It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Anonymous, whomever you may be.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Assuming your lurking this website...

Although I support a good majority of your work, Im not exactly happy with the recent Sony attack.
Granted, I do believe Sony did wrong by those hackers, but, I think you all could have perfomed a more...calculated...attack.
Something along the lines of, say, what was done with HBGary.
Get a few emails, rape their servers, etc.
But, the Playstation Network?
Come on now.
That has literally affected everyone with a Sony gaming product, that prefers the online gaming.
The new Mortal Kombat just came out, along with MvC3, both of which Ive beat the sh*t out of like 10 times now.
I'm ready for a real challenge, preferably another human player, somewhere across the planet, not one of my half retarded, easy to beat friends, in my living room.

So, at the request of everyone out there that wishes to whup some a** online, please cease the attack on Sony, if you haven't already.

Now, if I may make a suggestion...
Ive noticed you've had major influence in several other countries with some government changing outcomes,
So, it'd be nice if you got alittle action stirred up here in the Good Ol' U.S..
I'd actually love to see some government changing outcomes, and I believe you are the people who can accomplish it the best.
You seem to stand well together, without a leadership, unlike most Americans, who need a leader to help them stand for themselves.
Who knows, maybe Anonymous can be the leader of the next American Revolution.
Leader-less leading the leader-less, so to speak.
Just a thought to leave you with.

Thank you for listening to me rant.

Sincerly,
The Cheesiest

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anonymous denys doing it. I believe that Sony is not being attacked but simply shutting off there network until they fix there own bugs and using Anonymous as a scape goat to hide there own mistakes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Poor online gamers.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cheddartoes

I think you are missing the point of Anonymous. The point seems to be more of a "hit em where it hurts" It doesn't matter that you can't play mortal kombat with some guy in Australia. It matter that Sony did wrong, and a message was sent to them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ANYTHING but the video games! NOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good! Go outside and do something productive. Video games rot your brain.

Seriously though, Sony is using Anonymous as a scapegoat IMO.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Are you really that dense? If I was Anon (or a member of) I would hack you back to the stoneage after reading what you wrote. Look outside your window, It's called the real world. Notice we got real problems to solve?
edit on 24-4-2011 by drblair because: spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I love the idea behind anonymous, and the fact that they are not afraid to take on the big boys.

I have every sympathy for your boring evening unable to game online. However, take comfort from the fact that anonymous probably made some Sony executive # his pants.......

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102

Yeah exactly!...Except that they don't. I, being a little on the more intelligent side, love the puzzles, and exploitative aspect of video games. Take a look at things like portal and it's physics based, space manipulating puzzles.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah, if this is Anon doing this they have lost all my support. It's been 3 days and I have not been able to pay black ops, and it's killing me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey gamers it's for the best.Anon sent a message and forced sony fix busted code in the process.It's a win win if you ask me.They would have shut it down for this sooner or later anyway.Don't let them blame shoddy programming on anon.No cod for a while?Big deal, take one for the team guy's it's in all real gamer's best interest even if it's not apparent atm.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I would like to clarify something as well. I love gaming. I am a big gamer girl. (Yes we exist). But I haven't played in over a week and I don't do it all the time. I am currently waiting till I have the money for Portal 2. And I was outside dancing for Earth Day. So us gamers can be active.
But there are thousands of people that are crippled, sick, have social anxiety and for them online gaming is a miracle in which they can have fun and social interaction without risking their health.

A few years ago there was a kid who had cancer and was going to die. He played World of Warcraft with his Dad and loved it. He was accepted by the "Make a Wish" foundation and his wish was to be a game designer, so he went to the Blizzard studios and got to design a character, in game quest, and do a voice over for a character.

He couldn't play baseball with his Pops like other kids, but he could bash some monsters online with him.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
ANYTHING but the video games! NOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!

[/sarcasm]

For real? Ignorance in less than 5 minutes? Whatta dick.

Originally posted by drblair
Are you really that dense? If I was Anon (or a member of) I would hack you back to the stoneage after reading what you wrote. Look outside your window, It's called the real world. Notice we got real problems to solve?
edit on 24-4-2011 by drblair because: spelling

Really?
You'd hack the # out of me?
For what reason?
I praised Anon for things they've done, yet I disagree with one thing and I deserved to be hacked?
"Oh noes, he dont agree with everything Ive said, so Im going to attack him."

And no sh*t we got real problems to solve, hence the little part I wrote at the bottom.
Attacking Sony hasnt solved a problem one, ergo my suggestion.

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi

Originally posted by anon102

Yeah exactly!...Except that they don't. I, being a little on the more intelligent side, love the puzzles, and exploitative aspect of video games. Take a look at things like portal and it's physics based, space manipulating puzzles.

I work construction.
Im outdoors 6 days a week, and here in the northwest U.S., it ain't exactly been dry and shiny out the last 2 or so weeks.
Pardon me if I dont like to spend my time out in the rain, after having to do so all week.
I dont work my a** off to pay rent so I can sit my happy a** outside all the time.

So please, by all means, spend your time as you prefer.
I imagine a good majority of you that have had something ignorant to say, dont spend half as much time as I do outdoors, or haven't spent a day in my dirt covered boots.

All b*tching aside, I do thank you all for atleast taking the time to troll ATS for someone to talk down too, with all this time you could be spending outdoors in the "real world".
With all your posts from ATS mobile and whatnot.
Haha.
edit on 24-4-2011 by cheddartoes because: Epic quote failure

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm all up for freedom.. until it stops me from playing video-games is what i'm reading here.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I'm all up for freedom.. until it stops me from playing video-games is what i'm reading here.

Then you haven't understood the entirety of my post.
I am all for freedom, I just feel that, in my own opinion, Anonymous went the wrong way about the attack.
I believe they could have went about it a different way.

That is, if there even was said attack.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Anonymous is just a fad and you can tell, even now, that their stock is decreasing.

The group attracts children, delinquents and other ne'er do wells who will do anything ''for teh lulz''.

They started their slide when they believed their own hype after the press coverage that they received, and started with some feeble attempts at ''hacktivism''.

All you need to know to realise just how impotent and ineffectual this collective is, was their toe-curling, cringe-making attempt at declaring cyber war on the US banks, the Federal Reserve and Ben Bernanke.

What happened to that campaign... ? LOL.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Really? You'd hack the # out of me? For what reason? I praised Anon for things they've done, yet I disagree with one thing and I deserved to be hacked? "Oh noes, he dont agree with everything Ive said, so Im going to attack him." And no sh*t we got real problems to solve, hence the little part I wrote at the bottom. Attacking Sony hasnt solved a problem one, ergo my suggestion.

Now that was drama! Oscar for you >>

I guess I interpreted your thread as lacking a certain perspective when weighed against everything else happening around us. This whole Anon/sony BS drama is getting old (for me) but it obviously means something for you. Best of luck to you!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drblair

Its like this, I figure I'd rather voice my opinion in hopes that it will change something, rather than sit back and just hope someone says it for me.
I'd like to apologize if I came off as rude, or uneducated.

new topics

top topics

join