It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted to ATS - Addicted to the Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've only recently made an account to start posting, and this is my first thread but it was only two years ago that this whole transformation started. I've always been intrigued with the happenings of the world around us, and concerned with the news.

I must admit my first eye opining experience concerning the government came about from the conspiracy behind marijuana prohibition. The amount of lies and propaganda seeping government heads horrified me. I came to the realization of how utterly pretentious it is to think we live in a country free from the corruption and evil that has accompanied humanity throughout it's existence. People with power use it. The issue stirred a deep urge within me to keep exploring.

I don't remember exactly how I came upon this site, but that isn't so important. From day one I was amazed by the members' insight and speed in covering the news. It wasn't long before I started seeing a real gap between what was on the mainstream news and what was real news. If a community sharing useful, insightful political news wasn't enough, ATS provided countless breathtaking stories about the wonders of our wonderful earth, from geological formations to the mysteries of Aliens. I'd found my favorite website.

Now I just can't stop. The truth is addicting. To save myself from generalities, it must be said that there is a lot of hoaxy gibberish that makes it's way here, but there is power in numbers of well informed people. The flag/star system is a great way of weeding out the smelly stories. But even beyond that, where else can I get an explanation of why this certain UFO video must be a hoax, and one click later read an intriguing new theory about earthquakes from someone who has taken it upon themselves to delve deep into the subject.

No one here is here because they are getting paid. It is free information in it's finest.

So I must say thank you, to you contributors and the makers of this website. I hope the site keeps growing and more people open their minds to let in new ideas. Thankfully it seems people are waking up, and ATS is helping.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is addicting!

I am always on ATS

I joined a couple years ago and was amazed at all the information on here. I have always loved the internet for the vast amounts of information but ATS had all the information I sought in one place! It was heaven!

I came here looking for aliens, ufos and stuff on Ancient Egypt. My favorite forums are the Ancient Civs and Ufo/aliens forums. Fragile Earth and they metaphysics and psychology forums are my second choices.

It really is amazing how much is on here and how fast news can get here. I don't even watch the news on TV anymore, it's pointless and I just get annoyed and yell at them that they are wrong and missing out things.

I have gotten a few friends to join ATS as well and they too are amazed at what is here.

When you have enough points, 200, if you dont already come to chat!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

Hi Proctor11, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
ATS is addictive.
But PLEASE make sure your BS meter is finely tuned. Take everything you read as opinion until you look at things objectively and form your own.
I have seen amazing material and incredible insight on ATS.
But there is also the hoaxer, the troll, the egoists, the disinformationalist, the believer and the skeptic.
Take what you read with a grain of salt and a shot of penicillin

But that said, in most cases you won't find better content on the web.
ATS FTW!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's true, ATS is a fantastic real-time news source on many topics. It's a good kind of addiction!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm a long time lurker who has also recently created an account .

A sincere welcome to you

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Trust me, I know. I admit that some far fetched stories and threads here can make me WANT to believe something, but I think I do a good job of seeing a hoax for what it is. What's great about this community though is that if I'm on the fence then I can hear countless well informed opinions to help me make my own decision.

Alas, sometimes things are just a mystery and you have to listen to your gut.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! Like I said I've lurked for some time but recently felt the need to make an account and here I am. Hope I can be a good contributor to the site, I'm already here everyday as it is

edit on 27-4-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Truth is good
Welcome

join