It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddles I Could Never Answer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Sticks bend.

A 149,598,000 kilometer one would bend a lot.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

ON TOPIC: What came first the chicken or the egg? still trying to wrap my head around that one

NOW OFF TOPIC: is that your chevy in your avatar pic?

This is a simple one, clearly it's the egg, dinosaurs laid eggs and you did not specify a chickens egg

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by TechVampyre

ON TOPIC: What came first the chicken or the egg? still trying to wrap my head around that one

NOW OFF TOPIC: is that your chevy in your avatar pic?

This is a simple one, clearly it's the egg, dinosaurs laid eggs and you did not specify a chickens egg

I would have to say the chicken came first. without the chicken there is no egg. but then where did the chicken come from? well of course an egg, so who laid that egg. duh a chicken...... im so lost

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Black holes have been observationally confirmed (invisible object, vast gravitational effect shown by lensing and orbits of other objects and hawking radiation) but the theory of their genesis is simple and mathematically consistent. I believe that black holes do exist. There are some people who still believe in a flat earth.

They have not been observed, phenomenon that have been observed have been attributed to Black holes by mainstream science. There are alternate theories for all of that, those theories just don't get the same kind of grant money.

Spiral galaxy formation doesn't even require a Black hole. Just two interacting Birkeland currents. No "we swear it's there, but we can't see it" Black Holes, no "we sweat it's there, but we can't see it" dark matter, or any other of the random assortment of Dark-whatever they invent when the standard model gets proven wrong.

A mathematician can prove that 1 = 2 with modern math techniques. Does that mean it is true?

How did a collapsing star somehow avoided spinning faster and casting off jets of matter?

How can an asymmetrical object collapsed into a perfect infinitely dense point?

How can gravity prevent charge separation and allow the entire stellar mass to collapse into a point?

I'm not some moron who sees evidence to the contrary, and still thinks the Earth is flat.. The comparison is not equivalent, you are just being insulting and trying to slander me by comparing me to the truly insane.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Sorry, I never intended to upset you.

I will concede that the evidences for black holes are more theoretical and mathematical than directly observed and that standard physical theory is being increasing invalidated (radiation decays no longer seen as constant, quantisation of red shift & possible alternate speeds of light).

Please do not see my rebuttal as a personal attack, but just a differing opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join