It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the Reagan Questions-and Obama won't like the answers....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

The economy is improving slightly not because of obama it's inspite of obama's bungling

The fact remains, the economy is improving. Obama is the sitting president...you can't place blame on him for the economy and not give him credit for it's improvement.

Jobs are still being loss and unemployment is still higher then when President Bush was in office.

Unemployment is dropping...sorry, but numbers don't lie.

As far as the recession being over? Since when? Notice the increase in fuel prices? Notice the cost of everything else in stores rising? The recessions not over the press just isn't reporting on it because if people really knew it'd make obama look worse then he already is.

Since we have had positive growth for the past six quarters. Look up the definition of a "recession". Here's a hint...it's not a random or arbitrary term.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

When are you going to stop using blogs of some random persons OPINIONS as your source of truth?

Sorry...I like facts...not propaganda that re-enforces what I WANT the world to be like.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

2 years ago banks were closing all over the place, and now they are not.

I get it, you're either trying to be funny or you believe everything that the current administration is telling you to believe. Please take off the blinders long enough to read the news.

Here's a comprehensive list of FAILED banks. No shortage of bank closures over the past two years. Fridays are never good in the banking realm.
www.fdic.gov...

Yes...thanks for the numbers.

In 2010 by this time there were almost 60 banks that have closed.

This year...not even 30.

Thanks for providing the numbers to prove my point.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yeah because people are running out of unenjoyment not because there is a massive increase in the job market opportunity. And yes I can speak from experience.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by neo96
ditto on not being better off in fact i am worse off

i have less money now than i did under bush

echoing bezzer said.

this country is not better off its in serious danger.

You both hit it straight on....but another problem is you have people across this nation, including ATS'ers who will support and defend the ignorance of the current POTUS...members like Sinnthia who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag, who will sit there as a typical keyboard commando and preach to all of us on how great Obama is doing, what he has done for this country.

Its people like that, that are the problem and need to be eradicated.....preferably on a deserted island far away from people with a brain....

Yes, i have observed this as well, an American has to either be working for a military contractor or for the fed-state government to be safe in this latest Depression that has not ended since 2008.

The truly funny thing is they told the americans of old that they too where out of the great depression-1929, but we all know from history that it took world war II, to truly get America out. So as Celente has said is that what will be happening next

edit on 26-4-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Ron Paul just announced for the presidency
Obama will have to assassinate to get re elected

LOL> Paul's fellow Republicans would be FAR more likely to take Paul out than Obama.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Obama only won because he lied to everyone. "CHANGE!" African Americans only voted for him for the simple fact he's black. Don't believe me? I have a friend who works at a federal prison in PA and the night of the elections all the African American Inmates were going insane! I'm not a raciest but, if they could of voted they would have for him just because.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Yeah because people are running out of unenjoyment not because there is a massive increase in the job market opportunity. And yes I can speak from experience.

Jobs are coming back.

Your personal situation doesn't define the whole situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The government does not measure unemployment by reviewing who receives or files for 'unemployment.

www.bls.gov...

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to persons who have applied for such benefits, and since it is impractical to actually count every unemployed person each month, the Government conducts a monthly sample survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country. The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940, when it began as a Work Projects Administration project. It has been expanded and modified several times since then. For instance, beginning in 1994, the CPS estimates reflect the results of a major redesign of the survey. (For more information on the CPS redesign, see Chapter 1, "Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey," in the BLS Handbook of Methods.)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

So they like to look at unemployment numbers to say the amount of people unemployed is reducing yet they don't acknowledge the fact that the number of people losing unemployment benefits because of running out. Yeah I knew that already, I was just trying to put it out there for others as to why the unemployment is reducing.It's not because of the influx of jobs to the job market.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh my personal situation was never intended to define the whole situation, it was just an insiders prospective as to what the current job market is like out there at least in my neck of the woods. Thankfully I landed a job after 2 yrs of looking.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh my personal situation was never intended to define the whole situation, it was just an insiders prospective as to what the current job market is like out there at least in my neck of the woods. Thankfully I landed a job after 2 yrs of looking.

So you should be thanking Obama from keeping the economy from tanking for good after Bush screwed it up. If he didn't do that...you wouldn't of even found that job after two years.

But you will still continue to not give him credit...even though you now have a job...BECAUSE THE ECONOMY IS IMPROVING.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Food for thought here, something that i totally had forgotten about, is that the Executive branch has full control over the stats of the National unemployment Data

So, does anyone in their right mind think that Obama, would tell the truth with his current track record

Again food for thought

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

No I am going to thank my employer whom I worked for 10 yrs ago for welcoming me back. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, knew the right person and had the qualifications. Why would I thank obama when he might of had something to do with me losing my original job, and had nothing to do with me landing a new one? The field I went back to wasn't one that received bailouts or anything from the government, they just happen to be one of the few companies that have grown due to customer need through all of this economy mess. But I will be a good sport about it and shake his hand on his way out the door, followed by a kick in the ass.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Like it or not...Obama kept this economy afloat with his policies.

You don't have to admit...but deep down you know it. So do the REpublicans...which is why you are not seeing great candidates coming forward for the Republicans.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
While I would answer that question with a resounding "NO", I don't like the false dichotomy of the question one bit. Just because Obama wasn't able to fix the mess and, in fact, made it even bigger, doesn't mean you should just vote for the other guy hoping he'll be so much better than most of the degenerates we've had "lead" our nation.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If submerged up to you nostrils is your definition of afloat then rock on, but it's mighty hard to breath through the top of your head don't you think? No I will pass on the deep down inside thing, but I will admit that he is not the only one at fault through the whole mess.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

The government does not measure unemployment by reviewing who receives or files for 'unemployment.

www.bls.gov...

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to persons who have applied for such benefits, and since it is impractical to actually count every unemployed person each month, the Government conducts a monthly sample survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country. The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940, when it began as a Work Projects Administration project. It has been expanded and modified several times since then. For instance, beginning in 1994, the CPS estimates reflect the results of a major redesign of the survey. (For more information on the CPS redesign, see Chapter 1, "Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey," in the BLS Handbook of Methods.)

Sorry, but either I am misunderstanding you here, or you just contradicted yourself with your own quote.
I put in bold what I see as contradiction. You said they do not measure by filings, but then put up a quote that says it does in fact relate to those that apply.
Either I am confused about your intent or you are confused about the similarities between filing for and applying for.

That being said, I have read and heard supposed experts say that the unemployment numbers are in fact manipulated by the filings and applications and receipts of benefits. If one does not file, one is not counted as unemployed, thereby not contributing to the percentage. That would be like saying people who are homeless, but never register with a shelter must not be homeless because it is not documented therefore not contributing to the homeless percentage of the US.

And finally, to relate directly to the topic and its various opinions.

No, I am not better off in the overall. I do have a job that I am proud to show up for. I make a regular wage and do not have to live in squaller. However, I see gas prices year after year continue to rise. I see grocery store items continue to rise. Milk is slowly becoming a luxury instead of a staple. I see my country more deeply in debt in one decade than it has been in a century. I see homes with forsale and forrent signs growing in numbers. I see businesses slipping to the point of concern for their own future.

As far as numbers and statistics. The web is a wonderful place for debate. Every so called Fact or Statistic can be countered with ones that are wholely shifted in the opposite direction. If you can show me data that says the world is coming to an end, I can show you just as many that say that is bull. You can do the same to my own, so I know I am not immune.

You can go on living in a world where the sky is falling and only Golden Boy Barry can save us, or not. I dont trust him and I dont vote for him, then or now.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I like the Titanic analogy. We've hit an iceberg and Obamas' idea of staying afloat is to make the hole in the ship bigger.
Another thread had 18% of all money people make coming from the government. Obama is spending trillions and yet the ship is still sinking. Our debt is out of control, our credit rating is a disaster, and Obamas idea of a solution is to raise taxes on small businesses.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All I know is that America was not better off after 8 years of Reagan.
He was a huge spending president that thought it was best for poor people to live off the scraps of rich people through trickle down economics. Iran-Contra, a pre-arranged deal with Iran to not release the hostages until he became president (so he could become president). Sandanistas, central american assassination squads, An unprecedented escalation of the drug war (which he didn't win by the way in case you hadn't noticed). The creation of Al Qaeda. The funding of Bin Laden. Black monday, deregulation., The savings and loan scandals.

It took me 2 minutes to come up with that list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join