It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the world's largest atom smasher detected the elusive 'God particle' ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That is the question but the answer seems to be as elusive as the God particle itself.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

There is a rumor going on about the particle being found. It is based on a leaked internal note from the Large Hadron Collider.

The controversial rumor is apparently based on a leaked internal note from physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a 17-mile-long particle accelerator near Geneva, Switzerland, reports Live Science.

The leaked note suggests that the LHC's ATLAS particle-detection experiment may have picked up a signature of the elusive Higgs.

The signal is consistent, in mass and other characteristics , with what the Higgs is expected to produce, according to the note.

"It is actually quite illegitimate and unscientific to talk publicly about internal collaboration material before it is approved. So this 'result' is not a result until the collaboration officially releases it," he said.

Heres to hoping this is real and just waiting official confirmation. Or that it is a new particle which is even more astonishing.

"So the signal may be evidence of some other particle , which in some sense would be even more interesting , or it could be the result of new physics beyond the Standard Model," he said.

edit on 4/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: trying to fix link

edit on 4/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Interesting find. Hopefully they will be able to fully figure it out and have an answer sometime before we all die.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
this has already been covered m8ty sorry

2nd

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
oops, searched did not find, Mods delete if that is the case.

I searched again, but still cant find it, can anyone link me to the ongoing thread please?
edit on 4/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
I searched again, but still cant find it, can anyone link me to the ongoing thread please?

Searched LHC higgs OR god particle and this showed up on the first page of the search results:

Breaking Scientific Breakthrough! Higgs Boson Particle Discovery Said to Have Leaked at the LHC!!!

That thread has a post saying it's a duplicate that refers to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
So maybe that's the original.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join