It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police accused of a cover-up after failing to identify two officers who abandoned blinded street att

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Police accused of a cover-up after failing to identify two officers who abandoned blinded street attack victim

www.da ilymail.co.uk

Police have been accused of a cover-up over two officers who allegedly drove off from a brutal assault saying: ‘It isn’t our shout.’

Insurance broker Peter Cox, 34, was left blind in one eye after he was knocked unconscious by a gang of youths. His jaw and nose were also broken as the thugs stamped on his head.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Warning: Above link has a gruesome picture of the victim after the attack

So not exactly Breaking as the case that is near two years old, however the cover up which it has spawned is a recent development.

This man was attacked and left blinded in one eye with severe facial injuries. Two police men drove up while he was being attended to by paramedics only to immediately drive off for no apparent reason. Five hours later another patrol car showed up and "responded' to the scene. Although there was only three cars patrolling the area that day Police claim that they can not determine who the officer(s) were that initially " came upon" the scene and left inexplicably neglecting to do their jobs in the process.

‘First they tried to claim the officers were from a different force and then they claimed there were no electronic trackers in the cars.’ claimed the victim Peter Cox

18 months and two investigations later and the police can still not determine which one of the two remaining patrol cars on duty left the scene.

Not to mention five people who were arrested in the case were released for "lack of evidence"

I do not know what to say about this except. Are you ______ kidding me?

Trowa

www.da ilymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Be very careful with threads like this, law enforcement is getting very edgy with their worsening reputations, corruption and abuses being pushed ahead of all of that greater good that they do.

When the law comes around, you are either a friendly, compliant, obedient citizen, or you are a disgusting criminal. There is no middle ground.

So which are YOU?

Hug a cop today... Be the change you want them to embrace... I dare ya.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'd hug a cop
As it is we still have a very professional and respected police here. Low crimerate and we have least police / population in the EU. The problem is that we have followed many many western trends. We've already given up our neutrality and I'm afraid cops turning into loathed and dangerous bunch might be next

edit on 24/4/2011 by PsykoOps because: argh typos

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Be very careful with threads like this, law enforcement is getting very edgy with their worsening reputations, corruption and abuses being pushed ahead of all of that greater good that they do.

When the law comes around, you are either a friendly, compliant, obedient citizen, or you are a disgusting criminal. There is no middle ground.

So which are YOU?

Well my father, step - father, and cousin are all cops so uh next time I see one of them I'll hug em extra tight for you my friend.

Look I know that there are good cops the number of good ones is more than the bad, however the latter group is growing and is not going to stop any time soon. It's sad that what was once the exception will imo become the norm unfortunately sooner than later as it seems to be happening at a rapid pace. Even more so its not that these cops abused their powers or were corrupt they flat out didn't do their jobs. So much for these ones in particular doing some greater good.

That is all

Trowa

P.S. Although I am a law abiding citizen now I have previously spent three years out of my thirty one on this earth in prison. So when they come knocking as you put it do you think someone with my record is going to be given a chance to comply? Just sayin'

edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton

P.S Although I am a law abiding citizen now I have previously spent three years all told in prison. So when they come knocking as you put it do you think someone with my record is going to be given a chance to comply?

In most circumstances, unless you have a badge, or you are a uniformed law enforcement officer then no, you will not have a chance to comply, you are always a potential threat no matter who you are or what you are doing.

As for my previous post, I think you've read through it and completely missed the finer points.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I guess i did. I mean what I shouldn't be posting these things? I should be nice and respectful to them (which I am) even though they are going to be the ones more than likely herding us all and shuffling us all of to our demise as the long arm of big brother (personal belief)? I mean please explain or feel free to u2u if you do not want to disclose it in a post. I am not trying to argue or come of as an ________ I'm just simply tying to gain full comprehension.

Thank you

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To dd content

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Well when you've done hugging then you could perhaps ask them a question for me. Why is it that 'good cops' don't stop their 'bad' comrades from braking the law? They either join in on the action or remain silent. That pretty much makes them accomplishes to their crimes.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Truth be told I try not to hug any of them however I've actually asked them this and I got the we look lout for our own answer. Brotherhood, loyalty, protecting the police image. I can ask again but they are all so _________ that I know this is the only answer I'll get. It makes sense though both fathers were in Nam and my cousin just bought the rhetoric.

Needless to say Easter dinner is going to be a hoot tomorrow. Its sad that I grew up thinking some of the smartest people I knew were these men only to have them make me realize that you can be very smart and very ______ stupid at the same time. Who would've thought?

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

the police were proberbly to busy to deal with this miniscual crime, they might of had reports of people filming in public, cycling on the pavement for 20 yards, or maybe reports of a public gathering of 15 people with signs protesting something on 'private' property. they need to protect the public from freedom, not waste time with that incident.

(sorry it is just the way it seems sometimes)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Does anyone have anymore information on this Peter Cox victim? Seems to me that there is something revolving around this person that made those cops not take action.

Shows that whoever these cops where that showed up first witnessing Peter Cox getting beaten, did not do anything, but acknowledged what was happening and than left....than an ambulance comes like 4 hours later??

Smells like these cops knew this Peter Cox guy somehow, and that is why they let him get trampled and beaten. Who knows.....just maybe those cops offered something to that group to do that beating specifically....ya know, like how lawyer's pay headhunters to beat the piss out of people for court/law/other...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

So which are YOU?

this has been going on for a long time now we are all more "connected" now, so more incidents are being recorded/reported.

back in the 70's in my hometown of Harlem bricks would mysteriously fall from the tops of tall buildings,
and even more mysteriously those bricks would often gravitate towards abusive cops heads, not much bullying back then.

the cops from this case were obviously suffering from donut depletion and needed to get their donut levels up, IMO

[ex
]When the law comes around, you are either a friendly, compliant, obedient citizen, or you are a disgusting criminal. There is no middle ground.

BS the local cops haven't bothered me in the last five years being able to "magically" disappear, avoid being handcuffed, and being able to pop said cuffs off at will, and after all was said and done my record is CLEAN
[ yes, no files!!!] really freaks them out
the last time they bothered me was over five years ago, 20 yes 20 cops just to drive lil ol me down to the station

passive/aggressive psychological attacks are the way to go

When the law comes around...

now see? that's your 1st error: not the Law, only agents thereof. [that's the 1st hook i sink in, by the way]

Psyche/Freak out a cop today... Be the mental disturbance you want them to embrace... I dare ya.

Trowa: as i understand it, there is no real legal obligation for police to protect and serve anybody , makes you wonder what they are really there for Hmmmm?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hug a cop and get battered, jailed and charged with assaulting an officer.

Sod them all.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Same here!

from my baby brother [RIP] the little... lecturing me on how to live my life!

when i'd point out to him a clear cut case of abuse of authority...

always some excuse/ justification/ twist it around to make it the victims fault or to make you look like a potential criminal.

i suspect it's part of their [perhaps not "official"] training

i'll star and flag now as this thread doesn't seem to be in danger of 404ing

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

First, lets get one thing straight. The police officers did not abandon the man alone on the sidewalk bleeding and hurt. The paramedics were treating the guy and the officers pulled up and then left.

A few things have to be answered before we can say the officers were derelict of their duty. Is it a police officer's job to tend to an injured person if the paramedics are already on the scene? No, that is why we have police and paramedics. Paramedics tend to injuries while police investigate crimes. If a police officer is the first to arrive to said injured person then yes they perform basic first aid until the paramedics arrive.

What was the state of the victim? Was he semi-consious? Was he unconscious? It does not say. Based on the injuries, I think it would be safe to say that he may not have been fully consious or he was being tended to by the medics so questioning him would have been futile at that moment.

Maybe someone provided a description of the persons resposible so they went to look for them in the immediate area? And then, after being treated and returned to a state where the crime can be further investigated, a police officer arrives at the hospital to write the report.

Who saw and heard the police arrive and say what they are quoted saying? The article leaves that to the reader's imagination which is a cornerstone of terrible journalism.

Were the police from a different jurisdiction who happened to be close by and though they would try to help look for the suspects? If so then they would not be able to write a report or take much part in the investigation of the crime so staying at the scene would not have done much good.

It sounds like the police identified someone and charged them but the case was later thrown out due to lack of evidence. Which, although made to appear so, is not the police officer's fault. The evidence in a case like this is the eyewitness testimony of the victim or witnesses. They are the ones responsible for making a positive identification of the suspects because the police werent there at the time of the assault.

So, before we start crying "the police are evil!" lets remember that the police did not cause the injuries to this man and could do nothing at the scene to help his condition.

Another instance of a small issue being blown way out of proportion by the many "police haters" of this website.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Very valid points my friend my only question is this then. If the cops did no wrong then why have they not come forward and explained themselves? I understand that there are unanswered questions. Why not clear them up? Why say nothing and furthermore how hard is it to figure out which one of two patrol cars did this?

If the cops want respect and to be treated a such, they should try doing the same.

Also as I stated before I am not cop hater/basher. I am a hater/basher of people who f over people period. Especially when its their job to aid them.

Respectfully

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Sorry i haven't mastered the art of Quoting multiple people in a single post yet.

Your last comment is very true. What are the here for? To protect and serve? I think a lot of us know the answer to this but in lieu of dragging this thread into a heated debate/argument I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions. Hopefully leaving the thread to question the matter at hand.

Respectfully

Trowa

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

I have not been able to find much about the Victim. He happens to have the same name as a Pet Shop Boys member so. lol I will be looking harder later on as I have to go to a family function so in the meantime any info that you or anyone else finds would be a welcome addition to this thread?

Thank you

Trowa

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There is a duty as a citizen to inform people of these abuses of power. By being educated in the misconduct and the methods of regular abuse of power on the part of the police, people can be better prepared to protect their rights in an encounter with them. That is certainly not going to help you in a situation like this where derelection of duty was manifest in the actions of the police, but in general, all activities of the government, particularily those of law enforcement deserve maximum transparency.

Perhaps these cops had iPhones. If so, we can certainly determine which one left the scene.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I totally had to repost my response. I see what you are saying I guess filming the truth or riding on some park grass is more important then trying to find a group of thugs who beat and blinded a man

Respectfully

Trowa

top topics

<<   2 >>

join