It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California man lived with dead woman for a week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Santa Cruz police officers found the 30-year-old woman's body after entering the apartment . Investigators haven't been able to establish how the woman died because of the deteriorated state of her body, authorities said. Investigators also haven't determined how long the woman had been dead, but Santa Cruz deputy police Chief Steve Clark said he was comfortable saying it had been at least a week.

News Article

Holy crap!!

this is disgusting!!

this is creepy!!

this totally freaking me out!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yea that it pretty messed up. A few screws loose in this guys head. I don't think I could go to sleep every night knowing there is a dead body right there.. Creepy indeed.

Deebo

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by littlesheep2011

Yeah it is pretty disturbing.... and I live in SC.
I just don't understand why he would keep the body around, was he in denial that he killed her?

Local News KION

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That is insane !! That guy has some serious issues if he was comfortable living in a house for a whole week that a dead person was still in. I wonder what really happened ?? I mean, the woman was on 30??

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BunnyBeHoppy
reply to post by littlesheep2011

Yeah it is pretty disturbing.... and I live in SC.
I just don't understand why he would keep the body around, was he in denial that he killed her?

Local News KION

You're jumping to conclusions.

"If it is indeed a homicide, then he becomes a suspect," Clark said. "He could also be charged with failure to report a death as appropriate."

No statement as to murder has been made yet.

Let's not convict before proving.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

But it is a likely conclusion, she died of significant physical trauma not natural causes and if he didn't do it why would he keep the body and not report it.

An Autopsy has been completed and the Medical Examiner says that Stearns died after sustaining significant physical trauma and not as a result of any natural or accidental causes.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BunnyBeHoppy
reply to post by jude11

But it is a likely conclusion, she died of significant physical trauma not natural causes and if he didn't do it why would he keep the body and not report it.

An Autopsy has been completed and the Medical Examiner says that Stearns died after sustaining significant physical trauma and not as a result of any natural or accidental causes.

Yes, it can be likely. But let's take it in another direction.

If he did it, why keep the body? That's just preserving evidence.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
what the sick thing is ... this doesnt bother me, ive heard it all before.
i actually find this interesting.

we are all capable of doing tthis.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I guess its easier than living with a live woman for a week.

But seriously; without any cause of death, or any real insight into the situation there are a number of factors that could be at work here. Most likely this guy is off his wagon...... two blocks down the road and around the corner off his wagon, but off his wagon for sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well if he did it... Maybe he didn't get rid of the body because
One: He has a history of drug and alcohol problems and may have been delusional, not realizing she was dead.
Two: He's 63 and looks pretty feeble, it would probably be kind of hard for him to carry a body.
Three: He lives in an apartment building, so people would probably notice and older man struggling with a "rug" and try to help him.

I realize it was an assumption (definition of assume- Making an A$$outofUandME ) and in this country's court system (USA) it is innocent until proven guilty, but how often in day to day life is it really innocent until proven guilty? Aren't people judge by others for everything from their clothes to their political views with out actually knowing the person and where they are coming from? The world is just full of assumptions.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
what the sick thing is ... this doesnt bother me, ive heard it all before.
i actually find this interesting.

we are all capable of doing tthis.

Killing...I agree.

Living with a dead body? NO WAY!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I realize it was an assumption (definition of assume- Making an A$$outofUandME ) and in this country's court system (USA) it is innocent until proven guilty, but how often in day to day life is it really innocent until proven guilty? Aren't people judge by others for everything from their clothes to their political views with out actually knowing the person and where they are coming from? The world is just full of assumptions.

I will be leaning towards a 90% chance that he did it but too many times, we have seen innocent people in prison, profiled innocent people etc.

So, I have come to the conclusion that as many have said before, I would rather 99 guilty go free than 1 innocent jailed.

I am just tired of the way the justice system has become so corrupt and would rather put an innocent person in jail in order to quickly close a case, get a promotion or buckle to an uninformed public opinion.

Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

maybe he thought it was a survival situation
u would eat a body before u starved i guarantee u
we arent strong enough to just die like that
some are but they are not from this world, theyre different.
the elite are probably like that, but now they have cattle so they dont need to be like jc and die for us,
they dont tell us cos we cant and will never understand
and would probably eat them alive

we are the creatures, we are the zombies, we are whats wrong
we are less.

just look around. none of this is beautiful, its just we dont have anythng else.
you make do with what you got,

and what do you got?
nothin`

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Yeah... I could starve before eating my fellow man. For one I don't think I'd want to gain myself a case of Kuru, and two: insects are plentiful and a much less #@&%ed up to eat. I akin cannibalism to the sad type of person who wanders around after a disaster looting looters because they didn't even prepare well enough to get to the store before the good $h!t was gone.
There's something desperate and pathetic about cannibalism for the sake of survival.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by questcequecest

Yeah... I could starve before eating my fellow man. For one I don't think I'd want to gain myself a case of Kuru, and two: insects are plentiful and a much less #@&%ed up to eat. I akin cannibalism to the sad type of person who wanders around after a disaster looting looters because they didn't even prepare well enough to get to the store before the good $h!t was gone.
There's something desperate and pathetic about cannibalism for the sake of survival.

Dunno about that...Almost every species on earth resorts to cannibalism in times of starvation and we have proven over and over again that we are not more intelligent than nature.

Maybe our pride is what makes stupid?

PS, apparently, humans taste like pork.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not speaking for humanity as a whole, just for myself. Looking around these days, I don't think I'd even compare myself to the standard of what humanity is (or I should say; what humanity has become).
I'm a different animal. Ingenuity is my strong suit, and finding food, even in an apparent barren wasteland, is a pretty easy task.

All of this cannibal talk is off topic anyhow; nothing in the report mentioned this guy was even planning on devouring this corpse.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Creepy to say the least, though...not the first story of such an incident. Reminds me of a rather famous or at least told of person who kept remains of his wife for some years. Le Van, a Vietnamese man, keeps his paper-mache covered dead wife in his bed. She passed in '03. It was claimed he was distraut and menat no harm to her remains but kept them close by because of his mental status.I believe the story I've heard as such but this one more graphic(for purposes of 'love' keeping her close to him at night and performing necrophelia-he constructed a new 'organ' in place of her decayed, almost mummified remains).
Article searches show stories of a deceased wife being kept three years after death and eleven years for another. A women said to be kept under a glass coffee table is said to be a hoax.

In California it's a Felony under Health & Safety's Code 7052, with up to eight years prison time, if he is convicted of Necrophelia. That is if she died from natural or self inflicted causes, more yrs., of course if it was murder.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I have to say this guy has mental issues, i cant imagine liveing with a corpse for a week the smell would be over powering and just plain gross he was probley just hideing the body but who knows..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
My first ever apartment was a tiny 1 bedroom in a big building.One day I noticed a smell never thought anything of it until 3 days later when it made me vomit.I called the super and he never responded.I called the police to no avail.It got so bad I went to a hotel until they cleared it up.About four days later they finally removed a body 2 doors down that had been dead for almost 2 weeks.Never have I smelled a worse odor.No question the man in the op has mental issues to brave a stench like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join