It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my dreams take place in the same house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All of my dreams that pertain to "home" take place in one house that I lived in for 14 years as a child. We lived in the house from about 1973 to 1988. Im 32 years old now, but even to this day, Ive never had a dream in the house I live in now, or any previous house or apartment.. Its always in that house even if all my friends from today are in the dream its in that house.

The house is in Indiana and Ive lived in Florida now for about 11 years, but it was not the last house I lived in while in Indiana.

Not always, but in many of the dreams Im running to all the doors in the house trying to close and lock them, but on some doors, they wont lock, and I always feel someone is trying to get in the house. The house was a big tri-level house and had 5 exterior doors, and Im trying to lock them in time..

Ive talked to my sister about it and we have nearly identical dreams about the house.

Any ideas why? or what it means?

I know people say its just that I considered that house 'home', but Its been so long ago, and Ive lived in so many other places.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I too have dreams of the same house over and over only sometimes the house is in need of repair or sometimes it seems that I walk into a room and I can feel that something or someone is in the room with me and I am absolutely petrified to the point of not being able to turn and look at whatever it is. My last dream showed my house as dark and delapidated with the drapes torn and blowing from the upstairs windows. I wanted to go in and look for something up stairs and found that the floor was actually missing in places and not safe to walk on.
Someone told me that the house represents your physical being and its condition was how you are feeling or perhaps an illness or something else tramatic in your life at the time. I was at the time watching my job being taken from me by a sell-out/management change and felt so helpless it was a company I built and a job I dearly loved... Is something going on that you can relate it to?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i dream about my house a LOT
im 24 now and have been haveing these dreams since i can remember

its always me alone in the house
and something feels strange like somethings not right.
like thoes films about houses

amitaville, the haunting, poltergeist.

its a fear ive always had even in real life
i get scared on my own sometimes.

i think houses have a lot of
personality about them

the house feels like an entity thats watching u
i never REALLY feel alone.

are ur house dreams always bad ones?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sometimes dreaming about your home or a house has to do with your life, the body is the temple of the soul, if in your dreams your house looks old or in need of repair it means that it is something going on in your life that is causing to much stress on your body.

A nice looking house inside and outside it means a good life for the moment.

A house that do not lock doors mean new people coming into your life or relationships that your are afraid to meet or to start a new relationship with and wanting to close the doors or windows is actually trying to push this away from you.

In my case I always dream with an old house high in the middle of a town with a view of the sea and not matter where I got in the town I always end at the same house and once I am inside the house is so big and with so many floors that I seem to get lost inside but I know that is my home and that my memories are in that house.

I had never seen the house I just dream with it, but deep inside I know is somewhere in a town out there with a view of the sea.

And this is my personal interpretation by life experiences.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have only ever had one house dream that was bad...in the end I was chased by several "evil" things several times in a row after waking up then falling asleep again.

One of the most disturbing dreams I have ever had.

arcana imperii.

[Edited on 8/16/2004 by arcana_imperii]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor

are ur house dreams always bad ones?

No they are not always bad, sometimes they are just regular wierd dreams that nothing special happens in, but they always take place there.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
From my dream interpretation research, the general meaning of dreaming of a house is that you are dreaming of your own psychological makeup. Apparently there are issues from your past related to those years you lived at that house which need to be resolved.

I have drempt of floorboards rotting beneath my feet, which surely indicated anxieties, instabilities in my life.

Try planting the suggestion that the house will be sold and you will move on to buy the new place you live in, and then perhaps your mind will let go of your former 'self' and move to the present.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That does make sense--that the house represents yourself - physical or mental........ mine must be saying that I'm really a mess.

I have recently undertaken to restore the house I grew up in. When I was a child, I often dreamed I was in the front hallway, alone, at night. Most of the dreams included intruders, usually not nice ones that could get in no matter how I often I locked the door. The walls would move, the rooms change in these dreams. Once I found a closed mahogany coffin, on a stand, in the hallway--oddly that particular dream was not scary.

Now I am dreaming about that house again, but some are good ( I have finished the restoration , feeling surprised at some extra rooms, stairs, etc that were't there when I started ) Others are not so good--finding that the new roof has blown off and everything is ruined, the whole thing has mysteriously caved in, rotted down, burned up --you name it. I'v decided the house itself haunts me.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
frayed1,

At least your house is real, my is in my dreams and I have never seen it, but boy I know it like the palm of my hand.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I too have dreams about houses that I have never seen. I have dreamed of one of these houses several times. It has lots or rooms, loaded with a mixture of junk and treasures. I mean piled high, stacks of boxes, room after room. I have never seen the outside of this particular house, but it seems to be of no particular style from what I can see, other than what funiture is there would seem to be a heavy antique style. ( From the piles of disorganized junk, I'm guessing 'it's all in my head' again.!)

I did run across one of my other 'dream' houses once. I just drove right by it one day, almost swallowed my tongue when I recognized it! It was in an area I had been in before, but only couple of times long before, so I might have just unconciously 'remembered' it in my dream.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Perhaps it is a memory from another time? Some of my dreams are set in a different period, right down to the clothes, hairstyle, etc. I have had quite a few of those, but again they could be attributed to my state of mind, rather than being a true memory of another time and place.

If you ever find that house of yours, I bet it will make you wonder!!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe in reicarnation, and I have some past memories of certain events.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
(good thing you decided to re-visit this forum)

Dreams.

Jax, you're a girl in real life. You re-dream that house due to the prayers that went on in there. The prayer warrior could've been some who prayed purity, or performers of witchcraft while you were still young (or even unborn). This house is now your bustop... once you pass on. Then most likely you'll be back at that house for a time (ghost?) (because you never had a place here in the World to call "home"... you're not alone).

Your spiritual umbilical cord is still attached to this location. (Do you fill fulfilled in life? Or are you still reaching for the stars?)
-When whomever prayed there did they ever have tea time? Are you inside or out?
Overall, you just might have an orb around you and/or an Oracle active in you. (No, I'm not Psychic)
-Do you LONG for the past? Which generally contradicts success and moving forward in life (you're stuck, homeless).
-Don't want to grow up? (facing life's responsibilities)
These things mentioned are 'fuel' for dreams like this.
-Are you sad alot? (a dead indication revealing your internel hinderance)

Finally, those were good times, right? But you have yet work to do.

===================

CatWoman.

You do alot of reading. You're caucasian, middle-aged (at the time) and what you heard is true; that house is your house, therefore your story is different altogether. Education is what you pushed to the children at the time (however, circumstances got in the way along another's path). Strong supportive mother, right? The rest is self-explanatory but remember, Spiritual, not physical.

===================

aWoma~ (almost)

The more lucent your dreams are, the more unstable, even possibly dangerous; the message is perverted.

===================

Marg... (recently) you have a 'secret' admirer, somewhere, whos strongly into you. That just may be HIS house. I've never seen your face. Are you very attractive? Tend to be a "social butterfly" at times? You'll hook many interesting people however I'm quite sure you can lead.
(prolonged)
Could also be your nanny. Did you ever have a nanny?

===================

frayed. Your's being 2nd most interesting...
two things:
-it's not reincarnation, it's a deja-vu. Deja-vus come in two flavors: I dreamed it (or done something past tense similar to it) sometime before
-and-
Divine intervention.
When you dream it, your life is going as planned. the more weird that feeling is, the younger you were when you dreamt it. Same goes with similar events you've done in the past.

Divine? Then you're one of the 'lucky' ones (as long as it's positive).
Your favorite:
-toy
-cloth(es)
-person
ended up at a hoarder's house. Hoarders are like proxy-timecapsuleminded individuals who listens to those voices in their heads to keep up with other peoples' events. Those events are then transported back to their lair (good & bad) for Angels? to skim over it. I do not yet know quite why and yes, there are different flavors of hoarders nevertheless, one hoarder was assigned to your STUFF, which is why you're seeing Treasures and Trash, in the same place!

It's not necessarily your life (unless you have lots of kids running rampant which makes you very fertile) but somebody somewhere has or is your forgotten treasure.

To me hoarders are the most strangest people but I've learned every soul has a sole purpose and thats why if you believe what I say, I lie/If you don't, this message could in fact be true now who am I?

"I am a man of simplicity. Only asking the World to be fair in its dealings lest I cry out! believing my voice to be heard."
"I am the Defenders of the FREE."
"I was placed here into this Word, and this World, as far as my eye can see, was given to me to see, interacting with and entertaining certain people, and when I die, shall have a story to tell to the One who placed me here and when I die, the World dies with me."

I don't own this universal place, nor am I a god, yet its difficult to explain "the gift". No, not a coo either, but do spend my life under a rock which is how I see.

My Predictions (from my gatherings amongst existence):

I live in MI. Belle isle will become the new paradise for the billionaires. Detroit will turn a new leaf and shall be slowly taken over by powerful key groups.
Michigan, with its 4 seasons, private island, fresh water content and close proximity to sister country will be the 'new' resort for the wealthiest.

There will be a new tool that can somehow eat dirt, turn rocks into sand and can formulate matter like you wouldn't believe.
Traveling and transporting will be silent, without sound. They'll be devices that emit light in one direction only (this messes with time so they'll be earthquakes ensuing upon useage of this technology so parties can be traced in doing so) and will have several uses. Strange humans (have that already) will exist in the opening.

Death and Sickness will all be in a software so life will be prolonged and dreams on a viewable blueprint (your mind will no longer be a safehaven). Finally gravity will be manipulated, making water stand up (earthquakes again) and the sky will begin to change colors permanently from its pretty blue. Water will be combustable (don't know quite how) yet in those days nobodys complaining anymore (don't know why) and people are quite content. Earth will give birth to a new Earth. The Earth within the old Earth will be discovered (reverse-engineered? exposed?) and~~~____

top topics

join