It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 150 Quakes Hammer Hawthorne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The quake swarm continues at Hawthorne, Nevada with many events later wiped off by USGS. Even so, over 150 shakers have hit in the past week. Also notable on this map are quakes occurring around Mono Lake, Calif. This water body is contiguous to one of America's largest calderas measuring roughly 20 miles across – about half the size of Yellowstone's collapsed volcano. That's massive. Mono Lake and both Inyo and Mono Craters are all part of the massive Long Valley Caldera System.

standeyo.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83c610b08318.jpg[/atsimg]

How true this is I don't know but I'm sure some you who are heavily into earthquake data will be able to get to the bottom of this one.

As for the USGS removing these quakes from their system, why would they? What makes them feel that it is necesary to do so?
Is it in order to protect the fragile state of affairs of the USA?
Is it to stop a mass panic due to doomsayers?

Is a potentially huge earthquake about to break out in this region?
Unfortunately, time will tell..

If it does, then I hope this info is a little bit of forewarning.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why would they USGS remove these quakes?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I too have been observing a lot of earthquake activity in Nevada and California

For real time updates: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The hawthorn base is drilling or weapons testing or something, I forget right now but a few months back someone posted about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
why would they USGS remove these quakes?

I think the better question is why wouldn't they? There have been rumors circulating for some time now that the USGS has been covering up information and deleting seismic data, specially regarding yellowstone and the san andreas fault.

If scientists, and more importantly the US government, believe that the long valley caldera is showing signs of an imminent eruption that could have dire consequences including wiping out the west coast - how are you supposed to warn the public and evacuate millions of people?

The answer is simple - they won't do anything because they know they don't have the resources and manpower. Instead wait for the chaos to ensue and deploy FEMA to clean up the mess afterwards. What do you think all of these coffins, detainee manuals, freeze dried food packets, etc are for?? And why the rush to procure them?

join