It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Tourists Gone...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
You have done a masterful job at repeateadly evading answering the question.

I must tell you THAT behavior is even more suspicious than any lack of tourist photographs on 9/11, and I'll tell you precisely what it is that I suspect, if you wish.

Sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

You have done a masterful job at repeateadly evading answering the question.

I must tell you THAT behavior is even more suspicious than any lack of tourist photographs on 9/11, and I'll tell you precisely what it is that I suspect, if you wish.

Sure.

I suspect you believe that there's some sinister conspiracy afoot so strongly that you actually want it to be true, so you'll grasp at any conspiracy sounding straw that comes along regardless of how frivolous it is, up to and including a lack of tourist photographs on 9/11. You've made a knee jerk reflex statement out of emotion, but now that you're being asked to explain the statement rationally, you're doing all you can to evade answering the question because you know no matter what you say, you'll still look silly. So, I can ask you every day from now until that super volcano under Yosemite blows up and destroys western civilization for you to rationally explain why there's any significance to the lack of tourist's photos, but you'll keep changing the subject exactly as you are doing now. You no longer take your own statements seriously anymore so it's nothing but a "you want to get the last word in" game to you now.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Let's say it does, for the sake of argument.

Why do you care?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why do you care?

Because as much as it comes as a shock to you, I actually do support the idea of further investigations into the events of 9/11, and above all, the documentation of the events and decisions that instigated the whole Iraq war over WMD that never existed. It's bltantly obvious that some pretty weird chain of events had to have occurred, even to people who accept the overwhelming evidence the 9/11 attack really was a genuine terrorist attack. Regardlesss of what it was, from intelligence shortcomings to beaurocratic bumbling, we need to document what happened so that another 9/11 attack or frivolous war overseas can't ever happen again.

...then you conspiracy people bumble in and treat the whole thing like it was a great big funny game to play, conjuring up a "Where's Waldo" of conspiracy inventinng where everyone from land developers to taxi drivers to even tourists visiting NYC are accused of being secret agents to the most sinister and complex conspiracy in all of recorded human history. Add in a few crackpots who insist the towers were destroyed by controlled demolitions, the Pentagon was hit by cruise missiles, and the world is being controlled by secret cults of Satan worshipping numerologists, and you have a three ring circus that makes the rest of us serious researchers look like laughing stocks by association.

What part of THIS makes the 9/11 attack funny to you, exactly?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Why is that suspicious? People don't take photos and post them for all the world to see.

I have about 300 or so photos that I took in the months following 9/11. You will never see a damn single one of them. A good friend of mine has only realeased about 10 of his 1000 or so images. He was there for about 6 months.

What say you? Oh, right, you know better......

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Why do you care?

Because as much as it comes as a shock to you, I actually do support the idea of further investigations into the events of 9/11, and above all, the documentation of the events and decisions that instigated the whole Iraq war over WMD that never existed. It's bltantly obvious that some pretty weird chain of events had to have occurred, even to people who accept the overwhelming evidence the 9/11 attack really was a genuine terrorist attack. Regardlesss of what it was, from intelligence shortcomings to beaurocratic bumbling, we need to document what happened so that another 9/11 attack or frivolous war overseas can't ever happen again.

...then you conspiracy people bumble in and treat the whole thing like it was a great big funny game to play, conjuring up a "Where's Waldo" of conspiracy inventinng where everyone from land developers to taxi drivers to even tourists visiting NYC are accused of being secret agents to the most sinister and complex conspiracy in all of recorded human history. Add in a few crackpots who insist the towers were destroyed by controlled demolitions, the Pentagon was hit by cruise missiles, and the world is being controlled by secret cults of Satan worshipping numerologists, and you have a three ring circus that makes the rest of us serious researchers look like laughing stocks by association.

This is a very good post which with I agree strongly. It's clear to me that something very bad and wrong happened on that day, and that the official story has several serious problems.

At the same time, I know that three planes hit three buildings that day, and that they were probably flown by the people named. Why not? That's what I don't understand about the posters who apparently want to make sure nobody sane ever makes a serious inquiry into this issue. Do they think no government agent has ever recruited an Arabic person to pretend to be a terrorist? Wouldn't that be, you know, vastly more simple than all these convoluted schemes?

It's as if they both overestimate and underestimate the forces they're dealing with at the same time. In one moment, the government has nearly omnipotent abilities, and in the next, the government is so stupid and incompetent they carry out plans in the worst, least efficient, most bassackward way possible. Because there's this compulsion to make EVERYTHING fit. And because that is impossible, it means the theorists start bending the puzzles pieces to jam them together. And people like you and me who have genuine questions and concerns about the narrative around that day end up having to sift through so much nonsense and noise to get to anything real, most of us probably just give up before even starting.

I don't think the truthers are doing it on purpose, for the most part. I just think a lot of people around here really don't understand how these things work, and should probably read some real books about it instead of just mutually confirming their biases all the time. They're absolutely right that the world is full of conspiracies, plots, and sinister dealings by people in power. But they really don't seem to grasp that there's a lot of factual material to be studied on exactly how such elements operate, what their standard procedures and historic tendencies are, and, most importantly in this case, how they manipulate even the people trying so hard to expose them into supporting the plan.

PS: Unlike most (but not all) truthers, I lived in the city that day. I watched the second plane as it hit. I saw what's in that photograph you linked to as it happened in real time. I watched helpless people die in fear that day. And the city I loved, which was my home, will never be the same. You better believe I want to know the truth. That's why I despair sometimes when it seems like some truthers are more concerned with impressing each other with their latest brilliant discovery than with actually constructing the real narrative.
edit on 1-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Because as much as it comes as a shock to you, I actually do support the idea of further investigations into the events of 9/11

Please post a link from another forum where you state this.

then you conspiracy people bumble in and treat the whole thing like it was a great big funny game to play

Where have I?

to even tourists visiting NYC are accused of being secret agents

Such as?

makes the rest of us serious researchers

Can you post a link to some of your "serious" research?

Where did you ever get the idea that I think that? Seems like you have a wild and disturbing imagination too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

People don't take photos and post them for all the world to see.

Originally posted by FDNY343
A good friend of mine has only realeased about 10

Thanks for debunking hooper, FDNY343!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

People don't take photos and post them for all the world to see.

Originally posted by FDNY343
A good friend of mine has only realeased about 10

Thanks for debunking hooper, FDNY343!

Debunk what? FDNY343 confirmed that even though people may take photos not all of them post them on the internet. Obviously some do, there was never a question about that. But not everyone and not all of them. Thats why you'll never get all the "answers" you want by limiting your world to what you can google.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Debunk what? FDNY343 confirmed that even though people may take photos not all of them post them on the internet. Obviously some do, there was never a question about that. But not everyone and not all of them. Thats why you'll never get all the "answers" you want by limiting your world to what you can google.

Moving the goal post, aye hooper?

Why is that suspicious? People don't take photos and post them for all the world to see. They take them for their own purposes. Anyone with their own photos probably realized that their photos don't show anything that 1000's of other photos and videos show, so why would anyone post them on the internet?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Moving the goal post, aye hooper?

Why is that suspicious? People don't take photos and post them for all the world to see. They take them for their own purposes. Anyone with their own photos probably realized that their photos don't show anything that 1000's of other photos and videos show, so why would anyone post them on the internet?

Yep, standing by it. People take photos for their own purposes (unless, of course they are professionals on assignment or commission) which therefore does not require them to post them on the internet. You got a problem with that? Quick question - have you posted every photo you've taken on the internet?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join