It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Constituents Nearly Riot at Paul Ryan Townhall Meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry, did I say "angry constituents nearly riot at Paul Ryan townhall meeting I meant "gratefull constituents give Paul Ryan standing ovation at townhall meeting

www.youtube.com...

Despite the media's focus on one incident last week where some constituents booed Ryan, the crowds at this week's and last week's town hall meetings have been overwhelmingly supportive.

File this one under "Things you wont read about in the NY Times".

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What is with all of the extremism today? Is that what you call a standing ovation.
I would hate to be him at his next Townhall Meeting, this guy is running scared. That old lady looked like she was imagining him as a fly and she was trying to crush him with her hands.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

All planted by Liberal activist groups.. the biggest one Move-on.org. They even had a list on town hall meetings they planned on crashing, and in fact the news that reported there admitted that was the only reason they even showed up.

Really pathetic tactics imo.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Paul Ryan is an idiot.

That whole crowd was paid to stand and clap for him.

ETA:
They probably paid them with tax payer money too.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Paul Ryan is an idiot. That whole crowd was paid to stand and clap for him.

ETA:
They probably paid them with tax payer money too.

ETA? Isn't that Estimated Time to Arrival? Anyway - preach brother. I noticed it seemed like everyone in the crowd was wearing the same colored shirt with the same logo. You have to look very closely though.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by SirMike

All planted by Liberal activist groups.. the biggest one Move-on.org. They even had a list on town hall meetings they planned on crashing, and in fact the news that reported there admitted that was the only reason they even showed up.

Really? This is your response? Millions of seniors are dependant upon medicare, most of them are conservative voters, many are tea party members. This is why, in 2009, Republicans promised they would not cut medicare and went so far as to argue that Obama's healthcare law would cut into it.

If you believe that only "liberal activists" suppord medicare then you have got to take your head out of the sand. This is specifically why Reagan, Bush senior and Junior shied away from talk of privatizing medicare, because not only were private healthcare insurers no interested, but that medicare had strong backing.

Leave my medicare alone! Remember this? From tea partiers themselves.

I want Ryan and the rest of the Republicans to go ahead and try to get this privatized because I assure you, it will be a good show to watch for me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Yes, you are correct, but it also mean Edit To Add.

I agree, I bet those people were all paid to stand there. I could just picture them shaking in their boots when the crowd was getting rowdy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Its the same thing repubs did to democrat townhalls during the health care debate. Both sides use the same tricks if you think one is better than the other then your being played.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

heh - I think ( if I remember right) that both sides did it in the health care hub-bub. The Republicans would plant some, the democrats would plant some.

Anyway, you are right - it is a tactic both sides have used before and continue to use.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I'm sorry, did I say "angry constituents nearly riot at Paul Ryan townhall meeting I meant "gratefull constituents give Paul Ryan standing ovation at townhall meeting

Great post love the man sounds like a real American listen to him give Obama the whats what

But I feel its been cheepened by your misleading title. I really think you would've done better with a serious title. Why dilute this great person with people like me posting about how disappointed they are they didnt get to see a riot?

just saying

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
Great post love the man sounds like a real American listen to him give Obama the whats what

This man wants to cut millions of seniors off medical coverage (spare me the privatization BS, we know insurers will not take them in) and you think this man is showing up Obama? It is just so surprising that you have no issue cutting millions of americans out like that, and yet you think this is a shot to Obama.

The middle class is been cut into pieces, and people like you blindly support it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I know. That too was pathetic. Does it make this ok?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

This man wants to cut millions of seniors off medical coverage (spare me the privatization BS, we know insurers will not take them in) and you think this man is showing up Obama? It is just so surprising that you have no issue cutting millions of americans out like that, and yet you think this is a shot to Obama.

The middle class is been cut into pieces, and people like you blindly support it.

well considering all I know about him are the two vids posted here I'll take your word for it.
just wish i would've hit on that info first given this is my 1 st rivals thread...

so how bout them apples eh he sucks now gimme back my flag and star OP
edit on 29-4-2011 by UcDat because: our are whats the dif eh

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Really? This is your response? Millions of seniors are dependant upon medicare, most of them are conservative voters, many are tea party members.

Yeah, that's my response because it's the truth? All this medicare bs is just that.. BS .. because Obamacare is supposed to replace a majority of Medicare anyways? In fact Obama himself said the majority of funding will come from redirected Medicare taxes.

If you believe that only "liberal activists" suppord medicare then you have got to take your head out of the sand.

Did I say that? ............... no sure didn't. So why are you saying I said that? the woman arrested was a liberal talk show host, the people shouting were planted there by groups that admit planting them? I just said it was a pathetic tactic. I didn't even mention the republican fool or his policy.

I want Ryan and the rest of the Republicans to go ahead and try to get this privatized because I assure you, it will be a good show to watch for me.

A travesty for sure. Though with Obamacare I see Medicare now as a complete redundancy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

well considering all I know about him are the two vids posted here I'll take your word for it.

You don't have to take my word for it. There are some 30 million americans on medicare, elderly with pre-existing conditions, private insurers will not cover the millions that will be cut off out of medicare. You have no issue with this apparently. Toughluck, right? And this is supposedly to snipe back at Obama? Cutting off millions of lives from the healthcare they need. Mind you, they've also paid their tax dollars into.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Alright kids, enough!

The Democratic Party is urging Americans to choose Medicare as we've always known it rather than a new plan by Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wis.) that would enroll seniors in private health insurance beginning in 2022. This choice is a hoax: Medicare as we've always known it is already gone. It was eviscerated by President Obama's health law. Yet if the president and the Democratic Party successfully bamboozle voters, they may win back independents and registered Democrats who voted for Republicans in 2010. The 2012 election could turn on this falsehood.

The truth is that the Obama health law reduces future funding for Medicare by $575 billion over the next 10 years and spends the money on other programs, including a vast expansion of Medicaid. In 2019, Medicare spending under the Obama health law is projected to be $14,731 per senior, instead of $16,162 if the law had not passed, according to Medicare actuaries (Health Affairs, October 2010).

online.wsj.com...

Can we all stop watching MSNBC for one day? I realize that their viewership would drop 95% if you did, but please, pay attention to facts.

Beez

edit on 29-4-2011 by beezzer because: Obama made me do it

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You don't have to take my word for it. There are some 30 million americans on medicare, elderly with pre-existing conditions, private insurers will not cover the millions that will be cut off out of medicare. You have no issue with this apparently. Toughluck, right? And this is supposedly to snipe back at Obama? Cutting off millions of lives from the healthcare they need. Mind you, they've also paid their tax dollars into.

maybe i can explain better first Im canadian so a big medicare supporter
second I dunno jack didly about this guy other than whats posted on the OP and my own vid. third the OP is on my rival list so Im actually happy I get ta raz him about his poster boy...
did i mention Im canadian and maybe packing bacon?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Yeah, that's my response because it's the truth? All this medicare bs is just that.. BS ..

Medicare is BS? How so? It covers the millions of elderly who will otherwise not be covered by private insurers.

You seem to be in support of cutting some 30 million elderly americans off the healthcare they require to live on. The truth right there.

because Obamacare is supposed to replace a majority of Medicare anyways? In fact Obama himself said the majority of funding will come from redirected Medicare taxes.

Obamacare? What's Obamacare? Now regarding Obama's new healthcare bill, I don't support it and I've stated it time and time again. I don't support mandating individuals to pay into insurance. So please, go ahead and criticise his new healthcare law, it ain't my concern.

Did I say that? ............... no sure didn't.

You implied that all those folks at that townhall meeting who shouted their concerns were "liberal activitists". It was rather clear what you meant by it. They must be liberal activists right?? By the way, I don't support the screaming and the drowing out in townhalls that folks do. It wasn't acceptable back in 2009, it's not now. People need to be given a chance to be heard on both sides. That being said, your prior generalization is off the mark.

the woman arrested was a liberal talk show host, the people shouting were planted there by groups that admit planting them?

Who admitted planting those individuals? Who admitted that all those people shouting their concerns are liberal advocates? Where's your source? Thanks.

A travesty for sure. Though with Obamacare I see Medicare now as a complete redundancy.

Oh goodness. Now you're blaming Obama for killing medicare, after celebrating a bill that intends to totally remove it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is rather hypocritical coming from tea partiers and other conservatives. First they insist upon supporting Ryan's bill that would completely remove medicare leaving millions out of healthcare, and then they turn around and complain about how Obama's healthcare bill is killing it. Really now? Do you support supporting removing medicare or not? Because if you are going to argue against one thing, but then complain that something else is killing that one thing you don't like any way, you've clearly got your priorities mixed up.

Can we all stop watching MSNBC for one day? I realize that their viewership would drop 95%

Sorry but who mentioned anything about MSNBC? And why on earth are you talking about viewership? Are you under the impression that because one media outlet has a larger audience, they have more credibility? And people cry on and on about the mainstream media on this forum.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

This is rather hypocritical coming from tea partiers and other conservatives. First they insist upon supporting Ryan's bill that would completely remove medicare leaving millions out of healthcare, and then they turn around and complain about how Obama's healthcare bill is killing it. Really now? Do you support supporting removing medicare or not? Because if you are going to argue against one thing, but then complain that something else is killing that one thing you don't like any way, you've clearly got your priorities mixed up.

Can we all stop watching MSNBC for one day? I realize that their viewership would drop 95%

Sorry but who mentioned anything about MSNBC? And why on earth are you talking about viewership? Are you under the impression that because one media outlet has a larger audience, they have more credibility? And people cry on and on about the mainstream media on this forum.

Have you read Ryans' Bill? If not then we have nothing to discuss. If so then lets have a real debate about it. I'm sick of the MSM sponsored name-calling, personally.

Lets discuss the damned bill!

You game, SG?

(I'm actually shaking in my boots, you are a good debater)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join