorities would have covered their finds and would have already destroyed the bones.

It would be interesting too, to find out just how many coffins were around at the height of the Bo culture before their culture was destroyed my the Ming Dynasty. And how many coffins were destroyed.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Prob not real but it did make me go

But its tales such as the pocong that could drive such acts as hanging ( hiding ?) the dead up cliffs.
Im still reading through the chienese myths but there is sooo many.
And i agree a library may have more info but i would bet on it though
I dare say if there are bodies with weird hands like was stated in the indonesia tales, or other parts that the authorities would have covered their finds and would have already destroyed the bones.

It would be interesting too, to find out just how many coffins were around at the height of the Bo culture before their culture was destroyed my the Ming Dynasty. And how many coffins were destroyed.

Im still digging for info i hope to get to the bottom of this..thanks for your reply

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nice thread and interesting subject.. I'm in Sagada for now. Yes of course Google comes up with hanging coffins here. I see them most every day from a distance. Any specific questions for me to ask people?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hi,

This is in a similar vein. A society in the good ole' US of A living high up in yonder canyon...

Scientific American Frontiers : The Secret Canyon -

The best kept secret of American archeology is now revealed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join