It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Out Of Control Cop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Honestly I dont either. He just seems like he has power and anger issues, and people like him should never be in a position where they have any. Im very curious as to how this all works out.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

You picture your girlfriend in the other woman's place. Which creates an EMOTIONAL response to the situation instead of taking it for what it is. And that is where your rationality and logic goes out the window.

I would probably bet that your girlfriend would have enough sense to stay out of a situation like this. Or, I would probably bet that if your girlfriend wanted to get involved you would try to keep her out of it.

Also, lets separate the two uses of force because there are clear reasons why each were applied. First, the woman was slapped because she pulled on the officer's shoulder while he was trying to arrest someone. Second, the woman was punched in the face because she retaliated by coming at him swinging full force. The slap and punch did not result solely from her pulling on his shoulder.

Are you correct that another form of force could have been applied to her instead of slapping or punching in the face? Sure. But in this situation, her force was met with the officer's force. Once she was subdued, the officer no longer struck her and placed her under arrest. If the officer continued to beat her after overcoming her then he would absolutely have been out of line.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I found a psych professional psych profile and posted it here in it's own thread and according to that profile all cops are this way.

There are two classes of profiles who become cops. One is paranoid and insecure the other is authoritarian and controlling.

The best part about the profile it was presented overall a positive thing for cops to be this way.

Go figure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There are over 500,000 sworn law enforcement officers in the United States of America. I serously doubt any psychological study could get a sample that represented ALL of them. I fail to believe that over 500,000 individuals of many races, religions and ethnic backgrounds could fit into only two distinct categories.

Any chance we could get a link to that study over here?

We could take a sample of any group of human beings, whether it be divided by race, gender, employment, religion or social class, and make individuals in them fit some really off the wall psychological profile and then pass that as the psychological profile for the entire group.

Did they explain how they determined if they were like that before becoming a police officer or if it was a product of their job? I think that would be a very important question to answer.
edit on 29-4-2011 by areyouserious2010 because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah I saw those.

I had been aware that cops were not allowed to have IQs over a certain limit. (its the same with the military police, they come from the bottom of the bell curve) I didnt realize they had such a horribly flawed psychological profile.

So thank you for posting those. (I think it was you who posted them.
)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

A very good friend of mine comes from a family of cops. His grandfather, his father were both life long police officers. Naturally, my friend wanted to continue the family tradition and did.

He lasted less than two years.

The police force is no longer what it used to be. He was appalled at the level of aggression and the outright nastiness of many of his co-workers and they literally ran him off the job because he did not "fit" with the new culture. That was in New Mexico, where we do not have a huge cop problem. But much like the prison guard experiment, there is now a very "us" and "them" mentality being promoted in many police departments, and it isnt the criminals alone who are "them." Its all non cops.

Which is a very bad trend.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

THANK YOU for sharing that.....
SPEAKS
FOR
ITSELF

*snip*

Don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that there are good, honest, reasonable, upstanding police officers out there-
and if I were one of them- I'd be so pissed about this kind of behavior I wouldn't be able to see straight!

Disgusting. Really.

edit on 29-4-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You have ONE friend who became a police officer. That ONE friend joined ONE police department. In that police department, he was placed with ONE group of officers. Depending on how large or small the department was, that could be the entire department or just a very small portion. So how can you extrapolate the alleged behavior of this small group of officers to the behavior of officers all over the United States.

Also, how do you know it was not just the normal aggression and nastiness that comes with the job that he could not deal with? Even if a police officer does his job correctly and attempts to be the nicest and least aggressive cop out there, there are still situations that require one to be justifiably harsh. For example, it is very harsh to have to shoot someone but no matter how nice an officer is, he or she could be forced to shoot someone who is attempting to shoot them. Or, fighting with a suspect who will not give up peacefully is especially harsh on someone who does not want to fight in the first place.

In this next portion I am not commenting directly towards your friend but giving an amount of perspective. I assume nothing of your friend because personally I do not know him and could claim no idea of the circumstances of his employment.

In SOME circumstances, police officer who are fired, along with anyone who is terminated from any employment, are embarassed or somewhat jilted because it did not work out for them. These feelings may lead to fabricating a NOBLE reason as to why they were fired or quit. In effect, saving face with their friends and family.

So, my point in all that is, lets try to refrain from third party, abstract, stories to try to prove a point.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It seems TOC prevents posting a very appropriate and on-topic song from 1988 but watching several women get physically beaten is acceptable under the TOC here.

I'd like to fight back but I think the thread demonstrates perfectly what will happen.

Outrage is squashed by the overseers as we see in all walks of life.

Cheers.

edit on 29-4-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

You have ONE friend who became a police officer. That ONE friend joined ONE police department. In that police department, he was placed with ONE group of officers.

No. I was discussing the experience of ONE friend in particular. I know several cops. And several MPs too. That ONE friend I am discussing is just the only one who came from a family of cops who was run off the job.

Also, how do you know it was not just the normal aggression and nastiness that comes with the job that he could not deal with?

Because I know him, had worked with him for 2 years prior to his joining the force. He could handle stress and aggression. And, having had both his father and grandfather spend their whole careers as police, he had a much better than average understanding of what it used to entail being a cop. What he wasnt prepared for was the change in attitude and aggression towards civilians, (which he initially thought he could deal with and act as a counter force to) and the aggression towards anyone who did not agree with the new attitude inside the department.

In SOME circumstances, police officer who are fired, along with anyone who is terminated from any employment, are embarassed or somewhat jilted because it did not work out for them.

I can see how that could be the case. My friend was not fired however. He quit. And he didnt quit because he was in trouble. He was in no official trouble. He quit because he really couldnt stand the nasty mean attitude of the people he worked with. His family were protect and serve guys. My friend wanted to protect and serve.

So, my point in all that is, lets try to refrain from third party, abstract, stories to try to prove a point.

You know what I am curious about? What YOUR level of expertise is in this area. You never did answer as to whether or not you were a cop wanna be. Or if you were an actual cop. But you sure have very strong opinions which, unlike myself and others here, you support with nothing at all. No studies, no nothing really, except your unsupported opinion. And your evaluation of the evidence on video draws your judgment into serious question. Even in the light of more evidence, including another eyewitness on camera not involved in the scuffle, you still blindly cheer lead that officers actions. You are not very credible, honestly, because it is rather apparent that no facts are involved in your decision making on this issue. Despite your using logical form, you are clearly cherry picking details to support your belief, not allowing the facts of the case to form your belief.

"Third party abstract stories" as you call them, are often called "eye witness testimony" in court, arent they? They may be hearsay coming from me to you, but from him to me, it was someone whom I knew, and trusted, and had worked with, and whose family I knew, who had walked away from something he had worked for years to get into (nowdays you need college courses in New Mexico) giving me a first hand eye witness account.

He would not have left after having invested all that time, effort, money, etc., in the job had there not been something wrong.

On the other hand, there is evidence that your "nothing to see here, move along" attitude is not base on reality. Police brutality is real.

www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors are targeting a rising number of law enforcement officers for alleged brutality, Justice Department statistics show. The heightened prosecutions come as the nation's largest police union fears that agencies are dropping standards to fill thousands of vacancies and "scrimping" on training.

Cases in which police, prison guards and other law enforcement authorities have used excessive force or other tactics to violate victims' civil rights have increased 25% (281 vs. 224) from fiscal years 2001 to 2007 over the previous seven years, the department says.

During the same period, the department says it won 53% more convictions (391 vs. 256). Some cases result in multiple convictions.

Federal records show the vast majority of police brutality cases referred by investigators are not prosecuted.

David Burnham, the co-founder of the TRAC database, says prosecutions appear to be increasing, but "more important" are the numbers of cases prosecutors decline.

Last year, 96% of cases referred for prosecution by investigative agencies were declined.

In 2005, 98% were declined, a rate that has remained "extremely high" under every administration dating to President Carter, according to a TRAC report.

The high refusal rates, say Burnham and law enforcement analysts, result in part from the extraordinary difficulty in prosecuting abuse cases. Juries are conditioned to believe cops, and victims' credibility is often challenged.

"When police are accused of wrongdoing, the world is turned upside down," Harris says. "In some cases, it may be impossible for (juries) to make the adjustment."

Your refusal to acknowledge police brutality as an issue, even when you see it on video, seems to place you into the category of those who "are conditioned to believe cops."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by FPB214

You picture your girlfriend in the other woman's place. Which creates an EMOTIONAL response to the situation instead of taking it for what it is. And that is where your rationality and logic goes out the window.

I would probably bet that your girlfriend would have enough sense to stay out of a situation like this. Or, I would probably bet that if your girlfriend wanted to get involved you would try to keep her out of it.

Also, lets separate the two uses of force because there are clear reasons why each were applied. First, the woman was slapped because she pulled on the officer's shoulder while he was trying to arrest someone. Second, the woman was punched in the face because she retaliated by coming at him swinging full force. The slap and punch did not result solely from her pulling on his shoulder.

Are you correct that another form of force could have been applied to her instead of slapping or punching in the face? Sure. But in this situation, her force was met with the officer's force. Once she was subdued, the officer no longer struck her and placed her under arrest. If the officer continued to beat her after overcoming her then he would absolutely have been out of line.

I agree with you, that I would have had my girlfriend stay out of it if I was there. I thought of this when I posted the response. However, she was not pulling on the officer's shoulder. From what I saw she was putting a hand on her friend and the officer trying to seperate the two. When you watch the second video that came out as well, you see the officer shaking the woman back and forth for the whole video. Yet, he couldn't get control of her? The lady who was supposed to be arrested was just sitting there screaming getting yanked. The cop either has no strength to pull the woman out of the booth, or he's just shaking her roughly back and forth for fun. I believe, since he's twice her size if not more, he could pull her and easily handcuff her.

Because of that, the girl decided to try and break them up, possibly to just stop the shaking and let the officer properly arrest her. Even IF the officer was getting "tugged" on, he has no right to slap a tiny woman for doing so. The other officer didn't. You could almost tell the other officer was wondering why his partner was being so violent imo.

I think it's funny you say the woman came at him with full force. Did she? Sure. Did she actually connect with his face? Not from what I see. From what I saw, she barely connected with his arm. Boo hoo, im sure a little slap from a girl twice as small as you, on your arm, feel's like a twig falling on your sleeve covered arm. So even after this explanation, you feel the officer was doing his job by landing a hard, solid punch to a little fragile woman's face?

Obviously he would have been out of line for beating her after she was handcuffed. Either way, I guess I see it this way. If I was a big, fat cop who weighed twice as much as a girl (if not more) and she threw two, weak throws at my arm, I wouldn't deck her straight in the face. Maybe you would? That's you though, I wouldn't. That's just me though.

If he was so upset about her trying to SEPERATE the violence, he could have just went over to her and stuck the cuffs on her wrist. Did he? No, instead he slapped her across the face, punched her in the face, and embarrassed her by exposing her infront of the restaurant.

Fact remains, if a true professional would have handled this situation, it could have turned out alot better, with alot less comoton then it did. That's fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I posted this on the new thread regarding this video, so copy & paste:

That was freakin excessive. Is the emasculation of men so rampant that a man doesn't know how to BEAR HUG A WOMAN! She's freakin tiny! All he had to do was hold her, that's ALL!! Cops are stupid as crap! lol I went to that Ihop like 3 weeks ago.
edit on 30-4-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
It's rare when you see someone "break through the police uniform's shields". When 10 guys in uniform can't be touched by 10,000 angry people, what else do you call that? A hypnotic program trance.

If a police officer is having a bad night and has a few whiskeys while still in uniform, we aren't allowed to defend ourselves against his irrational assaults? It's just a hypothetical scenario, but no one has ever clarified to me where the line is when it comes to corrupt police actions vs civilian legal response to that.

when you put on the uniform. That should be common sense. hope that clarified it for you. If you were in civilian clothes you wouldn't get away with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
"How to piss off a police officer by asking 'Did you see it?'"

Youtube.

I'm quoting myself here but that thread has died. Abuse of power and authority nevertheless. They dont always have to taze, hit or shoot you to be bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That's a good point, here is the complete story from witnesses in the IHop:

the officer, whose name was not known, shouted at a woman sitting in the corner of a booth near the door and then he lunged at her. A woman wearing a black dress appeared to be trying to separate the officer and her friend when the officer slapped her. The woman in the black dress hit him back and he responded with a punch to her face. A second officer came up just as the struggle began. He got involved when it became physical between the first cop and the woman in the black dress and appeared to be trying to separate the two. The first officer pulled the woman in a black dress away from the table, threw her onto the floor and laid on top of her while trying to get handcuffs on one wrist. The second wrist was cuffed when she turned over on her stomach. Within moments, a female officer appeared to hold back the crowd while the woman in the black dress, shoeless, was led out of the restaurant.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I am not usually one to call out for anarchy but in a situation like this, it wouldve been great to see every civilian in that restaurant come to those womens aid.
That is the only way crap like this will get major attention.
These cops are most likely war vets and this is how they treated the civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by areyouserious2010

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the thread. A link to the class and the class notes with citations is there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

it's all the toxins and stuff in the food and water + the mind control

buncha weaklings letting themselves get pushed around

did you know a womens lower body strength is such that a well placed kick can kill?

in all fairness while i know all sorts of ways to kill with a blow, when i've found myself in similar situations i go into a trance state [not intentionally] and then my Wyrdd starts messing with their heads.

on one occasion at a police station a cop i was arguing with sorta went for his gun
i called him out on it and dared him to pull it
5 others grabbed me, picked me up, and slammed me into a cell
a well timed kick at the wall kept me from harm. 10 min later the precinct commander came by i acted all wide eyed and confused and told him that i was hypoglycemic, so they thought my adrenaline shakes where me going into sugar shock.

bottom line all charges were dropped and the drunk who was driving the car i was in was allowed to go after a few hours of sobering up, no charges either.

i made sure i smiled at the cop as we drove away.

P.S. i was once dumping some trash on the side walk [nearly 100 yr old cash registers- minus the bronze bits which i sold] cop drives up
-you got a permit for that?-
i point to a sign on the property with the permit number
guess he didn't like my attitude
-whats your name?-
he calls it in then comes over looking like he's got something
- we've got no record on you-
i laugh in his face - of course not officer, i have a clean record- and go back to work [without his permission LOL]

the look on his face...
priceless.

most cops are stupid, period and can be outsmarted.

i hate these videos for the same reason i hate zombie movies, they show people as weaklings: just curling up and dying instead of defending themselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

why cause you ain't on youtube nothing is stopping you from creating your own channel and promoting yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

authoritarianism is a quite common mental disease

read Erich Fromm

500,000/350000000=0.0014285714285714

your argument haz failed, majorly

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join