It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This game looks AMAZING. I have high hopes for it. I hope they do not deviate far from the multiplayer. For me what meakes the multiplayer SO good in Bad Company 2 is the huge size of the maps. If they go for the Medal of Honor approach and use smaller maps that would just kill it for me.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Have you played Homefront? It's rather addicitng. It reminds me a lot like battlefield 2 online.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

Don't worry G.
Can't have tanks and helicopters on small maps.
They will be huge, urban environments, it will be killer.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

No I haven't. I'll probably end up renting it to see how it is. Although there are so many games I wanna try like Crysis 2, operation flashpoint red river, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ReaPErofSIN

Thats a little reassuring. As you can see my avatar I am syched about this game coming out. I am addicted to Bad Company 2 right now. For what its worth I'm actually ranked around 36,000 out of all the players lol. Just too show how addicted I am.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

Working on Crysis 2 story right now. It's pretty amazing on the PS3.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

How's the multiplayer? I have a PS3 also. You got Bad Company 2? I'd love to have someone to start a squad with if your interested?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately I got rid of it a few months ago. I have Crysis 2, Homefront for the online. I just got a giftcard for amazon maybe i'll pick it up.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sounds good, I was thinkn about getn SOCOM 4 but the beta sucked. I'll probly end up getting Crysis 2 then.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
DUDE I have been waiting for this to come out. It COMPLETELY defeats Call of Duty in all aspects. It's sad that this game doesn't get much advertising like Call of Duty. You see the CoD commercial with Kobe Bryant? That was a sick commercial. BF gets little

I am def getting this game. I run BF Bad Company 2 on xbox live and I go hard in that game
I'll def be good at this one.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
try battlefield play for free, its free and online! You can buy "Points" of course, but it dosen't affect gameplay between players what so ever.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've been psyched for BF3 for a while now. It looks INSANE! I can't wait to get back to Wake Island. I've reinstalled BF2 on account of being so pumped for BF3.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Agreed, I got so damn tired and sick of COD. Call of duty is full of whiny 12 year olds and takes almost no skill or strategy to play and not to mention just the ridiculous stuff that happens. I am NEVER going back to COD.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I've looked into it. It is pretty cool that it is free, but PS3 online play is free also so i'm playing the same game almost with better graphics.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What are your guys top 3 Battlefield 2 Maps? Mine are...

1. Wake Island 2007
2. Strike At Karkand
3. Gulf of Oman

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I haven't played Battlefield 2 just Battlefield Bad Company 2. Although my favorite maps for Bad Company 2 are Arica Harbor and Isla Innocentes.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My biggest hope for BF3 is it will convince other developers to stop overlooking the PC for anything more than terrible ports. Since it's going to be a true sequel to BF2 with the huge maps (bigger than the Bad Company series) and 64 players on PC, it'll be what I've been waiting on for a long time. Don't take this the wrong way, but I honestly feel kinda bad for the console players who won't get to truly experience the game in full.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Wow 64 players? That just sounds insane, in a fun way. I personally couldn't get used to a keyboard. i've been a console player since the Sega Genesis.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem

Wow 64 players? That just sounds insane, in a fun way. I personally couldn't get used to a keyboard. i've been a console player since the Sega Genesis.

64 players sounds insane for the size of maps that you're probably used to from Bad Company 2, but it suits traditional Battlefield maps perfectly. We're talking maps around four times or more bigger than Bad Company 2 maps. It'll be on a scale where you could actually have multiple squads spread across the map going after different objectives. In any given battle, you could have a few teammates in jets filling the air superiority role, helicopters supporting your ground forces, a couple of sniper teams spotting and taking out targets from a few thousand feet away, a couple of armor units taking fortified positions, and assault squads moving from building to building taking objectives.

The farthest engagements in something like Call of Duty is basically point blank for Battlefield.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Damn that sounds fun. I would look into it but I don't want to drop a good amount of money on a decent gaming computer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join