It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYFY Channel....R.I.P. For me at least.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CthuluPrime

maybe you prefer the Lifetime made for Tv movies?!

Your talking about the MANHATER NETWORK?
You just made me vomit a little in my mouth......thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

And i'm honestly surprised, that there's even talk about a TV station here on ATS. Isn't ATS the forefront of the 'we don't like entertaining, we're serious all the time and live to learn'-crowd? So many times i've read so many messags here from so many people basically despising everything that is made to entertain because it's stupid and worthless in their eyes.
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I did start this thread in the OFF TOPIC television area.
There are alot of other threads to choose from.
I must have Hit a nerve that's all!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Any movie made by sci fi now I avoid they are just terrble, and seem to be getting worse. If they consolidated those budgets they could make some great shows or even better films.

I dont mind destination truth, however fact or faked is getting on my nerves. The reason is

ALL THE REACTIONS ARE CONTRIVED!!

They see a video, any thing, even if its clearly fake. They react in shock like its scary and amazing, then they all agree its fake and move onto the next video. The reactions are so fake and contrived its driving me nuts. DT has a semi gritty/adventurous theme where as this is just some fake reactions it feels

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well I work on these films and I only watch them for that reason. Not even all the way through mind you. It's a check and we have a lot of fun, and believe it or not, we are all real professionals. They just don't have a very big budget and shoot quick and do ALOT of post effects. I, along with many others, work on other films such as the Twighlight series, Battle LA, The Green Hornet etc, etc...
reply to post by wirefly

Hey!....Good to hear from you.

I don't think we're questioning your talant or your fellow employee's for that matter. You do the best you can do on a low budget and a bad script. Even the script writer suffers from a low budget.
The one's we blame are the money counters.
Don't they see beyond the show and it's airing?
If it's really good...It well sell for years. The quick buck is the problem.
I just think we're upset with the direction that TPTB have taken the Sci Fi channel in.
The Sci Fi channel was "to some of us" that one place where we could go to get away from the doldrums of everyday programming.
And now it's like watching a good friend of yours developing a crack habit and there's nothing you can do to help him.
Is there a suggestion box where you work?
Maybe you could print this thread out and secretly jam it in it. LOL
I don't hate the player....just the game.
Good luck to you and your friends!

I know a check's a check but I think a 'Coup De Taut" is in order here?
Be the Hero you we're meant to be!
Paint your face's like "William Wallace in Braveheart" and march to TPTB offices scream for their attention...then moon them!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've been watching Roadkill tonight. Decent movie for SyFy. A couple of pretty creepy scenes. My wife who hates SyFy originals even is watching it. Well except for when we lose the signal because of the bad weather.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Personally, I think the B movies are kind of funny. (and it's fun seeing gals like Debbie Gibson and Tiffany again, even if in bad acting sequences)...

But, yeah, most of the programming has gone downhill, and wrestling? WTF?

I still can't wait to see more Warehouse 13 and similar shows though. That is why SyFy needs more of...series, especially those that do well, but the networks toss off...

SyFy should put more effort into picking up things like HappyTown, etc. as they get cancelled. (kind of like they did with Merlin).

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I LOVE Stargate Universe

But just heard they are going to shut it down and only make the two more episodes in season 2

They got to make a new Startrek series, I liked the last one Star trek Enterprise.. they could build on that.

We need some good new space sci-fi.. and DONT make it a comic !

BTW... Could anyone give SYFY a link to this thread.. they could learn ALOT by reading this
edit on 26-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure what all has been said in this thread, but Syfy does have one show I am interested in, it's called "Alphas" and it premieres in June. It's a superhero show similar to "Heroes" written by one of the screenwriters of the "X-Men" movies. I think it will be worth giving a chance.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't normally watch cable or the shows. In the past yrs I've seen the "Sci-Fi' Channel" heading toward what you're describing. Recently I've scanned through the channel and found I no longer care for it. I also think the hipster spelling doesn't help the fact that they are lacking in good content.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What I’m about to say is just me. I fully support and advocate everyone loving and watching what they want to, so please don't take what I’m about to say as an attempt at invalidating anyone's personal tastes. But for me, personally, this is my perception of the majority of television programming (not all, but the majority,) whether on network or cable, available today.

• Reality TV shows.
  • What I like to call "soap operas in disguise." These are shows that purport to be dramas, high concept shows, or sitcoms, but are shot, acted, and written like soap operas. You find yourself watching for the concept or theme they purport to be based on, but end up scratching your head when episodes don't go anywhere, plots are all over the map, characterization contradicts itself, and "arcs" don't build to anything down the road, instead leading to dead ends or being token gimmicks designed to make the show seem interesting for one more week. You can usually identify these shows by their, "previously on _____________" intros, wherein they don't just show what happened last episode, but random snipets from episodes throughout the entire season, or even the previous seasons, in an effort to bring the audience whose intelligence they seem to be insulting up to speed.
  • Talent shows.
  • Gossip/tabloid news shows.
  • A hand full of well writen, well directed, well acted shows, well produced shows that don't offer action or something else exciting RIGHT THIS SECOND in every episide, or actually ask an audience to get to know the characters as they progress through carefully crafted arcs, or require the audience to think. These shows get canceled because audiences, apparently, can't be bothered, and networks move their time slots and days around and air their episodes out of order.

Again, this is only my opinion. But this is largely why I rarely if ever find myself actually watching television loyaly anymore.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join