It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to overcome Shyness??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey Useful, here is your pic:

To insert pics:

- Find the url of the pic, copy it.
- [ img ] then the url [ /img ]
- presto the pic is in your post.
P.S.- no spaces in the [ img ]

[Edited on 8/29/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
mmm your hot
i'd definetely walk up to you first

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks alot DiabolusFireDragon!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's natural to feel shy at some point in your life.....Though human's are social mammals, at the same time shyness happens, and it's part of life....

I like the public speaking idea, it really does work.
Kj is right too, looking inside yourself also helps sort things out, you don't get answers by always thinking what others could potentially be thinking about you.. Rather think positive about yourself and that will reflect off other people. You teach people how to treat you.

If you are nervous then that is something different. It's not your fault, but your nerves may not be communicating properly.. check out www.zoloft.com
social anxiety is weird and uncomfortable to talk about with others, however if you feel anxious i'd check out that web site.

and like sidge says, post that pic!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Damn! You are fine!! A big
to you...

If I had a boner well I wouldn't tell you because then I would be gay, and i'm not even a guy to begin with.... so that was just dumb.

Your shyness could be also lack of alcohol?? Too much alcohol makes you lose your inhibitions, maybe you have too many of them... Why don't you take up the sport? jk.. Quit thinking about it too much or you'll make yourself crazy.. But again... Damn!!! you are one hot dude...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hmmm your'e quite yummy, I wont lie.(Dont worry I'm female )
Maybe your just a kind of a shy person. I'm a wee bitty like that. I'm Extrovert with very extroverted people and people I know, but with introverts or strangers? Whoo boy I shell up! I wouldnt worry tho, you seem like a nice guy, people will eventually come your way if you dont go theirs.

[Edited on 30-8-2004 by Seeking Soul

[Edited on 30-8-2004 by Seeking Soul]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Generally, and I speak from experience, shyness is caused by a lack of confidence. I used to be that way, I guess I sort of grew out of it...I dunno. I work out, and fight with my friends. I guess I just stopped putting myself down. Like the others said, think positive. Do you walk with your head down? That's one thing that will probably add to your shyness.

Don't worry, be happy!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your ideas!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Voice lessons. Yes. Voice lessons. I was very very very shy. I still am, a bit. But a couple years ago I started taking voice.

Shy little me? Yeah. I turned out to be a mezzo soprano. That means I could probably make your local gymnasium/auditorium/stadium RING- without a microphone. Yup. Makes me giggle.

I'm still quiet. I am sometimes shy. But I *know* that other part of me exists. I am confident in my shyness - I even know how to use it to my advantage. And I use it when I want. Now my being quiet is a choice.

And sometimes I choose to be really really really LOUD.

[Edited on 7-9-2004 by Cercey]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join