It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
4AM and 15 normal broadcast channels had this event on. Now Queen Elizabeth will some how die in the near future. Prince William's brother Harry will murder both Will and his maid. Then all of a sudden Prince Charles son will end up on the throne. I don't understand how this wedding got more coverage then ANYTHING ELSE WORLD WIDE. The magnitude they have broadcasted this event has made me go into a mode of I JUST DON'T GIVE A #.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

It gets such major media coverage because the family is one of the main players in the shadow government which rules the world. The Queen is allegedly a major shareholder in the Bank of England, along with the Rothschilds and she owns a phenomenal amount of the planet.

The MSM is the Elitist propaganda machine....so of course, this event gets centre stage massive attention as a huge PR exercise.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Not to mention that the British Monarchy is not just King / Queen of the United Kingdom, but also of the commonwealth. including the likes of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Belize, Bermuda etc etc etc.

That's why it gets so much international coverage.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Another Observation I made....

Why Doesnt Kate put a Ring on Williams finger?

Iv never seen this happen at any wedding Iv attended.

Royalty thing>?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Another Observation I made....

Why Doesnt Kate put a Ring on Williams finger?

Iv never seen this happen at any wedding Iv attended.

Royalty thing>?

My understanding is that this is an Anglican thing...
tho I could be wrong.

edit on 30/4/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Odd thing, the bishop marrying them said to william, something about him being himself, followed by "...And you will set the world on fire."

That sure gave me the willies, but i'm sure it's innocent. Hope they have a happy marriage.

I'm sure they will set the world on fire.

Everything happens for a reason, not by chance.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I for one found it kind of interesting, and thought a protest would break out, but it didn't.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well i could not escape it lol being that its in my city so i snapped a piccy anyway

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b25c25813703.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by angelchanneller

What the hell do avatars got to do with anything that I've mentioned in this thread ?

I barely mentioned an interest in ancient history and suddenly I've clamed to be an archeologist and an anthropologist ? Where did you get this overactive imagination filled with so much Phantasm ?
edit on 29-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I just see King Tut lookin' cool in some shades

What do I know though, I'm just a camel

Finally ! Some sanity.
And might I say the coolest looking camel I've ever seen.

Ok if Asala liked it . That changes everything for me. When will this be going into syndication ?

edit on 30-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

FnS
edit on 30-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

You just don't understand what is going on with Kate bowing her head when William salutes.

He is not saluting the people lining the streets, they both wave for that, he is saluting at particular points as in when they pass the cenotaph and in response to royal salutes. She cannot salute herself or stand up so she bows her head in recognition.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
reply to post by SaturnFX

I dont own a TV, nor do I watch tripe that my forefathers would have destroyed. I have no love for any royal. Moments of happiness do not come to me by vicariously watching anything. I am made happy by real things in life, not a stage, a movie, a play, which is all of what this is. It has no bearing in itself to me; a wedding of strangers that is.

This is a British thing, it always has been. I am not British. Its not my thing. The only reason the rest of the World is caught up in it, is the same reason why People will fork out 10 bucks to watch a sucky movie.

Because they wish their lives "were like that". The princess dreams of disillusions that have been sold to little girls since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Its all an illusion.

Princess Diana; in her own words, said that she was afraid that Charles was going to kill her in a car wreck.

Why would I fawn over a Family or circumstance of such People.

I dont own a TV. I am not brainwashed by the damn thing. The only reason I have of commenting is because it disgusts me so.

I hate this Family. All of them. Like William once said ''I want to come back as a virus and kill most of the population''?

Why would I fawn over false love. He is not loving. He is in line with the depopulation movement. And of course it wont be his Family that goes either. Only the pleebs, the serfs.

However, I see that this situation is the same situation in England when the commoners revolted, and came to America.

You had the same People defending the crown. Same loyalist saying the same thing about "the family".

And then you had People like me that wanted them dead for their crimes, their murders, the tyranny.

Hell, in those days in order to even get a job, you had to get on your knees and beg them for permission.

Yeah, real lovely People. They have not changed a bit, just look at what they are doing in England, and have done the World over.

But in order for anyone to know this, People must bring People like you the information on a silver platter. Makes sense that People who are still loyal to the Crown would have the same attitude as their masters.

They cant even wipe their own butts, but have People do it for them. Yes, in modern day they have had to admit that they still use "the groom of the stool". A person that wipes their so royal assess for them.

These People are selfish. Lazy. Worthless. Spoiled. Entitled. They offer nothing to the World, but take everything for themselves. They are non functioning Humans, and just one look at them will tell you they are a shell.

They dont know love, as most People dont today. Americans only know the "love" that has been indoctrinated into them from childhood by soap operas, and side show freaks, newspapers, tv, and society.

So, all this drama over a wedding of People that are personal strangers to everyone that acts as if they have known them their entire lives in ridiculous.

When are we going to move on? Have we not evolved? Why do we still have these side show freaks of monarchies in the 21st Century?

Why is this such an issue when all we face today is continually surrounding and engulfing us, with no care in sight?

Why does it matter? Because People in the Western World have the luxury 'still' for it to matter. We have the luxury of inanity, and trivialness.

But that is going to change very soon, and soon enough these side shows will become a thing of the past, and a disgusting memory when faced with the dirt.

I cant wait until Society wakes up to real reality.
edit on 29-4-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

If you are not British why are you so absurdly angry about a British wedding ? What the hell has it got to do with you ?

And why have you investigated British recent history, and got most of it wrong in the silliest of ways, if you are not British.

I am British and, along with most of my countrymen and women, loved the happy occasion yesterday. If you are not British and didn't like it then you didn't have to take any notice of it. Just butt out.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreSpinkters

Originally posted by die_another_day
I hope they die in a fire.

You are one sick person .... Any other thoughts of evil hatred you wish to share and spread around ...
edit on 30/4/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: (no reason given)

If by saying that makes me sick, what would you say about the more SERIOUS things going on around the world?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreSpinkters

I hope they die in a fire.

You are one sick person .... Any other thoughts of evil hatred you wish to share and spread around ...
edit on 30/4/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: (no reason given)

If by saying that makes me sick, what would you say about the more SERIOUS things going on around the world?

You are sick and you should seriously consider some sort of therapy.

Because bad things happen to some people in this world you think it is ok to wish newlyweds " die in a fire ".

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I will say again I LLOVED IT!! Congrats to the Brits!

The Monarchy has been restored!! The world is a little richer
(not talking about money) and we now have a little more culture.

All of you naysayers need to be quite, you sound like jealous 4 year olds!!!

Pax

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, just now got back to ATS...

As usual no loss of testosterone or vitriol...not that estrogen cannot deliver vitriol...these variables are thread specific.

But, wow! The messages to me are an all time low on a thread about the future of two people who are in love. England offers something so special to mankind...well, MANY things special to mankind.

And who is taking our eyes off the " glowing and beautiful ball of the Royal Wedding" and, of course, forcing us to put our eyes and light on them...well, all you have to do is read this thread to find them.

Further, you can even find non suffering Jews pretending to be better than I or my family or my husband's family who lost everyone in Poland.

Begging the question... What is a "Watt"?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can't help but be amused by all the macho types who wouldn't watch this rubbish to save their lives but just happened to be around at 3 or 4 am, whatever, and just happened to turn it on; in mistake for the toaster no doubt, and just happened to watch all of it.

What is so wrong with enjoying a happy event that gave pleasure to millions as well as the couple themselves ?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Going back 13 generations to find a common ancestor doesn't make you cousins. I'm sure if we all went back 13 generations we would find some famous or powerful individuals that we share lineage. Guess I'm in the clear though since I married outside my culture and race, yea me.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Odd thing, the bishop marrying them said to william, something about him being himself, followed by "...And you will set the world on fire."

That sure gave me the willies, but i'm sure it's innocent. Hope they have a happy marriage.

Have you never heard that expression before? I thought it was common.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Havnt read through the whole thread yet, so sorry if this has been mentiond.....

Anyone else find it odd that, whenever William Saluted to the crowd, kate would put her head down in shame almost roboticly everytime???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9be763135480.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d75fc7628b53.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63eee7cf4ccc.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6ee8d559b0a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-4-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

I thought William was saluting to different regiments, and then waving to the crowds. It was probably some sort of deference or etiquette on Kate's part. I hope there will be an explanation reading through this thread, too.

I thought the wedding was beautiful. Kate was beautiful in her dress (somewhat reminiscent of Grace Kelly's). William was dashingly handsome in his uniform. What a lovely celebration for the couple. Wishing them all the best!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grassisgreener
She is not putting her head down in shame. (do you seriously think that or was it a joke?)

She is putting her head down as a sign of respect as Prince William salutes at memorials such as the Centotaph.(for those who died in the war).

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Regarding the Salute.

William was wearing full dress uniform and most importantly his regimental badge. Unlike the American military who salute willy nilly, for anything. The British armed forces salute ONLY when wearing the regimental badge.

Therefore as an officer, in this case a Colonel of the Irish Guards, When saluted by a lower rank, (and wearing his cap) he HAS to return salute. it is not Royal protocol, but British Military custom.

Had he not been wearing his badge, he would simply sit at attention, in return to a proffered salute.

By the way. the salute originated from helmed knights as a form of recognition. If they lifted the visor it was to denote a friend. If they lowered it. You were in for a fight. this had progressed into pointing out the regiment of the wearer, i.e. friend recognition. (something the Americans has still yet to learn about
)

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge on the other hand is not wearing military uniform, and therefore cannot salute. so a bowed head is the accepted form or returning compliment to whomsoever is offering it.

It's called respect.

edit on 1/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join