It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we found a nearby primitive civilization... what should we do??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Star Trek all the way. Observe but do not interfere or make contact. If we polluted their culture we would be robbing them of the ability to progress on their own and learn valuable lessons.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"I" would do absolutely nothing, probably not even observe. It would be no business of mine, as I don't spy on my neighbors, literally and figuratively.

If this was at all plausible, to explore space and find another civilization and to then believe we alone, as someone else so eloquently put it, "Wipe out the possible rivals".. Well don't think for a second that there are not thousands of civilizations watching us, waiting for us to think about doing that very same thing.. to wipe us out in the blink of an eye and intervene.

If of course, there were indeed many other civilizations to find. It would be perfectly feasible to suggest there are far more advanced civilizations, possibly organized, ready to crush rookie tyrant-worlds into space dust. Or rather, if the organized are a little more pacifist, perhaps they would encase said world in perfect shielding (hint, hint) as to prevent said inhabitants, of said world, from actually ever exploring space because the convenient shield of radiation actually prevents them from doing so. Even so much as to possibly prevent live birth in outer space, due to lack of shielding from the radiation.

How convenient. Perhaps by the time we figure out a way to explore space, without a hitch, abandoning petty squabbles with each other.. we could probably figure out how to colonize other worlds, and reproduce in space. By then, we'd be beyond "destroying possible rivals". There wouldn't be any "Space Nixons" in that future, folks.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I actually agree with you and recant my earlier statement. Even observation can lead to contamination of their culture and possibly have many negative side effects.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join