It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we found a nearby primitive civilization... what should we do??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
With a satilite in orbit we could sit back and observe thier culture as they evlove

edit on 27-4-2011 by jstanthrno1 because: (no reason given)

Would need to find a way to send a signal faster than light as well then, as it would take minimum years for signal to reach the satellite and then more years for signal to come back.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
nothing, what can you do. money limits our research and ability to accomplish things. that's why space travel will be an impossibility under our current conditions.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

Here's what i would do, and i suspect what a lot of ET species probably actually do, (based on many ET/UFO reports), is observe from a distance, occasionally take tissue samples from a diverse selection of the population for research purposes, and decide a 'milestone' point that the people should attain, before our presence should be revealed.

I'd guess a good milestone to be somewhere around the time they (we..yes?) had developed technology capable of taking them out into space. A difficult to see orbiting satellite, containing a knowledge/information library containing information about us (or another ET species), explaining our presence and interest in having discovered them.

Then after a relatively short adjustment period had passed, an official contact should occur.

That's what i'd do...unless they develop technology that can destroy themselves and their planet before space flight..then i'd recommend accelerating the contact process.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well judging our current history and our talent for repeating mistakes, I think we would go over there... deceive the people of this civilization, then pretend we are allies, then turn around and pass legislation to have them removed from their property, then proceed to exterminate them in a series of battles.

Ah, I don't know..just a shot in the dark.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
With space travel becoming privately owned, it will become cheaper and maybe profitable.

Space tourism would be very popular if it was affordable for the masses, there was already a design for an inflatable 'hotel' to orbit the planet.

It all starts with being able to reach orbit at a much cheaper price. I believe the space elevator is the way to accomplish that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its an interesting thing to ponder. My initial reaction was that they should be left alone. While our interventions may have some beneficial impact on their civilization, you can't deny after looking at the history of our own cultures, advanced civilizations tend to end up screwing over the more 'primitive' one in the long run. Example, the Roman invasion of England changed the lives of the Britons forever, in a lot of good ways, but ultimately served to pretty much eliminate their unique prehistoric culture. The Spanish in the 15th century brought new diseases to the American continent, as well as new ideas. Entire populations were decimated through war and disease.

I think if this were to happen we should take the opinions of the alien civilization into consideration. Would they welcome our technology, our intervention? Maybe approach a few of them in a secret sort of way, try and get a handle of what they'd think about these strange folks coming from the sky.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBeardRay

However if they are not Human, then I would exterminate them all, because like you say, they would rival us someday, and we can't have that.

you're the reason we've not had contact yet...

evolve quicker please x
edit on 28-4-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We would dazzle them with amusing toys and convince them that they should work to get the money to obtain them. Worked for hundreds of years, why change it?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think (and I love this topic by the way)

At risk of sounding star trekish, we should not interfere in their evolution but I love the idea of forming relationships with species of other planets.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
Say 25-50 years from now we have solved our own energy crisis. We have discovered a safe effcient way to navigate through space at near the speed of light. We have sent an advanced probe to investigate a 'goldilocks' planet and it discovers the planet is inhabited by a primative human civilization. Essentially a civilization simliar to our around say the 1600s.

Send all the religious people there, they'd feel right at home in the 1600s. Back to the dark ages 'n all that...

EDIT - not ALL religious people, just the fundamentalist loons of all denominations
edit on 28-4-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't know, as much as I want to say I'd want us to help them - I believe we should leave them alone.

In order to grow (strong) they would need to go through the good and the bad times. If we hand them all the answers to their problems, they would just grow dependent and weak. Helping their development go a bit faster is fine but giving them the answer to everything is just (in my opinion) too much.

Giving a helping hand is fine, spoon feeding isn't.

I would hate for us to exterminate a primitive planet/race just because they aren't caught up to us. They can end up be extremely helpful allies. Such as their planet having plenty of rare resources that we would need, would be common to them.

It would be nice though. This is a fun scenario to think about.
edit on 4/28/2011 by Scribbles because: mistake

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It would be a great chance for us to start a United Federation of Planets type of deal. But with a primitive 1600's culture? That would be a major setback in starting diplomatic relation's, because of the gap in technology between the two planet's culture's.

Too be serious: The Earths civilization's will have to find a new technology that will permit us to travel at beyond the speed of light "ludacris" speed's if we plan to travel to other star system's.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Erno86 because: typo[/editby
edit on 28-4-2011 by Erno86 because: added a sentence
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think maybe help them first off by going to all the governments of that world and make sure the people know the truth about what is going on once they have achieved peace then we fast track them foreword in technology with some tight reigns on them so they don't hurt anyone or anything.

We also make sure to protect there plant along the way and once there are at the right tech level to be in the club we let them in and celebrate our new members.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Too be serious: The Earths civilization's will have to find a new technology that will permit us to travel at beyond the speed of light "ludacris" speed's if we plan to travel to other star system's.

The Norway spiral video has me thinking we could possibly be experimenting with opening worm holes. I have no idea how that technology works but the theory behind it seems to be that traveling vast distances would be nearly instantanious...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well good for other civilizations that we are not that advanced yet. By reading most of the ideas I get scared of people. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

I believe that the best thing we could do is just give them a simple message: "Do not make the mistake that we have done."

I don't think we should give them any kind of technology for many reasons.

Gift them with a lesson.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is a very good question. What would humanity do if they discovered a planet that was inhabited by a less evolved people? This reminds me of a certain television show, and the movies they produced afterwards. Star Trek. Let's see, what was their prime directives? Anyone here recall? "To seek out new life and new civilizations." But also they had a directive known as "First Contact." Humainty would only observe a new civilization, until they showed the ability to travel faster than light speed. IMHO, I would think that we should do the same. After all, how we treat other civilizations, other cultures, on this world and perhaps others will be how our own humainty is judged.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Let me tell you something right now.

They would have their own Guides and Watchers.

Their tests and how cooperative and loving/peaceful the planet, ie. no wars, no starvation or slavery, no forced employment, all equal rights to planet, land and resources. This is what advanced planets are like and they don't use money. They do volunteer and contribute, some work part time, some work longer for periods of their time, they have far more science, art, and advanced farming and occupations than we do, and some do missions.

Now, if they were protected by their good works, those attempting to touch them would be met with immediate Consequences and would be forced away.

If we were able to mess with them, there would soul consequences and very serious ones, just as there are here, for harming others.

Because they already have their own destiny, their own tests, and their own Guides and Watchers.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by RedBeardRay

However if they are not Human, then I would exterminate them all, because like you say, they would rival us someday, and we can't have that.

you're the reason we've not had contact yet...

evolve quicker please x
edit on 28-4-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

Yeah...but evolve into..what?

(shudder)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Enslave them. Just joking. Definitely DO NOT bring them here.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Enslave them. Just joking. Definitely DO NOT bring them here.

Depends on how attractive the women are.... remember Total Recall?? Lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join