It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, One more time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I know that the issue of the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world has been beaten to death, but I heard something on Leno a few nights ago that caught my interest. He was interviewing one of our Olympic swimmers and when asked if this would be the last time he competed, he said �No, I�m just getting started. I plan on going to Beijing in 2008 and hopefully New York in 2012.� (paraphrasing)

I know New York and London both have bids in for the 2012 Olympics. If you think about it, it makes a perfect target from a terrorist�s point of view. Assuming New York wins the bid, it will be the 30th(?) Olympiad, hosted in the largest city in the United States, on an election year. It will also be televised across the globe, so millions of people can see whatever message they want to get across. The US (and possibly countries around the world) would inevitably retaliate, and, assuming that the terrorists have nuclear capability, we could possibly find ourselves reaching for a nuclear holocaust in no time.

I�ve personally never put much faith in the 2012 theory. But, this has opened my eyes and made it seem at least possible. Has anyone else seen or predicted anything along these lines? Any thoughts/ideas?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yea that would be an ideal time for an attack. But im sure that the presedent will eb aware of the possiblility and will be prepared for any attack on and event that big. Although, being prepared doesnt nessisarily mean that it will be in a 'clean' way. If you ask me though, i wouldnt be to worried. However, there is plenty of evidence showing that the 2012 thing is true and will be shown in one way or another. I myself am not going to take any 'special' attempts to protect myself but i will make sure that i am informed about the situation of certain predictions such as this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I hope the president at the time is aware of the threat. With it in New York, it would be hard for him not to. It will be interesting to see if the August 15th predictions come true, how our national security will change around presidential elections.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The same could be said if it were held in London...

I'll be happy just to see us MAKE it to 2012 without full-force fighting of WWIII....as the opening salvos have already been fired...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys mean by end of the world, but the world won't be annihilated for a LONG time to come, IMHO. What will happen, at some point according to Hinduism, is the arrival of Kalki (similar description to the second coming of Christ), which will bring about great changes in the world. A lot of people will die, some will survive. Those that survive will reconnect with their souls and conquer their egos, and essentially lead a more divine, peaceful life. This will last for a long time, before things start going bad again, and the cycle continues once more where the ego starts to take over.

Essentially, at some point, upon the arrival of Kalki or the second coming of Christ, or whoever, a new golden age will be ushered in, IMHO.

It's possible the Mayans didn't see past that, though the Hindus see time in a much vaster scale though I don't think they're completely correct as far as their calculations go.

I've read some near-death experiences that also indicate something similar, like a Golden Age for 1000 years and then the less evolved souls get to incarnate and fulfill their desires, or something like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I actually don�t put much faith in the whole idea, but I thought it was interesting how all those things came together in 2012. Being semi-Christian, I think the quote about how no one will know the time and place puts it into perspective (for me, anyway).

As for the calendar issue, maybe they just stopped making calendars that year? Who knows. Imagine if every human on the earth died and some advanced civilization came along. They would think that we knew when we were going to die because we don�t have any 2005 calendars (Until they discovered our computers, and saw that the calendar goes to 2099. Then there would be some heated debate about what would happen to earth in the year 2099). Sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy.

WWIII? You mean the presidential election? Completely off topic, but I don�t think I have seen the country this politically divided before. Of course, I have just gotten into politics in the last 4-5 years so maybe it has always been like this and I never noticed.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the last two posts and this thread are very interesting but im starting to come to the conclusion that something is expected to happen in 2012 mabey remote vieving could give us a clue although i do not know wether you can do that. Im also finding that if you are prepared then most times nothing happens its the things that you dont expect that set you back,at least if you do and something dose happen then you wont be kicking your self in the back for not doing so. the choice is yours wether you live in fear of it of entirely up to you

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The whole world will probably subjugated by then anyway. Also 2012 is the year that the age of aquarius begins according to the new agers and the illuminati literature.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Age of Aquarius? Sorry, the song is the only thing that comes to mind. What exactly is it?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
However, there is plenty of evidence showing that the 2012 thing is true and will be shown in one way or another.

Well, it's not 2012 so...what is this "evidence" showing that it's true?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Good find para, interesting connection.

perhaps this end of the world, will be the end of the world as we know it know...

I mean, what better way to cause more mayhem then to bomb new york in that perticular year???

some stuff:

1) the olympics are a big event. which brings lots of people.

my point, terrorists like to kill LOTS of people

2) there is deep discussion on the end in 2012....

another point,

by terrorists doing major damage during this year, It will cause almost world wide chaos.

This brings us to one thing:

if New york wins the bid for the olympics, terroristswill surely go after it.

we had better prepare for this, I think weve stumbled upon the sleeping beast....

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Very interesting post..
I kind of hope the world DOES end in 2012, even if its just so that all our "guessing" wont be in vain

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
ach you guys are way off.. i wish i still had my bookmarks i had a really good site explaining the whole 2012 deal and the mayan calandar. they didn't stop making calendars up until 2012, that year is just the end of the biggest cycle in the mayan calendar. its a 26,000 year cycle, and i guess the age of aquarius will start at the end of 2012. the last age ended in the 80's, im not sure of the specific year but in between those times is suppossed to be a lot of change. anyways, the whole mayan calendar was based on cycles, the 2012 one is just the end of the 26000 cycle, NOT the end of the world or life. there are many smaller cycles, that range from thousand to hundreds to decades. they didnt just stop making the calendar, you just start back at the beginning of the calendar cycle

remote viewing into the future might not work.. i heard of psychics not being able to 'see' anything past 2012. like a mental block.
i'll try to find a link tomorrow night or something, its too late (early?) here and i need to get to bed.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Crispexi: How can it be a 26,000 year cycle if one ends in the 1980s and the other in 2012? Or are there supposedly cycles, sub-cycles, sub-sub-cycles, etc?

I just hope I haven�t given anyone any ideas. I imagine they are smart enough to figure it out for themselves, but still...

I guess if anything does happen, everyone will know who to blame.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Im glad someone other than me got into the sort of time travel thing. Yes i have heard on many accounts of supposed 'time travels' that they cannot get into the year 2013 because of some strange 'time wall'. This is shown with Steven Gibbs time travel and the philidelphia experiment. Like i said before, wether you belive it or not i wouldnt go on living in fear until the facts have been placed. Although we think that we have facts now they will not start showing up for awhile yet if they are even true. Will planet X come and destroy us? Will the people down at jerusalm sign the peace treaty? Will there be a WWIII? Will G-d come? Will a pole shift occur? Will a time traveler come and kill us? Will we be destoyed via global warming? Will a giant donkey come and pee on us? Well maybe not the last one, but these are just some of the things that we have to ask ourselves. The one that we are dealing with at the momment is global warming but the next one that we should see is the signing of the treaty and the rebuilding of the temple. If this happens its does not make it a fact but it will make me alittle more sure of myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You know even if we do see the signs, there won't be much we can do. Although I will very seriously consider quiting work and starting to preach the bible to everyone that will listen if I see the temple rebuilt in my lifetime.

- Was

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
well i would hope that by 2012 they have striped any variables from people going anywhere near the event that would lead to a unwanted occurance. an as for 2012 as the year of doom, PSSSshhh! its gonna happen before then, leave it to mankind to be impaient. we will find a way to do it beforehand, you know that mankind will be the result of our own demise.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tranceoptical is right, I myself am anxious to see wether or what will happen from now till 2012 and in fact am so anxious that I wish there were a way that I could even make it come before hand
. Even if it was a nuclear war
it would still be something interesting. I myself have, to my understandings, had a very plain life and would like something to spice it up a little (wether that be good or bad). So im sure other people are like me
and want the same thing.

... physco people

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
Crispexi: How can it be a 26,000 year cycle if one ends in the 1980s and the other in 2012? Or are there supposedly cycles, sub-cycles, sub-sub-cycles, etc?

I just hope I haven�t given anyone any ideas. I imagine they are smart enough to figure it out for themselves, but still...

I guess if anything does happen, everyone will know who to blame.

look at egypt.
the sfinx is the mark of 26.000 year cycle named Lion.
and that will end in 2012

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here is the deal. 2012 is the end of times. Many people confuse that with the end of the world. It simply means one age comes to a close and another one begins. Currently i believe post 2012 has two paths and the path is being decided by our current actions in the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join