It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Panels Rise Pole by Pole, Followed by Gasps of ‘Eyesore’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I do think this is a good idea. Having lived in Phoenix, any covered shade no matter what is making it is a bonus.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Great post OP, I would happily put solar panels on my roof or a windmill in my yard.

However, I live in a HOA governed community (not condos, but houses), when I inquired about adding a solar panel to my roof, the "Architecture Review Committee" said "No, it's not up to design standards".

So, here is a way some people could reduce their dependence on the local electric company, but a HOA doesn't want to allow it because it is an "eyesore".... god, people are idiots.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

HOA standards cannot trump community building codes and incentives. Just about every power company in the country, along with state and federal mandates are in favor of solar panels. I think a phone call to your local power company and/or code enforcer would get your HOA to change their stance very quickly.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Wow, my idea of rooftops was pretty good, but parking lots is far better! Imagine how nice and cool our cars would be! Plus, you could aim them in the most ideal direction the entire day. Put them on mechanical swivels and keep them aimed at the sun the whole time its available. Additionally, it would create jobs for guys to clean them and keep them clean, installers, repairers, manufacturers, new insurance policies could be written, asphalt island temperatures would drop drastically keeping cities cooler, energy requirements on hot days would be lower because of the effect of the cooling from the parking lots, the possibilities seem endless. This is a win win for everyone and everything involved.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Same deal with our HOA. Not that we can afford to put solar panels on our roof and have the know how to properly maintain them and retro fit to our existing system.

As long as there are no negative effects on health or environment as can be the case with wind farms or individual turbines, I am for solar panels. I think they are pretty, but then I like modern architecture and design. Some commercial buildings near me use them and you can't even really tell, since they did such a good job integrating them into the architecture of the buildings.

edit on 30-4-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join