It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting Images from the Sun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

April 21, 2011 marks the one-year anniversary of the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) First Light press conference, where NASA revealed the first images taken by the spacecraft.

In the last year, the sun has gone from its quietest period in years to the activity marking the beginning of solar cycle 24. SDO has captured every moment with a level of detail never-before possible. The mission has returned unprecedented images of solar flares, eruptions of prominences, and the early stages of coronal mass ejections (CMEs). In this video are some of the most beautiful, interesting, and mesmerizing events seen by SDO during its first year.

In the order they appear in the video the events are:

1. Prominence Eruption from AIA in 304 Angstroms on March 30, 2010.
2. Cusp Flow from AIA in 171 Angstroms on February 14, 2011.
3. Prominence Eruption from AIA in 304 Angstroms on February 25, 2011.
4. Cusp Flow from AIA in 304 Angstroms on February 14, 2011.
5. Merging Sunspots from HMI in Continuum on October 24-28, 2010.
6. Prominence Eruption and active region from AIA in 304 Angstroms on April 30, 2010.
7. Solar activity and plasma loops from AIA in 171 Angstroms on March 4-8, 2011.
8. Flowing plasma from AIA in 304 Angstroms on April 19, 2010.
9. Active regions from HMI in Magnetogram on March 10, 2011.
10. Filament eruption from AIA in 304 Angstroms on December 6, 2010.
11. CME start from AIA in 211 Angstroms on March 8, 2011.
12. X2 flare from AIA in 304 Angstroms on February 15, 2011.
Solar Dynamics Observatory

edit on 24-4-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think that theyre more beautiful than haunting...its amazing to see the Sun at work and its not haunting to me at least..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Like a huge magnificent Brain firing off electrical discharges, just something spiritual about it.
Thanks for sharing - beautiful.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Amazing. Thanks for posting.
This is what we can see, I wonder what all it is doing that we cannot see?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I had a profound experience, the Light/Family piercing my veil saying how much they longed to remove this completely. And Home, beyond the Sun. The Light all that we are. To remove the dust and grime from us, to clean off the mud puddles from our light and go home. Im going to watch that several times, it was gateway experience and just wanted to sink into that Light. Homeward Bound.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow!
Stunning stuff. Thanks so much for posting.
I was particularly moved by the image starting at 1.03. That, for me, felt like the spirit of The Sun.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
it's just absolutely spellbinding,and from 37 sec in to 47 sec,looking at those magical sunspots,they looked like living organisms moving around the sun,being viewed through a microscope.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Absolutely. A living, almost 'breathing' thing. Seeing this makes you rethink how you see the sun. I have a renewed awe and respect.
Just remarkable - and oh so humbling...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The mystery of the sun, for its our parent, in the solar system and light needed for all things.

Yet, Vatican calls their telescope lucifer in arizona and points it at the sun.

And they like to call Lucifer light of course.

This is a wonderful nasa video and tones for the sun, and I can see faces in it emerge. But it also looks like there is a light surface on it, but a black sphere underneath, so its something we don't understand.

at 1 24 of this video, NASA calls this: He ll 304 80,000 k

Do they think the Sun is hell?

at 40 seconds there is a beautiful women in the far right bottom, large and looks like a portrait painting.

at 1 32 a male top right, large, beautiful and lots of grey faces.

at 2 07 a dolphin

It made me want to paint or draw the images I see.

But just what is the mystery of this? Why call it hell?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
At 47 seconds the woman is in the lower right, but its constantly full of faces. The heartbeat or sound is soothing and whatever is the illuminati believe, don't think its true, there are probably different channels. I believe I read somewhere that there are filaments connecting the sun to the earth, almost like the computer cord, and all the stars are connected.

I think the technology that allows us to view the sun close up and in different ways, is remarkable.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Very nice. Beautiful images.

top topics

join