It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Tourists Gone...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's an interesting video regarding the decided lack of photographs from camera-armed tourists on the morning of 911. From the same tour boat, only two tourists managed to capture images of the towers; strange considering how many cameras must have been on those tour boats.

letsrollforums.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There could be many reasons for that.. Maybe lots of people did take pictures but didn't release them, if I recall it was quite early in the morning.. Many tourists won't be up and out first thing (as opposed o midday or early afternoon) and maybe through sheer fear and shock of a plane flying into a building, maybe taking photos was the last thing on peoples minds.. Plus I'm sure there are lots of other reasons..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Cool video... but I couldn't get much further into it after the presenter exclaimed the 'scripted' voice "Oh my god! The plane just crashed into the building. I cannot believe it!"

Why does he claim it's scripted?! If that's what he saw, then that's a rational verbal response, is it not? That's when the video lost me...

But that's besides the point - I'm sure there are more people that have pictures and videos that are not publicly known. Doesn't mean they were confiscated or anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
if I recall it was quite early in the morning.. Many tourists won't be up and out first thing (as opposed o midday or early afternoon)

One tour boat had already left the dock.

The second tour boat scheduled to leave was the one currently docked where those two pieces of footage were shot from.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ATH911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

SNIP

Yes, we know. If its not on the internet if doesn't exist. Tour boat- weekday morning - after Labor day.

Also, case in point, a friend of mine was working on the Jersey side of the river near the old Jersey Central transfer docks. He got plenty of photos with a dsiposable camera. I've seen them and yet I know they aren't posted on the internet. As wonderful as the internet may be it is not the repository of all human knowledge and experience by a long shot.
edit on 25/4/11 by argentus because: removed off-topic quote

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
Here's an interesting video regarding the decided lack of photographs from camera-armed tourists on the morning of 911. From the same tour boat, only two tourists managed to capture images of the towers; strange considering how many cameras must have been on those tour boats.

Good grief, if it wasn't bad enough that these damned fool conspiracy web sites were spreading abject parnoia over the PEntagon videos, now they're trying to manufacture paranoia and trying to get people to think something sinister is going on over the lack of tourists videos in Manhattan.

Don't you think there's just a teeny, tiny chance that you people are beginning to grasp at straws with these secret 9/11 conspiracies to take over the world? After the first plane hit every camera in Manhattan was fixed on the WTC complex so what additional information could you possibly see on any tourists' photos even if you did see them?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

So you've got a sister who saw the second strike, and you've got a friend who has photos of the second strike, yet you won't provide details or photos. Gotcha.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Cool video... but I couldn't get much further into it after the presenter exclaimed the 'scripted' voice "Oh my god! The plane just crashed into the building. I cannot believe it!"

Why does he claim it's scripted?! If that's what he saw, then that's a rational verbal response, is it not? That's when the video lost me...

But that's besides the point - I'm sure there are more people that have pictures and videos that are not publicly known. Doesn't mean they were confiscated or anything.

I'm sure that if there were more pictures of planes, we'd see them.

I think it sounds like its over acted as well as scripted. Here's another video where he proves the timing on the audio is off.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Good grief, if it wasn't bad enough that these damned fool conspiracy web sites were spreading abject parnoia over the PEntagon videos, now they're trying to manufacture paranoia and trying to get people to think something sinister is going on over the lack of tourists videos in Manhattan.

Don't you think there's just a teeny, tiny chance that you people are beginning to grasp at straws with these secret 9/11 conspiracies to take over the world? After the first plane hit every camera in Manhattan was fixed on the WTC complex so what additional information could you possibly see on any tourists' photos even if you did see them?

The same players behind Iran Contra brought us here via 911. Since 911 they've invaded a few countries, bombed the dickens out of some more, bankrupted the housing industry, used tax dollars to bail out the wealthiest people on the planet, and their mouthpieces are now warning us hourly about how irradiated we're about to be, yet you accuse me of spreading paranoia?
edit on 22-4-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The same players behind Iran Contra brought us here via 911. Since 911 they've invaded a few countries, bombed the dickens out of some more, bankrupted the housing industry, used tax dollars to bail out the wealthiest people on the planet, and their mouthpieces are now warning us hourly about how irradiated we're about to be, yet you accuse me of spreading paranoia?

Since Reagan is dead, Oliver North runs a radio talk show, and the Contras don't exist anymore, I'd say yes, you are spreading false paranoia.

If you don't believe anything else I say, then at least believe this- Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with the reason why tourists' didn't take photos during the attack.
edit on 22-4-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Since Reagan is dead, Oliver North runs a radio talk show, and the Contras don't exist anymore, I'd say yes, you are spreading false paranoia.

If you don't believe anything else I say, then at least believe this- Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with the reason why tourists' didn't take photos during the attack.
edit on 22-4-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

Congratulations on earning your BA on the bleeding obvious... Still, when you take away your remarks concerning what we all know already you still never managed to produce an honest answer concerning how we are all being irradiated. Whats worse? Being purposefully vague or refusing to answer the the main question? As for why tourists never managed to get good photographs of the event while it happened. I think that anyone who is faced with the worlds most dispicable terrorist attack without warning can be forgiven for not raising his/her camera and snapping off a few shots to satisfy the baying public. I guess most of those witnesss were in a state of shock and the thought that they should click off a few frames to satisfy the general public never entered their head.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
Congratulations on earning your BA on the bleeding obvious... Still, when you take away your remarks concerning what we all know already you still never managed to produce an honest answer concerning how we are all being irradiated. Whats worse? Being purposefully vague or refusing to answer the the main question?

Of course I didn't, becuase being irradiated doesn't have anything to do with the topic of 9/11 any more than UFOs kidnapping people to perform anal experiments does...BUT, if you want a logical hypothesis as to why there were so few tourists' photos of 9/11, I'd say half of everyone was staring in disbelief at what was happening in front of them and they were in complete shock and fear so they didn't think to take a photo, and the other half felt that taking a photo of a major terrorist attack when people were being killed would make them look ghoulish.

Let me ask YOU a question- out of all the possible reasons for why tourists didn't take photos, why are you conspiracy people instinctively skipping them all and automatically gravitating toward the goofiest one- that some sinister cabal secretly confiscated the five million tourist photos to prevent some smoking gun information from being leaked? We see right away there are plenty of photos and videos taken elsewhere throughout the day so this whole thread is just one long exercise in pointless absurdity.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Arr its you again dave. Not heard from you in a while. Thought ud dropped off the face of the earth ar well i live in hope. You os believers are still here tryin to convince us nutters other wise? Please let us be we dont need your sarcastic ad hom responses

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Jees Dave, I gotta tell ya, I feel your pain! I gotta tell ya, some people just can't let it rest! Maybe if they find an additional 3 polaroids or something it will crack the whole case wide open and the astonishing truth will be revealed! Someone flew 2 planes into the WTC and 1 Airplane into the Pentagon and 1 Plane was crashed into a field because folks have cell phones and information travels fast, even back then!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"Let me ask YOU a question- out of all the possible reasons for why tourists didn't take photos, why are you conspiracy people instinctively skipping them all and automatically gravitating toward the goofiest one- that some sinister cabal secretly confiscated the five million tourist photos to prevent some smoking gun information from being leaked? We see right away there are plenty of photos and videos taken elsewhere throughout the day so this whole thread is just one long exercise in pointless absurdity. " quote.

Talk about jumping to conclusions!
Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm a conspiracy person? I have never even considered the notion that tourists, any tourist, had their film confiscated... As for goofy ideas! Which is the goofier? That a country that routinely tells the rest of the world that they have the best of everything and that the rest of us should bow at their feet suddenly are attacked by a man plotting their downfall from a cave, even though America was told by the rest of the world it was going to happen- or a dispicable and corrupt government saw the chance to use such an attack to gather world opinion and enter the middle east in a ravenous search for oil? Think of what's happening now on our TV screens nightly and I think I chose the latter.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"Let me ask YOU a question- out of all the possible reasons for why tourists didn't take photos, why are you conspiracy people instinctively skipping them all and automatically gravitating toward the goofiest one- that some sinister cabal secretly confiscated the five million tourist photos to prevent some smoking gun information from being leaked? We see right away there are plenty of photos and videos taken elsewhere throughout the day so this whole thread is just one long exercise in pointless absurdity. " quote.

Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm a conspiracy person? I have never even considered the notion that tourists, any tourist, had their film confiscated... As for goofy ideas! Which is the goofier? That a country that routinely tells the rest of the world that they have the best of everything and that the rest of us should bow at their feet suddenly are attacked by a man plotting their downfall from a cave, even though America was told by the rest of the world it was going to happen- or a dispicable and corrupt government saw the chance to use such an attack to gather world opinion and enter the middle east in a ravenous search for oil? Think of what's happening now on our TV screens nightly and I think I chose the latter.

The suggestion, frequently made, that wars in the middle east subsequent to 9/11 were all about oil just does not make sense.

Afghanistan produces less oil than I have in my garage and I haven't seen any evidence that the US or UK have received so much as a single free barrel of oil from Iraq.

Evidence does show though that the Iraq war and subsequent occupation cost the US treasury $704 billion to February 2010.

You can buy a heck of a lot of oil on the international market for $704 billion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I did a search for photos, videos, and even testimony from people and Battery Park the morning of 9/11 and I couldn't find anything but the two people's footage highlighted in the video.

Extremely suspicious.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

The suggestion, frequently made, that wars in the middle east subsequent to 9/11 were all about oil just does not make sense.

Afghanistan produces less oil than I have in my garage and I haven't seen any evidence that the US or UK have received so much as a single free barrel of oil from Iraq.

Evidence does show though that the Iraq war and subsequent occupation cost the US treasury $704 billion to February 2010.

You can buy a heck of a lot of oil on the international market for $704 billion.

Haven't you heard about George W Bushs "Oil For Aid". After the USA bombed the # out of Iraq killing hundred of thousands of innocents, some of them British soldiers, he then decided to offer the contracts to rebuild Iraqs infra structure to his fathers friends businesses while stripping the nation of it's entire oil reserves. You say you have more oil in your garage than Iraq! Iraq is only second to Saudi Arabia so you must have some incredible garage!
www.cfr.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm a conspiracy person? I have never even considered the notion that tourists, any tourist, had their film confiscated... As for goofy ideas!

Ah, yes, it's the "that's what I sdaid but that's not what I said" innuendo dropping game again. Sorry, but I'm immune to such antics. YOU said, and I quote:

"Here's an interesting video regarding the decided lack of photographs from camera-armed tourists on the morning of 911. From the same tour boat, only two tourists managed to capture images of the towers; strange considering how many cameras must have been on those tour boats. "

There's only one reason why anyone would ever thing it's "strange" that so few tourists took photos during such a horrendous series of events, and in fact there's only one reason why anyone would even notice there was an issue with so few tourists took photos of the events- you're trying to drop innuendo that something suspicious is going on., and you're doing THAT becuase you know you don't have even a microbe of proof of any actual conspiracy so you have to resort to childish innuendo dropping games like this. Everyone in the world...including you...knows full well there were trillions of other photos and videos taken throughout the day so your inability to state what unknown information the tourists' photos would even contain is announcing your political agenda like a bullhorn.

As does the following...

"Which is the goofier? That a country that routinely tells the rest of the world that they have the best of everything and that the rest of us should bow at their feet suddenly are attacked by a man plotting their downfall from a cave, even though America was told by the rest of the world it was going to happen- or a dispicable and corrupt government saw the chance to use such an attack to gather world opinion and enter the middle east in a ravenous search for oil? Think of what's happening now on our TV screens nightly and I think I chose the latter."

Come on, now, dude, seriously, aren't you even remotely ashamed that you have to resort to such silly "isn't THAT interesting (wink wink)" innuendo dropping games to convince people of what you yourself want to believe? If Bush, Cheney, Obama, etc., were to ever pull such bait and switch stunts you'd be all over them like Rosie O'Donnell on a chocolate cake. You know that and so do I.

Personally, I think it's more likely that a bunch of of paranoid radicals who zealously believe the sky is about to fall in at any moment are deliberately embellishing everything they touch to get people to falsely believe the 9/11 attack was some sinister secret conspiracy to take over the world, and less likely that armies of evil gov't ninjas are secretly blowing up buildings and staging fake hijackings all to instigate a fake war in some toilet of a country that not even the Soviets thought was worth fighting over. You should know your stunt isn't exactly proving me wrong, guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join