It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THOR a must see

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm going to see this but for Kat Dennings. Its just going to be a run of the mill comic book move I fear, but what can you do. Hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My wife wants to go see it for the lead guy (she thinks he's hot), and I'll go see it for Natalie Portman, so it's all good...

Don't come to Australia then we all look like this,with the exception of Russell Crowe.He had to leave because he couldn't get a date .

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I will buy the DVD to add to the "Avengers" collection, but I won't be seeing this in the cinema, it looks so cheesy, I never was a fan of Thor, but as I say will get DVD ready for "The Avengers" in a year or 2.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America..... I WANT THE AVENGERS. Luckily it comes out summer of 2012, so we should see it before the world implodes.

Side note: Captain America looks better than I thought it would, considering the last attempt at the franchise.
And you just can't go wrong with Hugo Weaving as a villain........ or playing any character in a movie for that matter.
Captain America

I remember readin that "Ant Man" would get a movie too.
Has this gone out the window???

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Ant Man...??? Really??? Now we're just reaching. I've at least heard of Thor, and I remember the 70's series with Captain America...but Ant Man? No clue...(and neither will the public at large). That's even more obscure than the Green Hornet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

screenrant.com...

This isn't the info I read about a year ago, but it's here.
I guess it's still in the "maybe" pile.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There were hints that Hank and Janet Pym (Ant-man & Wasp) being in the Avengers but this is now looking unlikely, still maybe getting his own movie after though.
Thor is directed by Sir Kenneth Brannagh by the way, Shakesperian actor and director. He should add some depth to a fun popcorn movie.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
THOR has been getting awesome reviews by the critics, I can't wait to see it. I really hope that Captain America and Green Lantern will be just as good.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Saw it wednesday, absolutely fantastic movie. Even the few comedy moments were genuinely laugh out loud, especially the pet store scene.

Must see.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Should be going to see it this weekend with some friends. Wouldn't be my first pick to see, but I'm going with the consensus. At least it's one of the few movies I'd like to see.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

hahaha " give me a horse" or something yeah I lol too...

So come on then thoughts???? I loved it and so did the girlfriend!!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thor was a terrible movie , that was some of the worst acting I have ever seen. I'm surprised that Anthony Hopkins surrounded himself with such terrible actors.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I downloaded this about a week ago. It was just another Marvel movie and not a good one at that. I would place it on par with the Thomas Jane Punisher, The second Hulk and Daredevil etc. Watchable but falling very short of the mark imo.

Trowa

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Going to see it tonight, so guess I'll see...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
really?

then I will be there..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It was about as I expected.

When they were riding their horses on the rainbow bridge, I turned to my comic book enthusiast buddy, and said, "You know, Rainbow Brite travels the same way.." and he laughed, but then didn't look happy...

There were some good scenes, and some great visuals. A lot of boredom in the middle though. Still, I think it was marginally better than Hulk, but not as good as Ironman.

They really should have capitalized on this guy more though...

Had they shown the shirtless scene on trailers, they'd increase their female audience quite a bit. A shower scene would have been a nice addition (also involving Portman, for us guys, since she was in about 5 layers of clothes the whole film)...but that's just being picky...

The only bad acting I really saw in this was by the lead. I swear, I don't think his expression changed the entire film, no matter what happened. Still though, not the best, but not the worst either.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
OMG this looks amazing, watch the trailor and let me know your thoughts

THOR

:-)

Yes!
I saw this movie. And it is very good.
Funny and great entertainment indeed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

www.youtube.com...

Here, I dunno if you've seen this? It's not bad.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Minor Spoilers Ahead

I am a big comic fan and I just watched this movie earlier this evening. It wasn't as great as I had hoped, and with this film being pretty well received by the critics I had pretty high hopes to begin with. It's still a good movie, but certainly not memorable. There are a lot of notable deviations from the comics, which was disappointing. I like it better when the source material is trusted. I think a Thor film could have been told while being more true to the comics, but it would probably work better as a stand-alone feature, as 'Thor' would work best in a fantasy "fable-like" setting, which would make transitioning him into the Avengers film very difficult. It's a lot easier for comic books. I think most of all I missed Thor having the shakespearan dialogue that he is known for.

Aside from that, I thought that most of the acting was good, although Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), Jaimie Alexander (Sif), Anthony Hopkins (Odin), and Rene Russo (Frigga) didn't really click with me in the roles they portrayed. This film's Jane Foster in particular was very annoying and every one of her scenes felt forced and poorly written. This incarnation is an astrophysicist instead of a nurse who can't help herself at the sight of the hunky Thor. She comes across as more of a horny sheltered school girl than a respectable, modern intelligent woman. There is no chemistry in this film between Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth, and there's not even an interesting love triangle between the two and Sif, who is not mentioned in this film as having any romantic ties with Thor.

The depictions of Asgard, the frost giants, the bifrost bridge were all pretty cool. I enjoyed seeing Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg, the warriors three, and Heimdall was also entertaining. Disappointingly absent from this film is Balder the Brave, but I suppose there is always the sequel. I can't wait to see how Joss Whedon handles the character in "The Avengers" next year.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Great film,

It was full of stuff ATS would normally eat up, I'm surprised there arn't conspiracy threads devoted to the film.

Spoliers ahead!

The film has aliens, extradimensional Nordic aliens worshipped as gods by humanity who use a tree like network of wormholes, like Stargate, to travel to earth.
An alien object and alien crashed in the New Mexico desert, reminscent of Roswell.
Men in Black types, SHIELD, show up to quarantine the object and cover up the event.

It also reminded me of Paradise Lost and the book of Enoch. Parts of it reminded me of Canaanite myth.

Thor himself, was a very, for lack of a better term, Luciferian character. He was cast out by the allfather king of the gods to earth as a mortal human, somewhat like fallen angels, for his arrogance and pride, like Lucifer in Paradise Lost. He has a change of heart though and becomes a more Jesus like character. He learns humility and sacrfice. He dies to save the people in the town. His death was the final trial and he is resurrected and once again is a "god". He also falls in love with a human, which makes one wonder what their children would have been like? Demigods? Nephilim?

The comic book itself already has shades of all of this. Jack Kirby, one of the creators of the comic book Thor, was a fan of the works of Erich Von Daniken and studied occult subjects.

If you look at his early creations for DC and Marvel, the Fourth World saga (DC) and the Eternals (Marvel), Kirby's knowledge is really apparent and pretty amazing in the time before the Internet.

As a film I enjoyed it. I liked it better than Iron Man 2 or The Incredible Hulk, but not as much as the first Iron Man, which is still my favorite Marvel movie. It could have been as good as Iron Man, at least to me, with a few changes.

1. More mythology: All nine realms should have been mentioned and described. If Thor was about to be crowned king of the gods and the nine realms, there should have been a summit of the nine realms at Asgard for the coronation. I really wanted to see Surtur or another fire jotnar (giant/titan) even though I bet people would ask why was a Balrog in Thor after seeing it. Light elves, dark elves and dwarves! Valkyries! Ratatosk, talking squirrels. The Norns. The Underworld. Ragnarok. Plus where was Balder? All portrayed of course as aliens.

2. References to the Eternals(Olympians)/Deviants(Typhonians), Celestials(Primordial stargods), other cosmic beings like the Elder gods. I know the Infinity Gauntlet is in the film for a split second in Odin's vault, but if you blink you'll miss it, literally. The Destroyer's origin would have been a good way to reference all of that in a couple of minutes.

3. The battle between the Destroyer and Thor. It should have been as epic as the fight between Abomination and the Hulk. The US military, in the form of airstrikes, should have been involved in that final battle, after the SHIELD team was wiped out. To me this was the biggest let down. Iron Man 2 and the Incredible Hulk had huge battles at the climax.

It was still a good movie though if you like sci fantasy. It wasn't as epic as Star Wars, but it was better than Stargate.
edit on 15/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: a

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join