It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura is making a joke of the truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Tell me people, if the truth is being displayed in a nationally syndicated show with many millions following and agreeing, then why is nothing being done about it? I can give you one reason. Shows like JEsse's CT make the whole thing look like a joke led by paranoid fanatics. It's a 3 ring circus. Everytime Jesse goes "predator" on someone, it is a slap in the face of the truth. Just calling it conspiracy theory automatically discredits it since the term is synonymous with joke. DO you think that TPTB would allow that show to even air if they felt it would devalue what they are doing? It only helps promote the desensitization that will make us gloss over the issues.

and that silly, useless little letter does not change or fix a thing. Jesse has made a career out of conspiracy theories because it is profitable. The millions in his bank account from the show and the mansion he lives in does not fix any of our ills. But it does keep us quiet and complacent because Finally! Someone is doing something. SO now we don't have to. Baaaaaa!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When surveyed huge swaths of the demographic get their news from Jon Stewart
a comic...

the truth is the truth

Unlike the establishment types like Rush Limpbaugh the heroin guy, who has 40 million dollar contract
truthers generally have to make their own breaks and pay their own bills...

ie work for a living.

Blaming one of the people who has the most success at getting the news out to the brain washed masses
is....constructive how?

edit on 22-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Your info about rush is very inaccurate by the way.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Your op is certainly a valid observation. However your conclusion I believe is open to discussion. Jesse is free to talk on MSM because he is a name. Tptb allow it as you suggest because it makes conspiracy look like the realm of fools. Another possibility is that he is allowed to speak because his speech will instigate more dissent which they hope will tear the social fabric more quickly. Either way I see no productive value in it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

This has nothing to do with blame. Think about it. How many of us watch that show and then sit back and think, yay, now I don't have to do anything because someone else is? This is tactical. Yes, having the truth is great, but has it led to any uprisings? Has any great change happened because of it? Is it because before we start getting serious in our heads about it we hear "and now watch the governer go predator on...". So we have the truth, but we look like jacka$$es if we take it seriously. That is the point.
edit on 22-4-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I agree with everything you said! So now, how do we do this differently so that it sticks?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think Jesse knows the risks. The show seems kinda fake at times but, facts are facts.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think we should reach the children first. They are the ones who will change things. They could sue the adults for destroying their planet if they wanted to.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Because this guy cares about the issues:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunqueen30
Tell me people, if the truth is being displayed in a nationally syndicated show with many millions following and agreeing, then why is nothing being done about it? I can give you one reason. Shows like JEsse's CT make the whole thing look like a joke led by paranoid fanatics. It's a 3 ring circus. Everytime Jesse goes "predator" on someone, it is a slap in the face of the truth. Just calling it conspiracy theory automatically discredits it since the term is synonymous with joke. DO you think that TPTB would allow that show to even air if they felt it would devalue what they are doing? It only helps promote the desensitization that will make us gloss over the issues.

and that silly, useless little letter does not change or fix a thing. Jesse has made a career out of conspiracy theories because it is profitable. The millions in his bank account from the show and the mansion he lives in does not fix any of our ills. But it does keep us quiet and complacent because Finally! Someone is doing something. SO now we don't have to. Baaaaaa!

I agree with you for the most part but if you believe Jesse has ignited the fire, then YOU the people have join in and do something to keep that fire going. You can't wait for a hero to ride his coattails all the time.

The show overall is ineffective. I've noted there were many conspiracy shows (good ones without the gimmicks) in the 80s' and early 90s' but look what happened: nothing. People gasp and are shocked. The world moves on.

What we should want is a critical thinking population wary of its government and if push, then the people should shove back but it won't because people are apathetic and desensitized and powerless. No, we aren't sheep or any other of those divisive labels you guys tend to use. We have simply gotten lazy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

then why is nothing being done about it?

Because people are detached from their environment and their brethren.

The average person only 'feels bad' for someone in pain.

Society is read-only.

It is not Ventura's fault that people are clued to the TV and afraid to act.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Nor am I blaming Ventura for our lack of action. It seems like people don't bother reading all of it and analyzing it before they start poo pooing or nay saying. In a society where we all can't wait to put in our two cents, does it always have to be in opposition?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura form a ticket in 2012 I will quit my job on the spot and volunteer for their campaign, if they would have me. Would probably lose my career for nothing, but at least I'd be able to sleep at night. I'd hope a lot of similarly enlightened Patriots would do the same.

edit on 22-4-2011 by dontdrinkthewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

Seriously? This thread is full of it.
In my view Jessie and the show he's doing is there to open up people's mind to some of the alternative stories, it makes people "THINK". I believe it aims more towards the sheeples of America and believe me, they are EVERYWHERE! It may seem like a effin joke to you but the fact of the matter is, he is presenting some pretty good informations out there to the public to which most of them know nothing about (including written books).
What are YOU doing about it?

To try creating a misconception of Jessie by posting a pathetic picture of him back when he was a wrestler, how disgusting.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I think we should reach the children first. They are the ones who will change things. They could sue the adults for destroying their planet if they wanted to.

Yes....lets teach the kids....that takes the responsability for fixing this mess from the ones that created it......us.

Heck after its not OUR future we have destroyed.....its theirs....let them worry about it

That was sarcasam for the ummmmmmmmmmmm.........challenged

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by innocenttdreams

I see, so there is no truth to any of this? Or to the fact that Jesse has been a fame whore for a very long time looking for a way to make a buck off the american people even if he is playing a part in dumbing us down. Hmmmkay. And I think he has done a great job in discrediting himself.

I'm sorry he's your hero. Very sorry indeed.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I feel very strongly about this topic and will not back down just because a few angry people don't know how to make a statement without sarcasm or information. To those of you that get it, it's terrifying, isn't it. The agenda of the powers that be and how we drink it up, defend it, and make it our mantra.

To those of you that don't. It is my personal wish for you to wake up, shut your tv off, and walk outside, speak with people, and truly understand that the world you see on tv is the world you are allowed to see by your masters. We get our facts from movies and tv shows. You think that was not by design? Too sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by innocenttdreams

Seriously? This thread is full of it.
In my view Jessie and the show he's doing is there to open up people's mind to some of the alternative stories, it makes people "THINK". I believe it aims more towards the sheeples of America and believe me, they are EVERYWHERE! It may seem like a effin joke to you but the fact of the matter is, he is presenting some pretty good informations out there to the public to which most of them know nothing about (including written books).
What are YOU doing about it?

To try creating a misconception of Jessie by posting a pathetic picture of him back when he was a wrestler, how disgusting.

What am I doing? I work with the mentally ill. The people everyone ignores on the streets because they stink or talk to themselves. I get to try to help with the insurmountible task of cleaning up the byproduct of our wonderful values. What are you doing?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I think there is some truth to what you say, but I also think you're missing the point. Just like this website, most of the "truth" is paranoid delusion masquerading as "conspiracy theories". When it comes to truth in politics and government, however, Ventura is about as close as we can expect to get in terms of a revolutionary candidate. Plus his past fame gives him a good chance to stay alive. For that reason I don't care what the guy does in his spare time to make a buck.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater

I think there is some truth to what you say, but I also think you're missing the point. Just like this website, most of the "truth" is paranoid delusion masquerading as "conspiracy theories". When it comes to truth in politics and government, however, Ventura is about as close as we can expect to get in terms of a revolutionary candidate. Plus his past fame gives him a good chance to stay alive. For that reason I don't care what the guy does in his spare time to make a buck.

This is how we have an educated discussion of opposing views people. With respect for the information given. And a logical explanation of our own views. That star is from me. I am so open to opposing views. I am willing to even admit I am wrong if I see enough damning evidence. But a bully will never convince me otherwise.

I do see what you are saying. Truth is relevant no matter how we get it. But I think that the historical actions of the figures relaying it determine how we digest it. Here is a former wrestler and fake ex navy seal who is telling america about the ills of our government and country. Do you think that educated people will think this is a credible informant? A person's character means all in how information is percieved. And look at what happened when we got an actor as president.
edit on 23-4-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join