It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare "Sideways Tornado" Captured on Film April 27 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This twister is a monster!

A rare sideways tornado was captured on video as it spun off of a massive twister that roared through downtown Tuscaloosa, Ala., yesterday (April 27). Just how rare are these sideways spinners? "There's not even a settled-upon name for those," said Bob Henson, a meteorologist with the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo. In the video, horizontal, rope-like funnel clouds periodically twist off of the main funnel cloud. At 1:20 in the video, a large sideways funnel cloud forms in front of the twister.

dell.beforeitsnews.com... (Source)

edit on 29-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Youtube Link:
www.youtube.com...=56 [

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

The links not working. Although I did see this on the news the other day. Absolutely devastating what has happened in the South of the U.S. I know all our prayers and thoughts are with these people.

Edit to add:- Thanks for fixing.
edit on 29/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow, what a remarkable video. The filmer was so close to it, too! I would have been scared out of my mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Amazing! Does that guy realize how close to death he was????

I am always fascinated with 'matrixing' (where your brain recognizes patterns, such as faces in things) so I couldn't help but pause and take a screen shot of this. Talk about an angry tornado......

edit on 29-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Lord have mercy! Those poor, poor people. Utterly surreal. What on earth was the guy thinking to put himself at risk like that?
Prayers to those affected - Dear God...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

Lord have mercy! Those poor, poor people. Utterly surreal. What on earth was the guy thinking to put himself at risk like that?
Prayers to those affected - Dear God...

Indeed, CNN estimated 162 deaths (this was as of yesterday). Not to mention the damages.

I imagine most were due to people staying in shelters/basements etc. only to have a much higher category of tornado than their shelters could withstand. At any rate it's terrible

And you can hear the fear of the camera operator before the end of the clip as his truck begins to shake and he bugs out of the area.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yes - I heard him. Really quite disturbing... he was one of the lucky ones. I cannot begin to imagine the terror of those hunkered down, hearing it coming and PRAYING it doesn't 'pick' them. Just... unimaginable. The fact that it's real and not some multi million dollar CGI indulgence is hard to grasp. Like watching the tsunami in Japan, it is destruction on a mega scale. What in God's name is going on...? It all just beggars belief.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
That person was extremely lucky.

Here is aerial footage of the aftermath, it's unreal.

Link to the video www.youtube.com...=222
edit on 29-4-2011 by collietta because: trying my hardest to embed properly, gave up and just included the link.

new topics

top topics

join