It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Dude Gets Hit by Lightning x2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ROFL, I did a total Holy F*** when I saw this!

This dude gets his arse handed to him by mother nature, not once, but twice in two minutes! And both times, gets back up and walks away! That's one big middle finger to Zeus right there. Wonder if this guy will be seeing Thor when released in China

Now, the You Tubers on this videos post are screaming fake, with no reasons given. I can't see anything that would suggest it is, but, you never know. Certainly looks real to me. I'll let you decide, a good watch either way.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wow, That dude is beast for just getting up and walking away, However he ain't got nothing on lightning Rod Reg

Trowa

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
lol that is a funny video but i would say fake. The odds of getting hit by lightning twice is astronomical.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i bet he will never play in the rain again

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
damn

I don't know man, dude walked away from two hits....i call shenanigans...

Get your brooms!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
calm weather, surrounded by tree's and buildings. yet somehow lightning hits this guy twice in as many minutes then he just strolls away.
im not buying this one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by raip11sniper

Especially, when there's a metal object, higher off the ground, 5 feet away...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This just LOOKS fake

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
there's a small interview video linked in the upper right corner of the video titled 'Watch More'. The interview sounds Spanish or Portuguese. Have no idea whats being said, very curious.

If this is real, that guy has my vote for toughest SOB on the planet, thats for sure.

Real or not, still funny as hell I say, and for that, worth sharing imo.

If anyone has any info on the video, or the short interview, please share. Would love to find out if this has been debunked yet, but I'm coming up short on finding more info.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Okay, this is weird. My first thought was that there was a reaction, with the 1st lightning strike edited in...So I drug the slider back to watch it again, and the lightning did not show up in the video at all. I did this two more times and still no bolt of lightning. Now it seems to show it only periodically.

I do not know if this means it is fake, but it was definitely strange. Anyone else having this problem?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Hahaha, love your avatar!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I don't think these YouTube vids are to great for going frame by frame. I tried doing the same, I was able to get both bolts in frame, with the intention of trying to see if it might have been the same image used, superimposed, over the video. They do look different btw. Another reason I was going frame by frame was to see if the flash had any effect on the environment, thats where I had trouble. Seems it lights up the area, but I can't tell if its just a flash on screen. I can't confirm if there are shadows generated by the flash. I don't think the video quality and framerate is good enough to tell.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its real , take it frame by frame, and you will see the lighting strikes, lights up the whole area both times

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Holy crap that was insane!! That poor man!! I can't even imagine. I wonder what was going through his mind as he walked away after the second hit...wow It looked real to me but who knows. Maybe he just has really back luck lol
edit on 27-4-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wtf...the guy must've stolen some cookies from the heavenly kitchen table or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY "FAKE"
edit on 27-4-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That bolt, would of ripped him apart, if that was real !

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Im pretty certain there have been many survivors of lightning strikes. It's not like if you get hit you instantly explode into a heap of gibs.

mmmm heap of gibs.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Sorry I am pretty sure it is fake due to the fact the cars never moved. There would have been some kind of movement from a shockwave of some sort.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Thats the most logical debunking I've heard so far. I can't even see leaves moving, and there would be a shockwave.

Also, the more I watch, the more it seems the guy braces before the strike and fall to the ground on the first strike.

As for the other tall structures, and not looking to stormy, those arguments are irrelevant.

top topics

join