It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beginners Guide To The Oak Island Money Pit Mystery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

First question to me was also about reasoning but i think it has to be much more depth in reasoning than trick ppl to their deaths. What is that language written in stones? Have we got correct translation from them yet? Right now i have more questions than theories, maybe il dig some more into it sounds that bit interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I`ve always been fascinated with this subject here just a few of my view / opinions
Treasure hunting is allowed on oak island as long as you obtain a licence from the ministry of natural resources
Where is the marker stone now? The photo of it is in colour so it must have been around in living memory
There is a theory that Knights Templar treasure was buried there by Sir Henry Sinclair on a pre Columbian Journey to The Americas and that one of his Knights (Sir James Gunn) died in America an was buried at a grave with a gravestone carved in the shape of a knight (the Westfield Knight stone in Massachusetts)

Added note :just found out the stone in the photo is a replica

edit on 12-11-2013 by dashdespatch because: addition

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have just found out that somebody has solved the mystery !! Unfortunately it will be revealed in her book but it will not be published until spring 2014.
The only clues she is revealing is that the British were involved in its construction in the 18th century and that the truth of the mystery is something nobody has thought of before

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've just been looking back into the Money Pit story and came across this interesting theory by someone online. He was just responding to comments on the Oak Island Money Pit website, but he seems to know his stuff.

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth. This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”. These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III. These members were:

Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized. Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762. Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain. The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy greedy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern was and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure, claiming that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.

1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross

These combined markers point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery. These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure. This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons. The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Certainly an interesting theory. I've just skimmed the top of the story before and never really looked any deeper.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: franspeakfree

one of my favorite stories.
been mesmerized by it since I saw it on the television show "in search of" staring leonard nimoy.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashdespatch
Treasure hunting is allowed on oak island as long as you obtain a licence from the ministry of natural resources

I doubt that very much, as the island is private property, and the causeway is posted...as you can see from my photo.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm, you do know there was a 5 part series on just recently done by the new owners....

On the History Channel: www.history.com...

I think you should watch all five parts to see the most up to date info, including a Spanish coin found in the
man made swamp.... I think the treasure is in there and the money pit was just a water leveling device of some type.

Anyways, the show will be on again after the winter season.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
Hmmmm, you do know there was a 5 part series on just recently done by the new owners....
I just checked and saw that history.ca is streaming episodes, so I'll start watching it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I would appreciate your thougths on it. VERY interesting when you get to the "Cross"
and the swamp.....

I am thinking it was the French that made it... that is my teaser.
edit on 4/23/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I would appreciate your thougths on it. VERY interesting when you get to the "Cross"
and the swamp.....
I am thinking it was the French that made it... that is my teaser.
Well, I watched the first episode this evening, and it really wasn't bad. The cross was a twist I had not heard, but my first impression was that they should have been screening the material that came out of the bore hole they dug. There was no follow up on those ceramic shards they had found, either. That kind of blue transferware is datable, though it didn't look like flow blue from the glimpse we got. I'd like to see that followed up upon. I'll watch again...
edit on 23-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ... just because!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!
I really don't want to give stuff away, but it's tough to comment on the show without doing so. Season One has been broadcast, so I figure I should be ok.

So, I'd like to know more about the dating method on that coconut fibre. They provided a date of 1250-1400 or thereabouts. Kind of significant as it would pre-date Columbus. Now what they have to show is that the fibre was actually placed there, and not just washed ashore at some point. Sure...it sounds lame, but gotta get that outta the way. What about those bones? Could have had them checked out down the hall from the microscope. Definitely watching with interest.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I especially liked the "diver". Gets all suited up and ready to go.....

Plop.... into about two inches of water and 10 feet of mud.

And the Spanish coin they found at the end "Pieces of Eight" I think the coin types are called. Taking it back to the 1400's (If I remember correctly).

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I especially liked the "diver". Gets all suited up and ready to go.....
Plop.... into about two inches of water and 10 feet of mud.
And the Spanish coin they found at the end "Pieces of Eight" I think the coin types are called. Taking it back to the 1400's (If I remember correctly).

Now who's doin' the spoilin'? I'm only at the end of Pt. Two. Watching it with the Missus, who is finally comprehending why it was such a big deal for me to go there...even if only to stand at the end of the causeway!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

IM SORRY!!!!! I thought you said you watch the whole first season/episodes.

GET TO IT.....

You ain't seen nothing yet.... I am now MUM...

Enjoy

(Also, I have been to Campobello Island. There are two reports (at least) of UFO's there. If they were, I believe they would have been there do to Roosevelt and his place there). Just saying.
edit on 4/25/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

IM SORRY!!!!! I thought you said you watch the whole first season/episodes. GET TO IT.....

Got one more to watch. The swamp thing is fascinating, and I look forward to seeing how the whole pitch from the Norwegian dude plays out, but I can't help but think that it's a pretty convoluted process that could have been accomplished with...wait for it...a MAP! Like the one I got out of a Shreddies box when I was a kid. Well...maybe hide it better.

While the whole series has that 'reality show' tang to it, these guys are walking the walk and I figure if they can't produce results...
a) Nobody will or
b) Ain't nuthin' there.

Cool!!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It was my impression when I studied that situation some years ago that the one expedition did get to bottom and if there was something there they got it. They wisely didn't say what it was or more likely there was nothing there at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Watch this new show we are talking about.

I don't think the money/goods were ever in that hole. I think the hole is a "maintence" tunnel for the water control of the swamp.

Looking in the wrong place(s).

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune
Watch this new show we are talking about.
I don't think the money/goods were ever in that hole. I think the hole is a "maintenance" tunnel for the water control of the swamp.Looking in the wrong place(s).
Well there's the odd moment where I want to start throwing some orders around, but all in all it's rather compelling. Yes, the coin was cool but it seems a little strange that it was that close to the surface, suspended in what we call 'loon sh!t'. And I'm also not sure that it ought to have been so clean. Didn't they say the water was brackish? But...copper has a way of staying preserved in organic environments, so who knows? Bring on Season Two!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have just found out that somebody has solved the mystery !! Unfortunately it will be revealed in her book but it will not be published until spring 2014.
The only clues she is revealing is that the British were involved in its construction in the 18th century and that the truth of the mystery is something nobody has thought of before

I'm wondering how this author solved the mystery. Direct Evidence? Indirectly putting all the pieces of the puzzle together? A hunch?

This is the stuff of great mysteries and I predict the Oak Island treasure will continue to be a mystery for a very long time to come. I'm still going to buy her book though.

What is her name?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Book should be out now.
Any news?
What was the answer?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join