It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life is a prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
note: i have no idea which forum i should post this in. i figured i'd post this in the religion forum since religion puts alot of value on our existance in this world. if you can think of a better forum to move this to please do.

whether you realise it or not your a prisoner. what are you a prisoner to? your own existance in the physical realm. why would i say such a thing? well lets consider the facts. we all go day by day living out our lives in society. first and foremost we are driven by our "need" to survive. in order to survive we must participate in society through work which leads to money which can be used to buy food and shelter. and if we dont choose to participate in society, we wither away and die. but is there realy any need for survival in the first place? there is plenty of evidence out there that supports the idea that there is another world beyond this one that we enter upon death. also in this side we can be free from our slavish existance here. but on the other side there are also alot of forces that want us to keep reincarnating into this world but for what reason? some say we are here to obtain enlightenment. but why can't we just obtain enlightenment on the other side. some say that we are here to become stronger, but why can't we become stronger on the other side? some say we are here to obtain physical desires, but who's to say there aren't other realms out there where we can obtain physical desires? when you get down to it, life is a pointless concept that is designed to keep us in slavery. so how do we free ourselves from our existence. reject everything you have ever been taught about life, religion and spirituality, don't listen to what these so called spiritual guides on the other side tell you, and make up your own damn minds about what you want to do with your eternal existance.

now dont get me wrong, while society is a load of bs, there are still alot of good things out there that keep me from ultimately killing myself as a means to escape this prison. also some of you may also be happy living out your life in bondage. i'm not one to say what you should and shouldn't do. if your happy with your life, then go live out your life. but if your one of those who aren't, it dosn't have to be this way.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey, I agree. Go set yourself free then.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo
there is plenty of evidence out there that supports the idea that there is another world beyond this one that we enter upon death. also in this side we can be free from our slavish existance here.

What proof? I have only known of hearsay and ghost stories. If there was any undeniable proof don't you think they would be teaching such information and making it a ligitimate research topic.

What makes you think that the next life (if there is one) would be any less of a prison then the current one?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Don't ever kill yourself. There are many voices in the wind. They all can't be right. Start reading the Bible, New Testament first. There is an eternity.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I guess even "gods" can be in prisons *laugh*

What makes you think that the next life (if there is one) would be any less of a prison then the current one?

Good point

If what the original poster said is true, then everything is a prison.
Life, Death, Anything in between.
So if we cant escape it, why worry?

Seems like you are just trying to get people to kill themselves to me..

How abouts you "break out" first and tell us if it works

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I guess even "gods" can be in prisons *laugh*

Good point

If what the original poster said is true, then everything is a prison.
Life, Death, Anything in between.
So if we cant escape it, why worry?

Seems like you are just trying to get people to kill themselves to me..

How abouts you "break out" first and tell us if it works

dont get the wrong idea, i dont want people to start killing themselves, i'm just giving these people something to think about. nothing more, nothing less. and there is a big infinite universe out there, there has to be some place out there where our spirits can be free, and i will keep fighting till i get there.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by mutehalo]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Don't ever kill yourself. There are many voices in the wind. They all can't be right. Start reading the Bible, New Testament first. There is an eternity.

i personally feel i have some sort of duty here so i probally wont kill myself. at the same time though i anticipate death, seeing how right now that seems to be the only thing that will set me free. and i read alot of the bible, and if anything it gave me more questions than answered them. not to mention it comes off as a means to keep us in a spiritual prison. its bad enough i'm in a psycical prison. dont need my spirit to be enslaved as well. and who's to say they can't all be right? there is a universe of infinite possibility out there so we are all right on a certain level, and all wrong at the same time. you have much to learn my friend. i can show y

new topics

top topics

join