It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: M. Moore to monitor Florida election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Michael Moore, of "Fahrenheit 9/11" fame, is vowing to bring his cameras to Florida to provide oversight of the presidential election there in November. Moore is also promising to provide money and a "huge" legal team to help with the monitoring.

www.wnd.com
"I am coming to Florida," the director of "Fahrenheit 9/11" promised Florida's delegation to the Democratic National Convention in Boston. "Together we will guarantee to every Floridian that their vote will be counted this year."

"I will have my cameras. We will put a huge spotlight on them. They will not get away with it this time."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am all for a fair election, but what type of oversight can such an obviously biased person/group provide? Election commissions are nonpartisan for a reason. I don't see any good coming out of this - the elections are going to turn into even more of a circus than they were in 2000.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fahrenheit 9/11 Discussion Forum
POLITICS: Serious Problems with Electronic Voting Machines in Florida
POLITICS: Concerns Remain for Military Absentee Ballots

[edit on 7/29/2004 by PurdueNuc]

[edit on 7-29-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People need to shut up about Florida in 2000 and just deal. That's my opinion. Well that and that Michael Moore should stop being such a fat piece of....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I say we pit Michael Moore against Ann Coulter in a Pay per View event,

now what would the event be?

Wrestling? Boxing? Gladiator "fight to the death"? Saddam's version of "Rock, Paper Scissors"?.

This could be huge and keep them both from distorting the issues before the election.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't know if Michael Moore will help the situation in Florida, but officials here are the one who really need to monitor the election and make sure it goes well. With all the current issues going on regarding voting machines and felons again, florida is sure to be spotlighted again and I for one think there might be another election day fiasco in my lovely homestate, especially in Broward and Miami/Dade counties.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The flavor of the week...Michael Moore. First there was Howard Stern , then Jerry Springer, now Michael Moore... actually he is starting to be oh so 5 minutes ago... who is right now?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
People complain about Florida all the time, but all of this voting corruption didn't happen in Rhode Island or Indiana. Why was the only state having so much trouble has a governor who is the brother of the President of the United States?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe because Florida would be the one state they could convince people could be involved in a conspiracy?

Michael Moore is a self-promoting person who is making a fortune off of the people who think he's trying to do something for them. The same as Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, et al.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow, I feel soooo much better about the democratic process in Florida now that Michael Moore is standing guard. I'm guessing his HQ will be the local pastry shop.

Seriously though, If the democrats win the election, the republicans will just say Moore did something to fix it somehow. and if the republicans win, it will just be a repeat of the 2000 election.

new topics

top topics

join