It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awe Inspiring Giant Ant Hill Excavated

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords...

Seriously, though. Amazing find!

If anyone wants to know what it would be like if the tables were turned, find a copy of Charles Stross's "Missile Gap" novella.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hate bugs but scientists doing this killed billions of ants and destroyed a wonder that most likely took years to build, in order to satisfy their curiosity.

Doesn't seem right. IMO

If you would bother doing just a bit of research you would have found out that it was an abandoned colony where they think the queen died, causing the demise of the colony.

As for the colony itself, truly amazing. There is still so much to be discovered and learned.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great show on the amazing ants...thanks for sharing. I must say, if they can balance a Budget and manage to spend only what they have coming in income then maybe between the Ants and Cockroaches we have found the next group we should send to Washington. They work all the time and are great at building infrastructure and keeping track on the "hill" as a whole. Does not mean they are incapable of having minds of thier own...I remember reading somewhere that sometimes colonies split apart...one group goes with one queen and the other stays behind...as for cruel humans...well as usual we have little respect for anything around us and someday it will bite us rather hard. I can remember as a kid flooding ant hills out in the backyard and watching them scurry like crazy to get away from the water....they would hang on to grass...rocks and my shoes and rightfully so sometimes my ankles....but the next day the ants had recovered by building a new mound or repairing the old one to new. i am sure they had to work hard but it looked as if they enjoyed it

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder. If humans can ravage an ant population for science. Imagine the same thing happens in a similar way to us humans at the hands of extraterrestrials. What if the great flood was caused by extraterrestrials for scientific purposes? Just saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
What if the great flood was caused by extraterrestrials for scientific purposes? Just saying.

heh, that made me think of this song

This was a triumph!
I'm making a note here:
"huge success!!"

It's hard to overstate
My satisfaction.

Aperture science:
We do what me must
Because we can.

For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying
Over every mistake.
You just keep on trying
Till you run out of cake.
And the science gets done.
And you make a neat gun
For the people who are
Still alive.

I'm not even angry...
I'm being so sincere right now-
Even though you broke my heart,
And killed me.

And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because
I was so happy for you!

Now, these points of data
Make a beautiful line.
And we're out of beta.
We're releasing on time!
So i'm glad i got burned-
Think of all the things we learned-
For the people who are
Still alive.

Go ahead and leave me...
I think i'd prefer to stay inside...
Maybe you'll find someone else
To help you?
Maybe black mesa?
That was a joke! haha!! fat chance!!

Anyway this cake is great!
It's so delicious and moist!

Look at me: still talking
When there's science to do!
When i look out there,
It makes me glad i'm not you.

I've experiments to run.
There is research to be done.
On the people who are
Still alive.
And believe me i am
Still alive.
I'm doing science and i'm
Still alive.
I feel fantastic and i'm
Still alive.
While you're dying i'll be
Still alive.
And when you're dead i will be
Still alive.

Still alive.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
Another example as to how amazing God truly is.

Yes he is an amazing God

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
I should hire them to build me a bunker

I thought the same thing when i saw the video! thanks for the post hotbread

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
posting to watch later.
But what I saw is awesome,. thanx OP for sharing

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No need to ask, "what if." Genesis 3. Man makes a choice for his education. Walk with God or walk on his own in toil. Man choose the apple of knowledge by toil instead of walking with God for education and development. In Genesis chapter 6, this choice caused the fallen beings that man aligned himself with to mess with the seeds of life. This corrupted the earth from head to toe. God sent the flood to wipe this clear and save the last of the seed. Noah and his family then came back through the seed of Abraham.

Enoch (Hermes/Thoth) locked the knowledge in the pyramids before the flood. Flood happens. Joseph deciphered. Moses was schooled in Egypt, then moved this knowledge to Israel. Israel represents the ultimate salvation from our first choice as we once again walk with God. The toil ends. We inherit the kingdom of God (The Universe) in our new bodies. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the universe because we are required to take the earth up there with us. It requires our old bodies back. The original bodies God designed for us.

Sources. Please don't call me names until you do your research. God loves you enough to leave it there for you to read. Give Him the benefit of the doubt.

Bible, Deuteronomy 4:19, Ephesians Ch. 1-3. Isaiah 19:19 (Pyramids mentioned)
Jasher Chapter 3
First Book of Enoch - Other two are forgeries
Corpus Hermeticum
Emerald Tablet
Maxims of PtahHotep (Joseph, Visier of the 5th Dynasty).

By the way. God designed those Ants and us too. It is design and engineering in perfected bio-mechanics.

I can't help but wonder. If humans can ravage an ant population for science. Imagine the same thing happens in a similar way to us humans at the hands of extraterrestrials. What if the great flood was caused by extraterrestrials for scientific purposes? Just saying.

edit on 24-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
Another example as to how amazing God truly is.

I believe the ants pray to Klaatu

or it could be this guy:

lol grat video funny to till he got to the killing part..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
EPIC!! Thx for sharing

your welcome MrXYZ thanks for your reply..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The drones who built those tunnels are just slaves, bring back slavery and im pretty sure we can build some amazing structures... although thats another moral story altogether...
It is the ultimate monachy, each part plays its part because it MUST, not because it wants to aide the colony but because it will be killed if it doesnt.

The human race Evolved out of this sort of behaviour. im pretty sure if we didnt we would have some pretty amazing looking pyramids

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords...

Seriously, though. Amazing find!

If anyone wants to know what it would be like if the tables were turned, find a copy of Charles Stross's "Missile Gap" novella.

thanks for your reply and the book sounds good i just might have to order it!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
how fantastic THANK YOU OP for this - I am so glad no ants were harmed during the making of this - & thanks to the person who posted the full FASCINATING documentary!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talvar

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hate bugs but scientists doing this killed billions of ants and destroyed a wonder that most likely took years to build, in order to satisfy their curiosity.

Doesn't seem right. IMO

If you would bother doing just a bit of research you would have found out that it was an abandoned colony where they think the queen died, causing the demise of the colony.

As for the colony itself, truly amazing. There is still so much to be discovered and learned.

I did say somewere in the thread she either left or died

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The slaves find the Emerald. Don't forget that the slaves have the keys to their own liberation.

Words of Joseph (PtahHotep) 5th Dyansty Egypt

"Be not arrogant because of that which you know; deal with the ignorant as with the learned; for the barriers of art are not closed, no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire. But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that that is discovered among the rocks of pegmatite."

Originally posted by bluwindRD
The drones who built those tunnels are just slaves, bring back slavery and im pretty sure we can build some amazing structures... although thats another moral story altogether...
It is the ultimate monachy, each part plays its part because it MUST, not because it wants to aide the colony but because it will be killed if it doesnt.

The human race Evolved out of this sort of behaviour. im pretty sure if we didnt we would have some pretty amazing looking pyramids

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
Great show on the amazing ants...thanks for sharing. I must say, if they can balance a Budget and manage to spend only what they have coming in income then maybe between the Ants and Cockroaches we have found the next group we should send to Washington. They work all the time and are great at building infrastructure and keeping track on the "hill" as a whole. Does not mean they are incapable of having minds of thier own...I remember reading somewhere that sometimes colonies split apart...one group goes with one queen and the other stays behind...as for cruel humans...well as usual we have little respect for anything around us and someday it will bite us rather hard. I can remember as a kid flooding ant hills out in the backyard and watching them scurry like crazy to get away from the water....they would hang on to grass...rocks and my shoes and rightfully so sometimes my ankles....but the next day the ants had recovered by building a new mound or repairing the old one to new. i am sure they had to work hard but it looked as if they enjoyed it

Im glad you enjoyed the video and you have some good points there
ants are hardwired to work i dont know if they enjoyed it but they do work till everything is repaired and back to normal..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

you have a good point there..lets hope extraterrestrials are peaceful..thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
posting to watch later.
But what I saw is awesome,. thanx OP for sharing

your welcome Lil Drummerboy thanks for replying

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
No need to ask, "what if." Genesis 3. Man makes a choice for his education. Walk with God or walk on his own in toil. Man choose the apple of knowledge by toil instead of walking with God for education and development. In Genesis chapter 6, this choice caused the fallen beings that man aligned himself with to mess with the seeds of life. This corrupted the earth from head to toe. God sent the flood to wipe this clear and save the last of the seed. Noah and his family then came back through the seed of Abraham.

Enoch (Hermes/Thoth) locked the knowledge in the pyramids before the flood. Flood happens. Joseph deciphered. Moses was schooled in Egypt, then moved this knowledge to Israel. Israel represents the ultimate salvation from our first choice as we once again walk with God. The toil ends. We inherit the kingdom of God (The Universe) in our new bodies. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the universe because we are required to take the earth up there with us. It requires our old bodies back. The original bodies God designed for us.

Sources. Please don't call me names until you do your research. God loves you enough to leave it there for you to read. Give Him the benefit of the doubt.

Bible, Deuteronomy 4:19, Ephesians Ch. 1-3. Isaiah 19:19 (Pyramids mentioned)
Jasher Chapter 3
First Book of Enoch - Other two are forgeries
Corpus Hermeticum
Emerald Tablet
Maxims of PtahHotep (Joseph, Visier of the 5th Dynasty).

By the way. God designed those Ants and us too. It is design and engineering in perfected bio-mechanics.

Thank you for your reply..but id like to keep it on topic

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join