It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Love? Sharing Your Thoughts on What Love IS--->

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Love is riding my electric bike that goes 30 miles per hour with a range of 20 miles that replaced my car and my reliance on gas and oil.

Love is smoking my electric cigarette, getting all my nicotine which is harmless and getting none of the 4000 harmful chemicals and the 69 known cancer causing agents that replaced my Marlboro Reds.

Love is both these things together costing me under 700 bucks.

Love is saying F. U. to the Government, the Oil Companies the Tobacco Industries while I ride my electric bike and smoke my e-cig and Flip those suckers off!

That's FREEDOM and Freedom is LOVE.

( go ahead - star my post - you know you want to :-)
edit on 23-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Love is subjective, just like everything else in the world.

One persons love, is another persons nightmare.

Love can be many things, but it is not something we can describe in words, since they are awkward and limiting

Best thing to do is show someone you love them by actions.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

What is love but the first time you look upon your newborn's face, into their eyes, straight from heaven? That is love, pure love.

Only a loveable parent would suggest that
and only a loveable parent would know what it feels like.

Wal

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

That is love, and only love, where it begins and where it ends, with your child. What is love but the love for a child? The beginning and the end...Love.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

When I read your title I thought of the song and was going to post it on here, buuuut of course you beat me to it lol, anyways nice little list here, i'll add some of my own when I have more time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Love, in the beginning of the thread there's the biblequote about what love is. It says it all. The features of love. Love makes people feel well and is an active force. Love is never passive. Love isn't in the head.

What's in the head about love should be out of it. Love isn't a thought. Love has no boundaries.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Love is, my spiritual father
Eases the pain, so I laugh harder

Love is, an intense frequency
Something that I lack innately

Love is, the antidote to fear
The answer to the coming years

Love is, the source of spirit
I just wish more could be it

Love is, food for the soul
To find and emanate IS the goal

I made a contract while with SELF
But I forgot and need your help

False teachings have buried my heart
NOW is the time for a new start

I want to exist in unconditional Love
Lets help each other and join those above

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Love is everything. You call it love but do you actually how it really works or what makes you call it love. It is actually energy and vibration. What kind of energy and vibration makes a male and a female attract each other in what you call in love with each other. We thought of posting the explanation of how what you call love really works sometime ago,but on second thoughts we realise that it may cause much suffering to those who cannot understand the truth. It is best for all to keep their understanding of what and how love works so that they are all happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
LOVE is giving Hope to the Hopeless.
LOVE is giving Faith to the Faithless.
LOVE is Housing the Homeless.
LOVE is feeding the hungry and quenching to those who thirst.
LOVE is raising the dead and giving them a new life.
LOVE is Liberating the Oppressed, finding worth in the worthless, accepting that which others reject, sharing with those who are ostracised, healing the sick, comforting the mourning, filling with spirit the poor in spirit.
LOVE fills up all those who suffer for righteousness!

Love is overcoming ALL division.

Love is the whole.

May it fill you up.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Love is IMHO a condition ..

Love is unforgiving. ( it cannot forgive because by its true nature does not have two sides of the coin ) ..it cannot forgive..nor give.

Love does not see fault..nor does it see blame..Love does not see evil ( If you want to interject ).

Love does nothing but be what it is..It is unchanged .. it is non-defined ..It is just as it is. It does not move..it does not change..it does not war (change) against itself ..

Love is and has always been here ..

There is no measurement .. there is no "timeframe" .. there is only you ..

There is no right but what has been given ..there is No change that You can do..You cannot add or subtract the things that have already been Done.

If your so inclined then please help my soul beyond that has not already been given to me.

JG.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Love solves problems and is able to bind people. Love is secure. Love is magnetic. Love sets free, love can be surpressed. Love has no flaws. What am I saying?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Love became an illness.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Whatever love is...

..Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Love is subjective, just like everything else in the world.

One persons love, is another persons nightmare.

Love can be many things, but it is not something we can describe in words, since they are awkward and limiting

Best thing to do is show someone you love them by actions.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

I agree with this.

Whoever said this is a genius.
edit on 24-4-2011 by cetta because: Because I can't just have "I agree with this" in the post.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bump.

Love is living from the heart, careful not to harm anyone, and willing to roll up ones sleeves and help do what we can for others.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Love is blind~

Shakespeare.

One of my favorite quotes...it is true. Love IS blind. When you love someone you are blinded by it, god knows I was.

Love is amazing and indescribable to me. When you love someone to me you love all of them, faults and all. That can go for a spouse, friend, family member or loved one.

Love is different for each person that is what makes it special to me. You can love more than one person but that love will be diffferent for each..

Love is wonderful....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Love is consciousness utilizing consciousness (the energy of creation) to create, to expand and explore itself. It is consciousness's intention to create. Intention is the key. Namaste. P.S. ET MAN YOU ROCK!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed87dad7499a.jpeg[/atsimg]

While I am not Christian, this was read at my wedding 37 years ago.................and we are still married.

I'm not the easiest woman to get a long with. He is my better half, quiet, gentle, very intellegent, a real man among men.

I pray I go before him because I don't want to live without him. He is my rock, my lover, my best friend.

We have been through more together (three sons 1 ADHD and two autistic) than most people could ever imagine or go through.

He has always stood by me.

I was orphaned at 9 and from 9 to 20 went through sort of like a Oliver Twist type life. A survivor of sexual, physical and mental abuse until I met my soul mate 38 years ago.

He is nine years older than me, I only wish I could give him 9-10 of my years to ensure I never have to spend a day on this cold, hard, cruel rock without him by my side.

Love is loving someone else more than yourself.

We didn't have a fancy wedding, we were married in a one bedroom apartment (it rained the day we were to be married in a park).

We had a sheet cake from Jewel's

His family came and left all within our ten minute ceremony.

I always dreamed of a wedding like Princess Diana, her dress was the kind I would have picked out. But if I had to trade her life for mine, all the riches, the beautiful jewelry, the clothes (and to my mind this lady had real classy taste) I wouldn't.

I'm a romantic at heart and my favorite movie on love is "Happily Ever After" with Drew Barrymore.

As hard of a life as I have had and I am nearing 60, I wouldn't trade a single day with any of the rest of you, Princesses included.

I married my Prince Charming...................there is such a thing as true, everlasting love.

The first night we met, after he walked me back to my apartment I vowed I would do anything to be with him.........I knew we had been together before many times.

My grand daughter asked me "Why did you marry Grandpa?" and I said, "Because he was kind, very intellegent, honest and a good man."

She than said, "What about his blue eyes Grammie?" and I said laughing, "Yes sweetie, I also love his blue eyes."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
love is a word, an existance thats basis causes the beginning of hate, wihtout love their would be no heartbreak or jealousy, there would be no envy no gluttony from the neglection of others watching in jealousy, no smoking in gluttony from being rejected by one who is kind to other, love is the cause of jealousy that leads to hate, though without hate we could not feel love when hate is calmed and comforted is that not when someone falls in love because their hate has deminished??? love and hate are one that cannot exist without the other

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Love is the key to the universe. If everyone could love in the same capacity with the exact understanding of self,of others the spiritual bars on our planet would turn to dust. We were born to love but conditioned to hate. Love is sharing the best parts of our heart with those who test our positivity. Real love is unconditional regardless how much we can't always grasp the concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join