It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando gas station charges $5.69 a gallon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That is crazy... even in Canada we are not paying that much... and here I'm paying 5.50$US/gallon... but here it's not just at one spot, it's everywhere.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Gas prices are on the rise nationwide, but one filling station in Florida has earned the dubious distinction of having the highest prices in the country.

Suncoast Energys, located near the Orlando International Airport, was charging $5.69 a gallon for regular gasoline on Friday. That's the highest of any gas retailer in the nation, according to price tracker gasbuddy.com.

By contrast, the average price in the city of Orlando is $3.78 a gallon, a few pennies below the state and national averages.

Patrick DeHann, senior analyst at gasbuddy.com, said many tourists use the station before returning rental cars on the way to the airport, without realizing how expensive the gas is until it's too late.

Those people running that gas station are freaking crooks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes it's high but surely the gas prices are posted. I mean who in the hell fills up with gas and doesn't even know the price they are paying. Those "poor tourists". Bah!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree they are crooks.

But if people are so oblivious to how much they are paying then they deserve to get ripped off.

If they payed attention then no one would buy gas there and the price would go down.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I just about bought gas at this station a few years ago. Thank god I did look at the price before pumping, although it is not clearly posted at the street. I warned a few others pumping gas but of course got the 'what are you talking about" stare.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

or genius..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The price of crude oil per barrel is dropping yet the price at the pumps keeps going up!
Us motorists are being shafted but nothing seems to be done! Here in Blighty we also have the ridiculous high tax's which equates to 80 pence in every pound spent at the pump going to the treasury...
"Ever heard that phrase, RIP OFF BRITAIN!?"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
One of my prof's doesn't use a car; has so much money left over to do awesome things with. I might go that route. Plus I'll be reducing pollution and not funding the war machine.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That is absurd. It's awful when we have come to a point where we pass a gas station and think "wow 3.40 a gallon....better turn around and fill up.....what a deal!" Absolutely unreal. On a side note on my way out to Lake Havasu yesterday I saw gas as high as 4.89 a gallon near the I-40 ramp. Truly sickening.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let's all do everything we can to get the price of gas back under $2. Contact you representives and demand the US increase oil production and stop giving Billions to other countrys to explore for oil.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The price of oil will continue to drop while the price at the pumps will continue to rise...Forget contacting your politicians to get the price reduced... The £2 a litre price tag is but a few months away unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is called "price gouging," and is illegal. The owners should be arrested and put in jail.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The owners should be arrested and put in jail.

Which owners do you mean?
edit on 23-4-2011 by IndieA because: quote

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The price of crude oil per barrel is dropping yet the price at the pumps keeps going up!
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

That's not true. Both the price of oil and the price of gas have been on the raise. I keep track with this site mostly.
www.oil-price.net...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That is crazy... even in Canada we are not paying that much... and here I'm paying 5.50$US/gallon... but here it's not just at one spot, it's everywhere.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Gas prices are on the rise nationwide, but one filling station in Florida has earned the dubious distinction of having the highest prices in the country.

Suncoast Energys, located near the Orlando International Airport, was charging $5.69 a gallon for regular gasoline on Friday. That's the highest of any gas retailer in the nation, according to price tracker gasbuddy.com.

By contrast, the average price in the city of Orlando is $3.78 a gallon, a few pennies below the state and national averages.

Patrick DeHann, senior analyst at gasbuddy.com, said many tourists use the station before returning rental cars on the way to the airport, without realizing how expensive the gas is until it's too late.

well here where I live a couple of years ago they all got fined for price gouging

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

reply to post by RufusDriftwood

That's not true. Both the price of oil and the price of gas have been on the raise. I keep track with this site mostly.
www.oil-price.net...

Okay, can you please why it says here that the price per barrel is falling due to the market being saturated. I'm no expert on this but I've read recently that the price of oil is falling yet the decrease Isn't getting through to the pumps!
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EarlyDurban

Actually $3.40 a gallon for fossil fuels that can power your automobile for 30 or 40 miles is quite a steal. Gas is ridiculously cheap for what it does.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here we are asking the government to intervene. How about this, regulate the market by not purchasing gasoline.

Stop asking someone else to do it for you.

new topics

top topics

join