It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Love? Sharing Your Thoughts on What Love IS--->

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
True love makes you surrender and gives you access to higher states of consciousness.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

if u surrender then u r not anymore, what u mean to receive from god promises to u is personnal between u and him, god is not even conscious high to give u some from

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To me, love is quite simply the ability to feel. No, not tactile-sensation, for me it's a feeling in the chest. An all encompassing emotion which contains all others. It has no opposite. It's either full-on, full-off, or something in between. Like gravity, it has no duality.

I don't agree with the love/fear duality relationship that is often spread around. Fear is Hope's opposite which better describes the anticipation of a feeling rather than the feeling itself.

After years of having my emotions shut off, or as I like to say "my heart was dialed down", I figured out how to feel again and the experience reminded me of being "in love". However, as I had triggered this feeling through the result of various realizations and in complete loneliness (or oneness), there was no romantic component involved. The constant reinforcement in media that love = romance bugs the hell outta me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Love is Being Present.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

love is evol.
Just joking... Or am I.

OK is this a trick question bro? Sounds like a trick question to me.

I would say love is all of the above and then some, really what more can be said on it that has not been said before. Umm OK, OK, Love is a four letter word that we use to describe all the crazy things we do, and to give meaning and reason to them. And judging by all the crazy things going around, there sure is bound to be a lot of love coming around.
So again what is love but a manifold particular and peculiar definition always in the constant process of being defined and redefined, an experience I suppose.

Or to put it more succinctly Love is like an old scab which you cant but help pick at.

Or I suppose now a days, at least for me this quote below seems to be closest to what I think the whole Love phenomena is... Love is a temporary and fleeting madness.
And all that is transitory is but a symbol, or so I hear tell.

“Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.”

...Louis de Bernières

edit on 10-5-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join