It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to send men to moon and Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
China to send men to moon and Mars.

China has created its first multi-module spaceship. To introduce its newest achievement to the world, Beijing Astronaut's Center has invited foreign journalists for a visit.

look's like china's space program is in good shape,but they say it won't be till 2025 when they put a man on the moon,lets hope they are more open then NASA.
edit on 29-4-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was reading about this and also about their planned space station that they are going to launch in the 2020's. I think it is hilarious that private companies are almost assuredly going to beat the to the punch. Robert Bigelow should have a bigger safer space station in orbit by 2018 and I would bet money that Space X is involved in moon landings by 2020.

I wonder if as these private companies make progress that China and other countries might scap their national space programs. There is no way a beuracracy can compete with private enterprise.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Bigelow will most likely have a moon base either up and running, or on the way to being up and running by 2025.

Their space station modules will be the precursor to establishing a base up there. I saw an article on space.com about it a while back but can't find it now.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I heard that china was supposed to have their space program operational by 2020 and have a man on the moon then, and India would be there by 2015...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Here is a picture from the Bigelow website. Check out the bottom right corner. Thats the moon base mock up using the same type of craft that they are going to launch in the next few years.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d90e77a26649.jpg[/atsimg]

i love to go to the moon,but it looks a bit cramped in one of those.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Actually, one of those modules is bigger than a comparable sized module from the ISS by some margin. And as they're inflatable, would be easy to pack 3 or 4 in one launch. Could even have them delivered automatically with the help of NASA Robonauts.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i would like to nominate George Soros to be the first person (i use the term very loosely) sent on a one way trip to Mars...

new topics

top topics

join