It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Ghost Squadron helicopters at Base Camp (April 2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Three photos of the Groom Lake Ghost Squadron helicopters at Base Camp taken by a very luck anonymous visitor. I got a photo of the new tower to be added later.

90-26223 and 90-26352 at base canmp 1

close up of tail numbers

90-26352 leaves base camp

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
and they are just two chops so what they are just two chops it looks like they have peps in them

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by THEwTRUTH

If you did some research, you would discover the choppers are based at Groom Lake.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Black Pave Hawks. Very little in markings. I can see how these get associated with conspiracies, and I don't think they aren't. However, I think most "black helicopter" reports are flown by the 160th Special Operations Airborne Regiment (160th SOAR).

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that the tail rotor looks suspiciously similar to the remains of the one we blew up at Osama's Compound?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frey51

Not a close resemblance, at all... These are 4-rotor tails, the Silent Hawk(s) used in the raid on OBL's compound used 5, and had a hush-cap over the hub of the tail rotor assembly. Not even close.

Good try though =] haha

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
how are you so sure theyre stationed at Groom Lake? that can be ANY AFB or ANG base anywhere...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The photos were taken at Base Camp, thought to be an auxiliary field for Det. 3, AFFTC based on documentation and testimony found by several researchers. The serial numbers of the helicopters have been traced to Det. 3, as well. These helicopters have been photographed flying from Groom Lake to investigate people who get close to the boundary markers near Groom Lake Road and Tikaboo Peak. They are assigned to the Det.3 helicopter unit known as "The Ghost Squadron," or simply as G.H.O.S.T.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Those are MH-60's flown by air force special operations, not nigthstalkers

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yep. Those are without a doubt MH-60G Pave Hawks. The retractable refueling probe and navigation radar are a dead giveaway.

The Silent Hawk used in the Bin Laden raid was not based on the Pave Hawk. The ones used were made from MH-60K Blackhawks which are very similar but have different avionics systems than the Pave Hawk.

But these Pave Hawks are usually used for search and rescue or insertions and extractions due to the expanded fuel capacity and ability to refuel in flight. Why would they be sent to Groom Lake? Unless, of course, they were going to be used in case an experimental aircraft crashed out in the desert.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

"But these Pave Hawks are usually used for search and rescue or insertions and extractions due to the expanded fuel capacity and ability to refuel in flight. Why would they be sent to Groom Lake?"

well as someone mentioned above, they are claimed to be the helicopters that watch the perimeter of groom lake.
-> search and rescue or insertions and extractions

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There is no doubt the choppers do security patrols. I got buzzed on my last Tikaboo trip. Not on the peak itself, but where you park. I doubt I was parked more than 10 minutes when I heard the chopper approaching. I will put up a photo later in this thread.

Now the choppers do S&R too. What I don't know is if they would do your scenario where they drop off ground forces to catch an intruder. The thing to keep in mind about Groom Lake is unless you are very close to the base, the terrain is a show stopper. You can't move very fast hopping between creosote bushes. If you are close to the base, they would just run you down with their 4X4s.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What I see is an apache minus the missiles. What makes these special?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

And that is why I would never ask you to identify an aircraft for me.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Tail number brought me to the links below. No idea about any sort of military craft (full disclosure) so I don't know if this helps, hurts or means nothing at all.

Original Search Result

Link to S-70 H-60 from that page:

2nd Link

new topics

top topics

join