It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uk broadcaster channel 4.. another weird advert, this time using an end of the world scenario..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i thought i would put this up because i know alot of members here do like this kind of stuff.. i dont really have an opinion on it, im purely posting this for others.
i did a search and found nothing and wasnt sure which forum to put this in, so mods please feel free to move or close if necessary.

this video is an advert which is currently running on the channel 4 network in the uk, advertising their sister station film four, it is only a minute long.
no real explanation is needed although the city which this clip portrays is london for those of you that dont recognize the buildings.

i do have to add the channel 4 network does generally tend to use weird and crazy adverts, to promote their channels..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes very interesting, the item that I can say "sticks out" is the numeric sign on the front door to his flat as you would call it. Me? I would call it a house over here

The thought I had about it was an upside down 12 followed by a right-side up 10. Or maybe the beginning too, with the half-wiped away "Governmental" sign of some sort on the broken down stone pillar.

Be Love!

TWBU

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now that ... is a bit freaky.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's a love story really.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

To be honest I didn't notice anything really. Only that, That's the guy from "Dead Mans Shoes". Thats a crazy @ss film!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

-What is that symbol he steps over at 0:04 ?
-What is written upside down on the front door?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

-What is that symbol he steps over at 0:04 ?
-What is written upside down on the front door?

The symbol he steps over at 0:04 is a london underground sign i think

Written on the front door is this but upside down 0 | 12 dont know what it means, could be something to do with the olympics..who knows

I dont think its anything significant tho, its just an advert...and this IS channel 4 were talking about..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Ive been seeing some very strange adverts on tv recently.

Like the Go Compare advert (with that annoying fat man) and hes on the moon singing with aliens about car insurance.

TBTB are prepping us for disclosure

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123

Ive been seeing some very strange adverts on tv recently.

Like the Go Compare advert (with that annoying fat man) and hes on the moon singing with aliens about car insurance.

TBTB are prepping us for disclosure

while i dont doubt that we have been desensetised to the possibility of aliens etc the job was already done before this go compare advert
I do not think tptb would beed an advert such as that to accomplish what movies, tv shows and video games have done 1 million times better

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Dead mans shoes is one of my favorite films of all time. Paddy Considine is a great actor.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

There is actually a longer version of that video.

It starts with him discovering an old wrecked car and finding a wallet full of twenty pound notes..he says "jackpot "
and then begins his trek back to his shack..after a short walk through post-apocalypse London, he gets back to his shack and puts the banknotes in the stove to start the fire.

Cosmic...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
How is this a conspiracy? Its an ad. You people are too paranoid for your own good, and this is coming from me.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
How is this a conspiracy? Its an ad. You people are too paranoid for your own good, and this is coming from me.

where does anyone mention a conspiracy in this thread?

i think your on the right track with what you say, although the paranoia IS coming from you

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

i havent seen that version.. ill check it out, it sounds pretty good with the bank notes..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Oh darn, I meant to the right of the front door. The first letter looks like an upside down "i", although you might be right about the Olympic symbol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

There is actually a longer version of that video.

It starts with him discovering an old wrecked car and finding a wallet full of twenty pound notes..he says "jackpot "
and then begins his trek back to his shack..after a short walk through post-apocalypse London, he gets back to his shack and puts the banknotes in the stove to start the fire.

Cosmic...

haha that's Epic!
Nice ads. Real nice.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If this just a commerical or part of a movie. I would like to see that movie. It looks interesting.If everything is gone though basically how are they getting TV signal? LOl

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
If this just a commerical or part of a movie. I would like to see that movie. It looks interesting.If everything is gone though basically how are they getting TV signal? LOl

The TV was channeling the spirit of David Niven silly.

David is awesome, he was probably jesus...lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hehe, they are not the only ones to pick up this theme. When I saw this following advert, I found it a bit funny to take it to that extreme... have a look:

I seriously doubt that wood paint will save us from the biggest xflare yet to come.
edit on 27/4/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join