It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the doom...We Need a Happy News Category!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Some days I just can't handle another negative story. Too much government control, fraud, corruption and conspiracy on top of the day's other stressors. I propose a 'Happy News' column. Nothing but good news. We need to occasionally break free, and rejoice in all that is good in this world! Stories about puppies, children, good souls and happy moments in time, would be a great respite.

Give me some goodness for a change.
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I agree.

However, you're going to get people saying there is not enough good news to create a new category.

But I believe there is lots of good news out there being suppressed. Which is another conspiracy.

There is good news happening all over that the MSM doesn't tell us so they can keep us uninformed and sheeples.

Our whole economy can change on a dime with a good dose of Good News! It's all about perception.

Just like rising gas prices. Nothing has changed - only fear. Gas lines are not disrupted - only the fear of what may be and now we are looking at $4.00 gallon. This is just one example. There are 1,000's more.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wouldn't hurt. We could all use some happier news from time to time even if our world does burn around us...

I agree with the poster above me ^ about the positive news being covered up. It doesn't matter the network, all that ever makes the news is negative. Seems they only want us to focus on that.

Why even call it news anymore? Just call it: "Bad things that happened today". This disaster blew up here and this person was shot and so and so. News would imply EVERYTHING new that's going on (even the secret stuff no one has access to).
edit on 20-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
Some days I just can't handle another negative story. Too much government control, fraud, corruption and conspiracy on top of the day's other stressors. I propose a 'Happy News' column. Nothing but good news. We need to occasionally break free, and rejoice in all that is good in this world! Stories about puppies, children, good souls and happy moments in time, would be a great respite.

Give me some goodness for a change.
Thanks!

Ok I even have a name for it. The Virtual Prozac thread.
Line up for your meds folks... "Now tink happy thoughts..."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
There is good news happening all over that the MSM doesn't tell us so they can keep us uninformed

The real problem is the definition of "news".
It is the nature of "news" to report specific events, which frequently bring about some kind of change.
But the good things of the world tend not to come to us as specific new events. They tend to be on-going things. The existence of children, kittens, flowers- these are all on-going things, so you're not going to get news stories about them.
Whereas change, almost by definition, tends to be something which makes the world worse.
That is the real reason why "news" is dominated by bad news. It is "event"-driven.

For that matter, bad things that happen gradually tend not to become news stories either. Take the pollution of the world. If somebody launches a campaign against it, or if there is a big pollution event, these are news stories which can be reported. But the gradual, on-going, pollution of the world that happens between those times, can go on for years without hitting the media.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

It's a conspiracy site..

How many conspiracies are based on happy endings??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
For sure I'd welcome such a forum, because sometimes you can really get depressed reading all that doom & gloom stuff on ATS.

I'd like to read stuff like: "Against all odds, those people got rescued!!!" (like those mineworkers who were captured under earth for several dozen days)

Or that story in the gray area about that policeman, who was so impressed of the honesty of that 13-year-old boy who accidantly made a fire.

Or that dog in Japan, who stood guard for his injured fellow dog, until they were helped.

I think such good news are very important. Because the seed of a new, better age cannot grow on fear. Just on hope, me thinks...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This sounds like a good idea to me as well. I run across good news all the time. The only draw back I can see though is that this is a conspiracy site and maybe not many people would be interested in uplifting news

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

From what I've seen , this site has a record of fascinating and unusual things. So even the happy news should be a fun and unique read from our members!

Plus it would be just 1 forum, not a big deal. I mean we got a joke, rant, celebrity forum... hehe.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's a happy conspiracy.

This world of ours, and everything about it, you, me, everyone; is a training ground for a future which will be as great as we can imagine.

Our children, and their children, will carry what we have learned and apply it with the benefit of knowing all we've taught them.

The human spirit is eternally free, nothing that can happen to us, changes anything about the nature of the universe. yet everything that happens to us serves as a foundation to build upon.

No amount of ideology, or contrived constructs of logic can abate the reality of humanity's single imperative, to endure.

Every effort of every villain is doomed to fail because we are all mortal. Their paradigms and rules are as mortal as they are.

That we stumble and fall, that we yield to petty weaknesses, that we collide and clash are all signs of a process which impels itself forward at all times.

Only fear is fear-worthy. Pain is temporary. But the laughter of a child is infinite... and faith, however defined, can move mountains.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wow, what an impressive post!!! Wise words, and creating hope... thanks for that!!!

And you're right, saying "Every effort of every villain is doomed to fail because we are all mortal. Their paradigms and rules are as mortal as they are." It's funny, because I was thinking about the exact same thing today - that all those guys, that allegedly are behind the NWO, that all of them finally have to die and to meet their creator like us all.

But there's a thing that is immortal. And in a strange way, we all are part of it...

kind regards,
D.

edit to add: The baby's laughter is great! I think, as love is the most powerful weapon against hate, laughther is the most powerful weapon against fear...

And from one of my most favourite songs (of Dead Can Dance, here covered from the band Ulver: www.youtube.com...)

"we could welcome responsebility like a long lost friend
and re-establish laughter in the doll's house once again

[...]

view our chaos in motion..."

edit on 20/4/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join