It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I'm here. Why are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi! I'm Mikey Bones, DJ, writer, dreamer, philosopher, scientist, artist, organic robot, human, spirit. I've been into conspiracies for almost as long as I can remember... but when I was little, they were called mysteries, not conspiracies (i.e. Sasquatch, Ogopogo, Oak Island, The Philadelphia Experiment, UFOs... and the list goes on) and were somehow acceptable at that age (not so much as an adult!). Since then, my interest has only increased and I became a "source of information" for any of my friends. I started writing something I called Mikey Bones' Conspiracy Hour which was basically a Conspiracies For Dummies (I want to compile them and make a ‘Conspiracy For Dummies’ book one day... but as I mentioned, I'm a dreamer. And I didn't mention anything about me being a do'er!). I try to keep the illusion of being factual and not being biased, but really one must agree that everything in the conspiracy world is not necessarily factual. And I am definitely biased (I feel I have to be to counter all those biased towards the "real story"). So I joined ATS in hopes to share some of my writings, some of my music and some of my opinions as well as some of my "knowledge" (all I really know is that I know nothing).

And now you know why I'm here... tell me why you're here!? Searching for the truth? Here for entertainment? Maybe you’re disinfo agent here to continue to the reptilian agenda… or here to spread The Good Word… maybe you are a spirit without a body stuck in the Intraweb trying to get out... or just here to show off your CGI UFO youtube clips... whatever it is, I’m sure it’s as interesting as (if not more than) my reason for being here! So please, tell me a story…

edit on 4/28/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: no links/promotion of personal sites prior to 6 months membership in good standing w/ approval by admin or owners

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Mysteries...Hmm...that's a much better word. Im here cause I like to question things. That's about it...

welcome to the madhouse.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You'll have better luck promoting your music on Myspace, Facebook, Digg, etc.......
Good luck and all the best..

reply to post by MikeyBones

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Im here cause I like to question things.

Can't ask enough questions! When we stop asking questions is when we become stale and stagnant. For the sake of all of us, please keep asking!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by professorjebediah
You'll have better luck promoting your music on Myspace, Facebook, Digg, etc.......
Good luck and all the best..

Yeah, true that... too bad I have moral issues with those sites (or at least do not like them at all)! But thanks for the recommendations

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Please read the T&C which you agreed to abide by when you registered, which specifically states:

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

You cannot post your personal website here until you have been a member for six months and get persmission from the site owners. Feel free to edit your introduction post and leave at just that....and introduction.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Welcome, Mikey.

I'm the resident bringer of an alternative paradigm. If you're interested, check out the links in my sig. Especially The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform (in that order [smile]). They are threads I started here on ATS.

Welcome aboard, again!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thanks for the kind welcome! I will be sure to check out your links

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Thanks, Mikey. [smile]

I saw your response above:

Yeah, true that... too bad I have moral issues with those sites (or at least do not like them at all)! But thanks for the recommendations
and am impressed. I don't know about "moral" objections, but I surely do know about Ethical objections.

Morals, being subjective and often attendant with semi-random mandates (some think it's immoral for a woman to wear a bikini in public while others see no moral issue, for example), are less certain than Ethics, which is more objective.

Still, to avoid entities on Ethical ("moral") grounds is a sign of a good person. And so, I like you all the more. [smile]

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I joined just yesterday...I am here because over the years I have seen several UFO's. Also....I want to study about several conspiracy theories. I want to know what others from all over the world think and believe. I believe this is a good place to communicate about topics that may be difficult for an individual to discuss elsewhere. I am glad I joined!

Caladonea

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I don't know about "moral" objections, but I surely do know about Ethical objections.

My first thread and I'm already being corrected on my grammar! haha... But with your explanation, I completely agree and now am going to have to rethink every time I drop the term moral ("ethical" might demand more attention/respect as well)

Sounds like I made my first friend here! Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

From a new member to a new member... Welcome!

I'm totally jealous that you've seen several UFOs... I keep my eyes peeled on the skies more than anything else and still have only seen planes, planets and stars. What was it that you saw? Flying saucers? Dark triangles? Lights in the sky blinking in and out? The only UFOs I've seen were in dreams and they were impressive enough... I can only imagine the feeling after seeing something so mysterious!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeyBones

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I don't know about "moral" objections, but I surely do know about Ethical objections.

My first thread and I'm already being corrected on my grammar! haha... But with your explanation, I completely agree and now am going to have to rethink every time I drop the term moral ("ethical" might demand more attention/respect as well)

Sounds like I made my first friend here! Thanks again!

LOL! [smile] Glad you're here. Let me know if you choose to read over my humble work. I love to hear others' thoughts.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Welcome, Mikey. I'm here merely for interesting chat on everything from aliens to zeitgeist, though to be honest every mystery I've come across here seems to have been debunked. To the point where I'm pretty sure someone proved that even I don't exist. Enjoy ATS.
edit on 29-4-2011 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
every mystery I've come across here seems to have been debunked. To the point where I'm pretty sure someone proved that even I don't exist.

haha... too true! But nothing is wrong with questioning whether or not you exist... it might lead you to some crazy theories of your own! (but not to worry as from my perspective, you may indeed exist!)

top topics

join