It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS newbie seeks answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi everyone, i've been browsing ATS on and off for a while as my interest in the hidden truths about our world gathered momentum and waned over time. I first became interested in "alternative" information a couple of years ago when I started researching about 2012 and the various theories about what is going to happen. I have my own theories which I am working on and will be hopefully posting something soon.

I am not religious in any way, although I am very interested in the history of religious ideas, as I think they can provide clues into how the human race existed and what their beliefs and consciousness were like before the accepted mainstream version of religion, which seems to think that Christianity is the "ultimate truth" of some kind, forgetting that religions such as Zoroastranism (sp?) preceded it by quite a while. Anyway, thats a work in progress of mine.

I'm also interested in discovering who is really running the show and who TPTB really are. I work with a couple of guys who are convinced that the illuminati are behind everything, and I have taken their ideas into consideration, but I dont think its a simple as that and i think it isn't useful to boil all conspiracies down to one "group". Again, I am doing my own research and will hopefully post a thread about it soon.

In terms of my everyday life, I live in London UK and have been for a while, but I am planning to leave my job and go on a cycling tour of the UK for 2 to 3 months this summer. Nothing but a bike, tent, sleeping bag and some supplies. I think its important in these confusing times to make an effort to get back to nature and the world around us and detach ourselves from all the technology that we rely so heavily on. Will probably make a post extending these ideas as well.

So thats about it from me at the moment, I finally joined ATS so that I could develop my opinions about what is really going on more concretely and I hope to instigate some discussion with like minded people.

Cheers

PS

I've had a look through the introductory threads but I was wondering if there was a way of getting notified when someone replies to one of your posts? Ive looked through all the settings but cant seem to find anything. Dont really have the time to trawl through pages of different threads to find out.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by corporaldoom

Hi corporaldoom, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hello and welcome fellow ATS Newbie! I wish you luck in your endeavors here on ATS. I'll be seeing you around the forums.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

When someone replies to your post, you will get a message under your messages section (on the ribbon at the bottom of the page or at the top under Tools and over to messages). Look under the Replies and there you will see any and all replies to your posts.

Welcome. I hope you find what you're looking for, and perhaps make a few friends in the meantime!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyPhilistinism

Well hello!!!! I've always wondered the same thing to see real time post to your thread. I think it would be an excellent way to research other threads and still be able to keep up with the chatter on your own threads

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You sound like me when I first separated from the US Army. Welcome hopefully you will bring something new and desirable to the table.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Awesome thanks for that. Ive spent so long looking at the nonmember version of the site its taking me a while to get used to the members side of things. I knew it was something simple like that.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS!

You will have a great time here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

Adam? Is that you? lol.

top topics

join