It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura is making a joke of the truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
the reason nothing is being done is because we all want to see the next episode.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the reason nothing is being done is because we all want to see the next episode.

My favorite response of all, lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i think what he does has its pros and cons. yes he is getting info out there to those who would otherwise never heard it before. When he gets on national television and goes on all these tv shows he does make points and question what we have been told to believe as true. On the other hand he is banking off of it and you have to ask yourself if he would have done it all if the money wasnt as good as it was for him. If he truly believed in seeking the truth he would have done it whether he got a big chunk of change or not.

If Jesse wanted the truth out there trust me with who he is he could have done it without an offer for a tv show, or writing a book, or going on pierce morgan ect. He could have done it via internet for free or getting the info out there the way "non celebrities" do. Those who dedicate getting their beliefs and opinions heard the good old fasion way are really the ones who have the passion and dedicaion to make other people realize that "hey if they put all this effort into getting their voice heard with out a rewardig paycheck, just the gratification that comes with getting the truth out there, they just may be onto something."

That is one very important quality that Jesse is missing and that is a major cause in people questioning the sincerity of what he does. Granted he does get the info out there, people just arent going to take him too seriously enough to actually believe in his causes and try and do anything about it, because why would someone change ther views and beliefs if the person trying to change their mind seems as if they arent that into either? He needs to stop being so hypcritical and get with it or get gone!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Originally posted by sunqueen30
Tell me people, if the truth is being displayed in a nationally syndicated show with many millions following and agreeing, then why is nothing being done about it? I can give you one reason. Shows like JEsse's CT make the whole thing look like a joke led by paranoid fanatics. It's a 3 ring circus. Everytime Jesse goes "predator" on someone, it is a slap in the face of the truth. Just calling it conspiracy theory automatically discredits it since the term is synonymous with joke. DO you think that TPTB would allow that show to even air if they felt it would devalue what they are doing? It only helps promote the desensitization that will make us gloss over the issues.

and that silly, useless little letter does not change or fix a thing. Jesse has made a career out of conspiracy theories because it is profitable. The millions in his bank account from the show and the mansion he lives in does not fix any of our ills. But it does keep us quiet and complacent because Finally! Someone is doing something. SO now we don't have to. Baaaaaa!

I agree with you for the most part but if you believe Jesse has ignited the fire, then YOU the people have join in and do something to keep that fire going. You can't wait for a hero to ride his coattails all the time.

The show overall is ineffective. I've noted there were many conspiracy shows (good ones without the gimmicks) in the 80s' and early 90s' but look what happened: nothing. People gasp and are shocked. The world moves on.

What we should want is a critical thinking population wary of its government and if push, then the people should shove back but it won't because people are apathetic and desensitized and powerless. No, we aren't sheep or any other of those divisive labels you guys tend to use. We have simply gotten lazy.

Well said. I always thought that our classes should outline all of our historical events and then ask the students what they would do differently. Rather than just memorize "facts" and events. Critical thinking is only applied to fictional stories in school. Ever notice that?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

You are as smart as you are pretty! I agree with everthing you said. Just because I feel JV is a fraud, doesn't mean I don't see the value in getting the truth out there. I just think the truth would be better served if it wasn't an ex wrestler making a large buck off it and us.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
thank you much! and they say you cant have brains and beauty

but yeah he pretty much realized he was becoming a washed up has been and decided to make a few bucks by jumping on the bandwagon and picking something to represent without actually whole-heartedly believing in it.
edit on 23-4-2011 by danamae23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You should have heard Jesse on Howard Stern's show his last visit, Howard straight up asked if he believed everything on his show. He said and I quote "Oh Howard, it's entertainment, they give me a script, we film, I get paid, it is what it is", he's not some truth seeker, they know people love conspiracy theory stuff, hell it's all History Channel does nowdays is reality shows and Aliens

But yea, go download Jesse's last visit on Howard Stern to see what Jesse really believes, there is one thing he said he believed and it was to get the hell out of the United States, is why he lives in Mexico now. He hates the country that it's turned into and he took off while the getting was good he said.

In some ways, I don't blame him.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
You should have heard Jesse on Howard Stern's show his last visit, Howard straight up asked if he believed everything on his show. He said and I quote "Oh Howard, it's entertainment, they give me a script, we film, I get paid, it is what it is", he's not some truth seeker, they know people love conspiracy theory stuff, hell it's all History Channel does nowdays is reality shows and Aliens

But yea, go download Jesse's last visit on Howard Stern to see what Jesse really believes, there is one thing he said he believed and it was to get the hell out of the United States, is why he lives in Mexico now. He hates the country that it's turned into and he took off while the getting was good he said.

In some ways, I don't blame him.

THANK YOU!!! and I will look it up and post it here. I knew he was a fake, I just didn't know he admitted to it himself. How do you like your leader now? I mean the agressive comments on this board defending this hack worry me in regards to the decaying state of public opinion. Like I say, look at a man's previous causes and you will usually find his current interests.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

ha what a joke! yeah making money is making money, i understand that. But the thing that gets me is the people that actually are trying to get the truth out there get totally overlooked and are deemed as unpatriotic and just another conspiracy theorist. He is out there making a mockery of those who believe by going around preaching about getting the truth, then once the checks are cashed going out and openly admitting it was for the money. He says he cant stand politicians and what our government has become, all the while he is just like them. What a phony.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

Don't get so defensive. If you don't want discussion, don't post questions.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
here is some information I have been keeping to myself. and yes - I will still vote for Jesse for any office Jesse wants and guess what my family poll is 22 for 2 against (immediate family) and all three legs are in my family reps - dems - indies...

anyway - back to what you shouldn't think about... both Jesse and Arnold became stars about the same time - both have been governors - one is American the other Nazi...

I see a wresling match for the Presidency

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

scuze me for estimating conservatively
400 million
Rush Limbaugh's $400 million contract:
www.bloggingstocks.com...

and good on ya for referencing your comment

now my POINT IS ! 10 TIMES MOR$ VALID
thanks
edit on 23-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They allow it because the show is called Conspiracy Theory. It's not called The Truth.

They want to ensure that all this truth that does appear on the show is broadcasted as a loopy conspiracy nut thing.

Step 1: Brainwash masses to think questioning everything makes you a conspiracy nut.
Step 2: Calm and appease said questioning minds by showing the truth on a show for now branded "nuts."
Step 3: Profit

So essentially what they've done is create a Professional Sports effect on free minded people.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by TerryMcGuire
I agree with everything you said! So now, how do we do this differently so that it sticks?

How can WE do anything when WE don't even agree on who WE are let alone who THEY are.
TPTB is a label.
For what, Reptilians? Then we round up everyone who makes $500,000 a year and toss them and their children in cages and throw tomatoes at them when we visit the zoo. So we get some real humans in the round up. So what? They were probably collaborators anyway. This isn't going to happen.

To my mind tptb are humans who, like all of us, are an outgrowth of the natural development of the spectrum of human potential. They, and we, are the inheritors of the leader/follower relationship which has morphed from the tribal "big man" concept to what we see, or in so many cases don't see, today.

I don't think there really IS anything to do. Our species is so wound up in lies and egos and illusions that three people in the same house, walking through the same doorway at the same time end up in three different rooms with two other people from two entirely different places.

Look at us here. Sure we find similar minds and similar reference points in the forum groupings, but then find the same member way over there in another forum espousing a point which we would not have though they could hold from our earlier impressions of them.

At this point in my life Sun, I see that there is no earthly way out of this house and what we have available to us is to be as fully with our families and friends as we can and to invite conversation with as many who want to share as we can find.

Oops. What's that I hear outside? Sounds like the swinging of the wrecking ball. If we can't figure out what to do now, maybe we can garner some ideas on how to rebuild.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are you going to start a new thread everyday slamming Jesse Ventura?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm starting to agree with you OP especially after Piers Morgan made Jesse look like an idiot and a FOOL!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I watched that ... and your description does not match reality. Jesse said at the end of the interview - I know why they choose you - your good at pushing buttons.... so it was a setup that didn't work and your claiming he is a fool... he is your next vice president and or president - he can have any office he wishes - and hell we need Jesse to Intemidate the government back to normal and balanced.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunqueen30

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater

I think there is some truth to what you say, but I also think you're missing the point. Just like this website, most of the "truth" is paranoid delusion masquerading as "conspiracy theories". When it comes to truth in politics and government, however, Ventura is about as close as we can expect to get in terms of a revolutionary candidate. Plus his past fame gives him a good chance to stay alive. For that reason I don't care what the guy does in his spare time to make a buck.

This is how we have an educated discussion of opposing views people. With respect for the information given. And a logical explanation of our own views. That star is from me. I am so open to opposing views. I am willing to even admit I am wrong if I see enough damning evidence. But a bully will never convince me otherwise.

I do see what you are saying. Truth is relevant no matter how we get it. But I think that the historical actions of the figures relaying it determine how we digest it. Here is a former wrestler and fake ex navy seal who is telling america about the ills of our government and country. Do you think that educated people will think this is a credible informant? A person's character means all in how information is percieved. And look at what happened when we got an actor as president.
edit on 23-4-2011 by sunqueen30 because: (no reason given)

Did you read his book? It was pretty well written (granted he had help) and he gave source material, a lot better than some other 'conspiracy books' out there.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by BLKMJK

I watched that ... and your description does not match reality. Jesse said at the end of the interview - I know why they choose you - your good at pushing buttons.... so it was a setup that didn't work and your claiming he is a fool... he is your next vice president and or president - he can have any office he wishes - and hell we need Jesse to Intemidate the government back to normal and balanced.

My description indeed does match reality. Jesse was tongue and befuddled with an obvious lack of confidence in what he was proclaiming. Pierce owned him unfortunately and there is no doubt you would agree if you were not biased in your obvious admiration for Jesse.

There is no way you believe Jesse is going to be President and furthermore if he had any power to intimidate the government he would have already befell an "accident" or "illness".

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is defending agaisnt the media talk heads what you expected? So i guess Jesse Ventura doesn't have a right to defend himself?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join