It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widow sues, wants gold after 2 killed in shootout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Widow sues, wants gold after 2 killed in shootout

www.arkansasonline.com

A Florida woman whose anti-government husband and stepson died last year in a shootout with Arkansas police officers says her loved ones suffered "torture killings" and wants authorities to pay her restitution in the form of gold, according to a lawsuit.

Jerry Kane, 45, and his son, Joseph, 16, died in West Memphis last May after the teen fatally shot two police officers near a highway exit ramp. Video from a dashboard camera of a police SUV showed the teen firing an AK-47 at the officers during a traffic stop before he and his father got back into their van and drove away, leaving the of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Full Dash cam video of West Memphis Shootings

Kane's family faulting police over deadly shootout

edit on 4/21/2011 by ThaLoccster because: links

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As the judge stated, she is quite nonsensical. She posted some things about the killings on a thread that I posted last year after this happened.

It doesn't seem like her case will be going very far, the judge already seems upset. I'm surprised there wasn't a lawyer somewhere willing to take up her case, it does seem like she put everything together herself and it's just a random compiling of things that don't really have any bearing on her situation.

www.arkansasonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good call asking for Gold. Never know when those paper notes are worthless.
Maybe she's an ATS member

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just goes to show you the type of garbage people infesting our county. She should be ashamed to go out in public for what her husband and a child she raised did and now she wants paid. What a joke.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If the cops were doing their jobs instead of enforcing unconstitutional traffic legislation, they would still be alive.

The blame for this event rests squarely on the shoulders of that police department.
edit on 21-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

I am not totally against their actions but nor do i condone it. I think they died standing up for their inalienable rights but the cops died trying to enforce statutes that are contridictory to the SCOTUS rulings. right to travel scotus rulings
If our revolutionary fathers were pacifist we'd be eatin crumpets and sippin tea right now saying" God save the queen"! I do feel for everyone involved but standing up for your rights is bloody sometimes.
edit on 21-4-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Good for them, atleast they stood up to the soldiers of the elite. This is a perfect example of the tides beginning to change. Soon not many people will fear cops.....if all goes well, they will fear us!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Well she is an ATS member. I think she may have only signed up to reply to the posts regarding her husband.

Here is her profile...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Wow total shot in the dark i was only kidding..
maybe I should go grab a lottery ticket

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I'm all for standing up for your rights but to pull out an aka 47 or whatever and kill 2 police officers is insane. Most police officers are good. All we see is a few bad episodes. How many calls or traffic stops happen in a day? A fricken crap load. At any stop an officer can be blown away so I don't blame them for not having a bedside manor.
It's not like the police get paid well but they sure as hell should. Those 2 officers families lost a parent each and that is wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
reply to post by StripedBandit

Well she is an ATS member. I think she may have only signed up to reply to the posts regarding her husband.

Here is her profile...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just finished reading her replies and while I haven't watched the dash cam videos in question she does raise some interesting and valid points, provided what she wrote here on ATS is an accurate reflection of what happened.

It looks like the deceased attempted to present some sovereign citizen arguments and documentation that may have led to the police becoming agitated in what may truly have been a escalating confrontation that evolved beyond the police's ability to control it, in their attempt to control it.

If she can prove the legal validity of the sovereign citizen documents she claims they had in their possession she may have a case in a common law court.

I doubt she would use a lawyer for this since she likely is attempting this through common law.

This in reality could prove a land mark case for people claiming sovereign citizenship and the ability to use common law versus United States Codes if properly evoked.

A government win here or dismisal could set the Free Man on the Land Movement back a few pegs, a win by the plaintiff could propell it forward signifigantly.

Based on the woman's post here on ATS there is a whole lot more to this story than cops pull over a van during a routine traffic stop and are murdered.

I will give the woman this, she's committed to her beliefs.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing

I'm all for standing up for your rights but to pull out an aka 47 or whatever and kill 2 police officers is insane. Most police officers are good. All we see is a few bad episodes. How many calls or traffic stops happen in a day? A fricken crap load. At any stop an officer can be blown away so I don't blame them for not having a bedside manor.
It's not like the police get paid well but they sure as hell should. Those 2 officers families lost a parent each and that is wrong.

I am not defending or advocating what the men did, but these were two people with a very alternative view on their status and the constitutionality of traffic code violations.

Technically because Traffic Stops are not constitutional they represent a form of armed kidnapping with the menace of lethal force for failure to comply.

Technically under common law that means you can respond with lethal force of your own.

After reading the woman who has filed this lawsuit comments written by her here on ATS shortly after the shooting occured it very much appears that her husband and son were trying to both explain and prove their sovereign status to be free of such stops and the cops decided to respond to that with added aggression versus considering what they were informing the police.

In other words we are going to show you!

Instead the men turned around and showed them the power of lethal force.

Tragic all the way around.

I am assuming some of this based on what she wrote and the fact that the audio for the stop went missing, but I would wager that had the cops simply tried to deesculate the situation by saying something to the effect "look I hear you, but I still have to write you a ticket and you are free to pursue what ever strategy you want in court" it might have ended up with everyone walking away.

Instead it appears that they either attempted or did in fact taser one of the men which led to the escalation of force.

I feel for the mens families all the way around but as long as the police want to use escalating force in situations that are really not life and death situations to begin with (ie a routine traffic stop against a citizen not committing any real crime with no warrants for their arrest) simply to demonstrate a form of you must comply with what ever I say, not because the law is necessarily on their side but because a badge, a gun and human ego and hubris are all combining it does represent a danger to the citizenry, especially with over 600,000 largely unconstitutional codes on the books.

Personally I think with all the homeland security money spent on sending local and state police to seminars that teach them all citizens are a potential terrorist danger, that some of that money should be spent on educating police officers about citizens who favor common law principles and free man on the land thinking so that when police stop such people they know how to respond in a way that defuses the situation and keeps both officers and citizens safe.

Common law has been around a long time, a whole lot longer than the constitution, the war on terror and domestic terrorists and extremists, the constiution likewise has been around a lot longer than some of these relatively new mind sets being displayed within the police department.

So there really is no reason for the police not to be aware of these concepts, and to not have set procedures for handling them when they arise, just like they have set procedures for almost all other variables in their work.

Long and short of it, these officers attempted to use escalating force and the colour of their badges when some simple soft spoken words and explanations would have served them much better.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sad story all around. I agree with Proto there is much more to this story then meets the eye. If Cops were not strong arming people out of the fruits of thier labors on the highways and byways things like this would not happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

It seems to me that the right to travel was not in question. Maybe it was how they were travelling and what they were claiming. Then, there is the problem that they turned a traffic stop into a double murder and were apparently prepared to do so with a loaded rifle. The shootout that took them out saved court costs and rid the country of two murderers.
If the father was so aware of the Constitution and how vehicular laws were illegal, why did he and his son murder the police officers instead of going to court to make their point? Those who know the Constitution should realize that it promotes the rule of law. What does the Constitution say about murder? What does it say about making and enforcing laws? Many amateur Constitutional "Scholars" also know that income taxes are illegal and some are even now explaining it to their fellow inmates.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

The blame for this incident is clearly the kid who pulled out an M-16 and started firing at the troopers.

He and his stupid father are responsible.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by ViperChili

The blame for this incident is clearly the kid who pulled out an M-16 and started firing at the troopers.

He and his stupid father are responsible.

Not to say I don't agree. However it was an AK-47
The dad no doubt filled his son with a bunch of anti-government rhetoric. This is coming from someone who is very anti-government. No doubt these two were over the edge as far as that's concerned.

top topics

join