It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccurring storyline in movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Little series I came across about Hollywood movies being a bit too similar to each other in their character-constellation/storyline. Some identical even, yet in completely different genres. We very well could have been watching the same bunch of stories over and over again, just put into different contexts.

Don't know if this has been posted yet...watched this some time ago when I was getting into Illuminati and secret societies.
If you pay attention, or rummage around in your memory of movies you'll notice little similarities here and there yourself.

Anyway...interesting little watch.

edit on 19-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Little series I came across about a bunch of Hollywood movies being a bit too similar to each other in their character-constellation/storyline.

Theres no big conspiracy here. Its just an industry being too conservative and not wanting to take risks, so they just do what has worked before. Its one of the reasons that I watch a lot of non-Hollywood films.

Your typical Hollywood film is a simple three act structure, and an experienced viewer can predict quite accurately in advance what and when things will happen.
Structure

Character has a normal life...
...until ONE DAY it is turned upside down with a problem.
1 hour of screen time is spent entertaining the viewer but not fixing the characters problem.
At the end of act 2 all is lost. There is no hope. The lowest point.
But wait!! With a final effort and ingenuity (and probably lots of explosions) the character end up victorious. yay.

Yawn.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Just watch it...you'll be surprised what you didn't notice...what slipped your Bs radar so to speak, while you were focusing on the obvious Bs.
edit on 19-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Interesting videos; thanks for the post. The more familiar you become with Masonic symbolism the more you see it literally everywhere. Movies, television, all throughout the city you live.. on and on and on. We're soaked in it and probably 99% or more of the population isn't even aware of what all these symbols mean. Very creepy.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
But what's the point? Subliminal messages? I've read about many studies which concluded that it isn't really effective. What kind of message would I get from seeing an eye everywhere anyway? And they can't be very effective secret societies if they are leaving their mark everywhere. I think that they would do better with propaganda than anything subliminal.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's like sitcom's.
They all use the same storylines.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here you can find a beautiful collection of celebrity pictures that we hope you will take your time to enjoy. Also use for your advertisement, website and blog.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That's ANY kind of story-telling medium though...

You always have the protagonists (heroes), then something happens (conflict). This then leads to the low point for the characters, but height of things happening (climax), but then with a satisfying ending (resolution, conclusion).

You'll see it in literature as well as film, heck, a lot of times even in music or dance, etc. Anything that tells a story.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Sometimes these departures work, sometimes, your audience just shambles out of the theater grumbling about it.

You roll the dice, you take your chances. (or, you play it safe and go with the standard expected outline).

Many of the most famous movies in history all follow this simple pattern, so of course that's a reason we still do. I think that it works because it echoes our lives, and our life cycle (or at least, what we hope it will be like). We grow up, we face challenges, then hopefully come to a happy ending.

It's like sitcom's.
They all use the same storylines.

Any serialized show needs a constant. Some (like Fringe) do a "freak of the week", hospital shows have a "condition of the week", some other sitcoms may have the "pickle situation of the week" or the "dumb thing dad did for the week" format, etc. When you do hundreds of episodes, yeah, you're definitely going to see some of the same ideas recycled over and over. I'll bet if you compared Friends and Seinfeld episodes, for example, you'd find quite a lot of overlap....
edit on 25-4-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Easy money to be made from following the formulaic code;

for·mu·la (fôrmy-l)
n. pl. for·mu·las or for·mu·lae (-l)
a. An established form of words or symbols for use in a ceremony or procedure.
b. An utterance of conventional notions or beliefs; a hackneyed expression.

2. A method of doing or treating something that relies on an established, uncontroversial model or approach: a new situation comedy that simply uses an old formula.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

As for symbolism, still just about making money, marketing and brand loyalty and awareness.

top topics

join