It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think its time to Stop using YOUTUBE for Alien/UFO Footage...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I myself have posted plenty of UFO videos from YOUTUBE. Some that I posted just ended up being shot down and I understand why...Just cuz it looks good at the time the more they are watched and picked apart the more its realized that they are either planes or something out of the normal...nothing extrodinary at all... Im kinda bummed realizing this now..I have a feeling that YOUTUBE filters all videos especially ones of UFOS or ALIENS and takes out the good ones anymore...They arent going to let the really good stuff out there to be seen by millions...I believe in Aliens 100% but just not what I see on YOUTUBE much anymore...It seems like wth everyday th footage gets worsse and worse...so at least i can sy i wont be posting anything else from YOUTUBE...If Im going to post something about UFOS or Aliens it will be from a different source from now on..I hope that others will start seeing thistoo and find better sources too...
edit on 27-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
With the advent of Youtube, Myspace, and along with Walmart selling computers, the internet I loved and felt at ease with was destroyed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just hoped that the "other" source you are utilizing did not get their footage from "youtube".
Just sayin'
I agree with you though, There are too many aspiring "Speilbergs" wanting to pull a "fast one" on us.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I kind of see this as a catch 22 issue, althrough there is alot of utter nonsence on youtube their is the odd holy grail video of undoubted evidence. I see ATS as the sieve of **** that are youtube videos and the investagators of all media formats be it MSM, social network sites, back water papers, personal experiances, photos and unfortunatly for the UFO hunters youtube.

The view counts on even the worse or best videos on youtube are like a voting system for the referendum on disclosure. The more views a video has the stronger our community grows.

Mike

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Fair enough, i see your point.

But thats why we post videos from youtube. So they can be judged by fellow ATS followers.

My advice is dont post sh*t videos. Take a good look at the footage before posting and think about any possible explanations.

If you draw a blank, pass it down here and let everybody else have a look.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Look at it like this:

Back in the day, before youtube, before the internet even, the only place to find any real evidence was books written about UFO cases, TV shows about them, and so on. There was a very large, very good filter keeping the dross out. Now that any Tom, Dick, or Harry can upload any old thing (and have it be viewed, which is the more important part) we see everything rather than what's been skimmed off the top, and a lot of it is exactly as terrible as you'd expect from a completely free, open system that lets anyone post anything.

Add on to that the fact that any video/picture/and-so-on that's labeled "UFO" will immediately gather hits makes it even harder to gauge good evidence without watching every video. People are being over-informed, and it's showing. Having so much just makes everything cheaper and less interesting, not to mention making it much more difficult to find what would have been the cream skimmed from the top before.

Nobody has to send anything to be analyzed either. They get a picture or video and boom, they get attention. Before, they had to be scrutinized before even being allowed to have a forum of viewers.

All we have here is an over-saturation of information which devalues the entire thing. I feel your pain.

new topics

top topics

join