It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saddam on his death bed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They need to do everything possible to keep Saddam alive so he can have a fair trial followed by a gruesome public execution.

Having him die early, in custody, and particularly under suspicious circumstances, would be disastrous for the U.S.

Whatever his condition may be, you can rest assured he is under the best medical care available.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Saddam will never be allowed to speak against the US. same thing will happen when they "march " Osama out from hiding

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Here's what makes me suspicious. In less than 24 hours we went from repeated reports of Saddam "gardening and writing poetry" to "he's on his death bed!"

In order for this all to occur, he either had to have fallen over in the middle of the night in mid-verse of one of his "ode's to torture"...or fell face down in his rose garden first thing yesterday morning...

something doesn't smell like roses here.

Or the prison chef is CIA. Healthy people drop dead all the time. Some just up and fall off the couch. It's not impossible the guy had a stroke. But I'd lay off the pretzels just in case.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There is a thread already about this subject about the fate of the Saddam's let just say that it was always the goverments intention to make Saddam "go away". They might show one of the body doubles "Dead" from heart/brain complications. While the "real" Saddam remains in US goverment custody for as long as they need him to remain so. This means an indeffinite custody until he gives them the information that they want. Since the "public" Saddam is already/will be dead. They will no longer be under any sort of time schedule to bring him to trial etc.

So read through some of the other threads where we predicted that Saddam would somehow die in custody and see what is coming true.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Here's what makes me suspicious. In less than 24 hours we went from repeated reports of Saddam "gardening and writing poetry" to "he's on his death bed!"

In order for this all to occur, he either had to have fallen over in the middle of the night in mid-verse of one of his "ode's to torture"...or fell face down in his rose garden first thing yesterday morning...

something doesn't smell like roses here.

[edit on 7-29-2004 by Valhall]

The report of Saddam's stroke originates with his lawyers. So take it with a grain of salt. Members of the IGC say they visited him and he seemed fine. But a lawyer will pull any dirty trick to delay and prolong the inevitable.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yea this is great now the military is saying he is fine

www.cnn.com...

I am telling you, there is more then one Saddam in US custody.

My thoughts are (one) of them will end up dead soon enough.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I heard on the 6:00 New's this morning that persistant prostate infections were giving him problems but he refused a Prostate biopsy to rule out cancer and dosen't take the antiobiotics as he should.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
Put him on trial now so the world can see both sides of the 'story'.

Oh brother. Saddam doesn't have a story.
He's a mass murdering bastard that deserves
to die and have his soul rot in hell forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
One thing for certain, Saddam Hussein has been relegated to the history books. Whether dead or alive, it is a non issue, as Iraq has been freed from this dictator. The seeds of freedom are being planted in the Middle East, will they sprout?...only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh brother. Saddam doesn't have a story.
He's a mass murdering bastard that deserves
to die and have his soul rot in hell forever.

So you don't believe in justice for all?

If we condem him to death with no trial then we are no better, don't you understand this?

The bottom line is he deserves a trial, the nazis had trials at Nuremberg - you might of heard of them.

It would help towards our understanding of the reasons why these things happen and that can only be a good thing, wouldn't you agree?

[edit on 30-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If he really has health problems and dies before trial, there's nothing that can be done about it. Prisoners die before trial all the time, all over the world. They die before appeals. People just die.

I'd like to see him go on trial because I'm waiting, just as the Arab world is waiting, to see the trial of an Arab leader. I want to see him answer the accusations. I want to see him face his accusers, if they do in fact handle it like the Nazi trials. I don't think there are multiple Saddams in custody or believe in any kind of conspiracy regarding this incarceration. I think his lawyers are acting like lawyers do... trying to buy time and find anything they can to tip the scales even a little bit in their client's favor.

He'll live to face trial or he won't.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
One thing for certain, Saddam Hussein has been relegated to the history books. Whether dead or alive, it is a non issue, as Iraq has been freed from this dictator. The seeds of freedom are being planted in the Middle East, will they sprout?...only time will tell.

Not much grows in the desert

Seriously though. I hope he lives long enough for the Iraqi people to try him. They need that as a nation to completely free themselves and move on.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
the american government is playing a joke on the people of earth.
do you really believe that he was captured so he can get a proces
forget that
all was planned long before desert storm
there will be no saddam for the judge(maybe his double)
they did saddam a offer he could't refuse.
who wouldn't.
the future will show you all.

saddam gets his paycheck, and it is not life in prison.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
try to stay objective.
and let go youre pro american tought.
take a step back and watch the truth.
the world is full of europeans, americans, arabs, etc, etc.
But you need to look trough the eyes of humanity

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
As long as this guy can no longer, rob, torture and kill a group of people to satisfy his whim, I don't care if they've got Santa Claus under lock & key.

Or Santa's double.

As long as that evil group of men don't come back to power then can have a sham trial, then stick him on the Isle of Dr. Moureau.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Why do you consider Saddam an enemy?

Yep,...He's America's bestest buddy.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gurnio

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Why do you consider Saddam an enemy?

Yep,...He's America's bestest buddy.

that dirty rat. he could at least show us some gratitude for all the anthrax we sold him.

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join