It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Dash cam video of West Memphis Shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Full Dash cam video of West Memphis Shootings

www.arkansasonline.com

A teenage boy shot to death two West Memphis police officers with an assault rifle May 20, and then stood over one of them before walking “off in no hurry,” a witness said in reports on the slayings released Wednesday.

Officer Thomas “Bill” Evans, 38, had pulled over a van driven by Jerry Kane, 45, of Forest, Ohio, along Interstate 40 in West Memphis. Sgt. Brandon Paudert, 39, arrived shortly afterward to provide backup.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Anti_Government Man and Son kill police in shootout
2 Florida officers die after traffic-stop shooting

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is the dashboard cam footage from one of the slain officer's cars, also is footage from Wal-Mart security cams and other dashboard footage.

The opening scene has no audio, but I'm pretty sure the original should have audio. I'd really like to hear the exchange, and know what really provoked the shooting.

Nonetheless, a very tragic situation.

www.arkansasonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

This idiot father got his teenage son killed because he believed that that sovereign citizen BS. He brainwashed his son to believe that US laws do not apply to them because they were so called sovereign citizens. I guess that didn't work out too well for them.

I saw a thread recently here on ATS about a Sovereign citizen succesfully getting away with driving without a license. The cops let him go.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Considering the video came from the prosecutors office, it's fairly reasonable to assume any and all audio portraying the cops in a negative light was removed before releasing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

...are you trying to say that the audio portion of the video was cut out because it would justify endangering innocent lives, wounding 2 officers, and murdering 2 more officers? That is sick.

There was absolutely no reason for anyone to have died that day. Obviously the boy and his father made a stupid mistake, and passed the point of no return. Now they will forever burn.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eennoo

Maybe he was.

But with the audio portion intact, you would have a more clear understanding of what provoked their actions.

I'm not personally saying it was right, or if we knew what provoked them it would be right.

But knowing what provoked the shooting goes a long way in understanding the events that unfolded.

I don't think they intended to kill the officers at first stop, or they would have just opened fire then and drove away. Something happened during the stop, that provoked them into shooting the officers.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eennoo

Nope, just saying the audio would help in determining what led to this.

Curious that its not included with the video portion.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't see why they'd remove the audio unless they're trying to hide something.

We've all seen enough videos of cops stepping way out of line in ways that make your blood just boil with anger.

Who knows...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'll tell you what happened. This guy was an anti-government nut job that felt US laws didnt apply to him so he figured he could go around driving without a license, registration or insurance. He also convinced his poor misguided son to go down the same path. So called sovereign citizens.

The son pulled out an AK47 when the cops made the mistake of turning their back on the vehicle while talking to the father. Shot them both dead.

Police on Friday identified the pair as 45-year-old Jerry R. Kane Jr., of Forest, Ohio, and his son, Joseph T. Kane, believed to be 16. They were killed in a shootout in the parking lot of a Walmart store on Thursday. Authorities say they had killed two officers with assault rifles after being pulled over in a white minivan on Interstate 40 in West Memphis, Ark.

Kane had a long history with police and recently complained about being busted at a "Nazi checkpoint" on I-40 in New Mexico. Court records show he was charged with driving without a license and concealing his identity.

www.myeyewitnessnews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Have you watched the video?

He clearly has some form of identification, registration, and possibly insurance.

The police officer snatches them from his hand, and later he is shown throwing the papers back in the van.

This is why the audio needs to be heard, you're doing more speculating than anyone in regards to this situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would like to hear the audio as well. I hate the police state, useless laws and general attitude that some officers have, but shooting them only stigmatizes the average citizen and everyone who loves liberty.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And people wonder why cops are such assholes now days. I agree that we have good cops and bad cops, but when you have people like this out in the world? No wonder they are so edgy, they are DAMNED if they do and DAMNED if they dont!

It doesnt matter WHAT went on in this video, the cops didnt draw guns on the two, there was no reason for this to happen, except for bad parental upbringing and a guy who thought (through his history) he was above the law.

That being said, im all for sovereignty, im all for militias, but you have to still operate within the realms of common law, and in instances like THIS there was no reason to react the way this father and son did..

Ruby Ridge? Totally understandable, fight back, do what you have to , to defend your family........but this? To avoid a ticket or be taken in for something minor? Are you serious?

The two got what they deserved, its just sad that two police officers had to die for it to happen......having said that, im sure that those to police officers would rather lose their life then these two IDIOTS, unleash hell on some civilians some where.

Live by the gun, die by the gun.......no glory for these two wana be patriots....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I don't know if you watched the video either.

Because its impossible to tell what provoked the shooting, its also impossible to tell if the police drew their guns on the elder Kane before the younger came out of the van and fired on them.

The altercation happens out of view of the dash cam.

Speculation at best as to what went down.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Not every dashcam is wired for sound.

I watched the video, and my stomach is still tied in knots, but the original police vehicle did not appear to be a patrol cruiser. Yes, it was a police vehicle, but not a patrol vehicle.

Speculation, albeit with an informed eye: The situation appeared to turn bad when it became clear that the man was going to be placed under arrest.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
wow the system is messed up

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I watched the video, and it clearly shows the cop standing infront of the vehicle with the gentleman standing next to it, right before the kid comes out, and it looked like the guy was going to be placed under arrest

Youre telling me that ANYTHING in that video justified that sort of reaction from this idiot and his son?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I seen the officer and the elder Kane in front of the vehicle, the officer snatches the papers from his hands, and seems to instruct him to place his hands on the hood.

The elder Kane is on the passenger side of the hood, with the officer behind him, seemingly frisking him.

At that point you see the elder Kane disappear from view, and shortly after the younger comes out and fires on the officers.

Whether he was being arrested, or was simply being searched and they possibly found something is hard to discern.

Going on memory of the reports (I live in Arkansas) I'm not aware of the elder Kane having any open warrants or basically any reason for the stop.

If you read my earlier posts I state...

But with the audio portion intact, you would have a more clear understanding of what provoked their actions.

I'm not personally saying it was right, or if we knew what provoked them it would be right.

But knowing what provoked the shooting goes a long way in understanding the events that unfolded.

I was pretty brutally beated by a cop when I was 15 because he couldn't hear my name. I didn't speak loud enough for him.

If there would have been dash cam in my situation, especially one with no audio it would be hard to discern what exactly happened. But having one with audio you could clearly hear the officer state, after beating me "next time I ask a question, you better speak where I can hear you".

I'm just saying, knowing what provoked the shooting goes a long way in understanding what happened.

Regardless of what happened, unless the cop pulled his gun and attempted to murder the elder Kane (which I in no way assume happened) then there is nothing that justifies the murder of the officers.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is a tragedy that should have never happened. I did see something that was interesting and that was a second dash cam in the second officers car.He was parked behind the first police car which was probably recording also.That should show what was going on when the officers were talking to this sad excuse for a human. I wonder if that bit of of video is going to be shown I know that would shed a little light on the situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I found a little bit more info on these shootings.It has a better look at what was going on just before the shooting. Check it out as it also has a statement from someone who seen this go down.

policelink.monster.com...

This was a cold blooded murder of two officers just doing their jobs.

There has to be another video from the second officers dash cam.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I read a report that tells a tragic and heartbreaking thing about this shooting. Come to find out that one of the officers killed was the police chiefs son.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join