It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RX - Bedside Toxicology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Rx was a project formed by Martin Atkins (of Pigface, P.I.L., Ministry and many many more)
and Nivek Ogre [AKA ohGr](of Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, ohGr, and many many more).
Give it a chance. I dare you.

'Scarecrow' (written by Syd Barrett/Pink Floyd)

The black and green scarecrow is sadder than me, but now he's resigned to his fate 'cause life's not unkind - He doesn't mind. He stood in a field where barley grows.

'Reuptake'

As when we cross each other
more time than any other
time for another bother
why bother taking time when clocks alarm unwinding

That seems a lot to ask for
more talk and not a lot for
since making many changes
designs all turned around, the writing on the wall

Sign after time devours, all sense of any wonder
Wonder and split refraction, toward a mirror, reflect it magnified, and burning.

'And When'
Are you home? Are you home? Are you there?

And when you pray, I'll pray with you.
And when you sleep, then I'll sleep too.
And when you read the book, I'll read it too.
And if you lie to me, I'll find you.

And when you walk the streets, I'll walk with you.
And when you're looking from. I'll look in too.
And when you close the door, be very sure you do.
And when you reawake, then this will all be true.

And when you hear of me, you will understand.
And when you feel the dirt, I will wash my hands.
And in that special place, I'll keep apart from you.
That's where I'll find myself, the piece I kept from you.

You wanna hear a story?
down in the back and around the corner.......
Rx - 'Imago'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
'KY Re:amin'
Lip ammunition. Verbal salt on the wound
The lick of spit, frontal insertion through the hole, from without within

Mr. Distraction. what a heart, open valve, the kiss of death
Show the spreadsheet buried fire blaze the dailys in

Distinct reaction of a large non-cultured slob
Bring on deficit concoction when a best friend blow out like the wind

Simple deduction, from the top, in pieces took away
skimming little mother foam froth the cream on face and chin

The smell remains the same. The smell remains the same.
The smell remains the same. The smell remains the same.

Co-independent, wheezing choking on the bone
out-scheming diversion, hide away inside what cannot hide
pocket bitter sweets, over-coated bloated
kissing from behind, the red hot chocolate
burned the meat,,,,,,,,,,,,

Darkest corner of the house
The smell of you, the drain is out of order
Bleaching promises to dust and clean them out

'The Daze'

I'm litter strewn about
detached internal getaway
found infant death inertia
crowded streets with urine alleyways
affected more directed
to somewhere sometime delayed

Words often feel neglected
crumpled paper in a daze

With soupbone clear infected
ice the broth and feed the mass decay
world sickness so injected
microwave the tv dinner plates
relate to simple concepts
right and wrong want more of yet wont pay
it's little known effect on
leading by the nose towards a daze

So witness our distraction
more and more and on it turn away
toward the new extraction
life without the rhyme or reasoning
instead the dead are living
lower higher I accept the range
adjust the sight in, fire
bring it on these are the final days

((some words are most likely incorrect, but it's not easy))

edit on 4/19/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ogre and Atkins nice. I can not believe I never heard of this.
. Thank you so much. I kinda stopped listening to industrial and the likes but this is forcefully pushing me back into it.

Saw Pigface back in '98 in Pittsburgh it was killer. Johnny Rotten was singing, Andrew Weiss from Rollins Band was playing bass, A few members of The Thril Kill Kult were singing and playing keys. Fm Einheit opened it was a killer show. I miss those days

That is all

Trowa
edit on 19/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling and to add content

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

lol. I was starting to think I wasn't gonna get any visitors here. There was only this 1 album. I am glad you found it. Did you listen to all of the ones I posted? If you haven't listened all the way through Reuptake yet, I would advise doing that. Martin is in no hurry to bring in that beat, but when it comes, it's powerful.

There are a few other songs off of it on youtube, but I couldn't add the others, because the idiot that uploaded them added his own 6 second intro on the beginning of most of them. I may have left a few not-so-nice comments on a couple of his videos.

'Imago' is a good one. That's why I added the link of it. There is also a cover of this 1960's song. I am sure you have most likely heard it at some time or another.
PETULA CLARK - "Downtown"

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown

I don't have this CD, and haven't listened to these remixes, but here is a link to 7 remixes of Rx's cover of 'Downtown.'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Saw Pigface back in '98 in Pittsburgh it was killer. Johnny Rotten was singing, Andrew Weiss from Rollins Band was playing bass, A few members of The Thril Kill Kult were singing and playing keys. Fm Einheit opened it was a killer show. I miss those days

I've seen Pigface 6 or 7 I times, but it's been awhile. Each time was a road trip to Chicago. 1st time, was at the House Of Blues, after 'A New High In Low', so probably '97 or '98. There may have been a few different types of foreign substances enter into my bloodstream. A couple of my friends jumped on stage and dove off. I was right behind them, but I got up there, and looked around. I noticed that nobody cared that I was up there. I took Charles Levi's mic and sang for a bit. And I can't sing lol, but it was soo much fun.

'Burundi'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I have heard that Downtown cover. My girlfriend has it on a mix cd she made of all kinds of goth/industrial bands doing covers. She has Type o Doing "Summer Breeze", Bella Morte covering "Earth Angel" and a bunch of others on it .

She was the one who pointed this thread out to me when I was scrolling. I was big into the "goth" scene (I hate labels) around Pittsburgh in the late 90's but I turned hipster after I got out of my angry funk. I met her a few years ago and it turned out all of her friends are my old friends and its really strange. Still she has talked me into going and seeing some bands lately Ego Likeness, Bella Morte, Cradle of Filth and it got me reminiscing. This sealed the deal.

I have not listened to all of the tracks but I'm sure I will sometime today. I'll probably leave some comments too. when stuff is good their is no need for whoever to post whatever on the ends or beginning or what not.

Thanks again Hopefully some folks will come in and check this stuff out, it truly is top tier.

Trowa

P.S sorry if this post kinda got off topic but I do that sometimes. Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't actually say that the style of music I like, is much different now than it used to be, but I don't have industrial music blaring 16 hours a day anymore lol. Before today, it had been awhile since I listened to Rx, but I still love it.

I've never cared much for labels either(especially Goth), but Industrial isn't a bad one. It covers a wide variety. For example; When I got this CD, I hadn't heard the original version of Scarecrow. I assumed that this acoustic version was probably pretty close to the 1960's Syd Barrett version. I was wrong on that assumption. I would say that the original Pink Floyd version, has more of an industrial sound than Ogre and Atkins version.

I won't bring any of this here just yet, but I want to go ahead and ask, in case I forget. Have you listened to any of 'The Damage Manual?'
Martin, Chris Connelly, Jah Wobble, Geordie Walker

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah industrial is a good one. I'm the same way I'll jam some VNV, Nation, Combichrist or what not here and there but I can't listen to straight NItzer Ebb and KMFDM and the likes anymore. My ears and psyche just can not take the awesome abuse.

No but bring it on.

Trowa

edit on 19/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Mis read a name lol

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
No but Twiggy rocks so bring it on.
~lol. too late. I already caught it in my quote-trap.~
Your comment is 100% accurate, but different person.

Geordie Walker, not Jeordie White[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44f5c138d95d.jpg[/atsimg] He was in Killing Joke. Jah Wobble was in P.I.L. (which was one of the first bands Martin joined). I love Chris Connelly's vocals.

The Damage Manual - 'Sunset Gun'
Even in this video, Martin is still wearing that exact same striped shirt lol.

'I am War Again'

'Damage Addict'

'Tope Ten Severed'

okokok. calm down. that's enough...
edit on 4/19/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You got me going now. Get started on anything pertaining to Martin Atkins, and it is hard telling exactly what direction your journey will take you. Many many directions to go. This is one of Connelly's songs off of his early solo albums. 1 Pigface show I saw, he started off the Pigface set in front of the white screen. Everyone else behind the screen with flashlights and spraypaint. Him in front with an acoustic and a mic screaming about his hate for July. That show ended with about 20 drummers on stage. was Christmas time. They had done 40 shows in 40 nights. show #1 in Chicago. Then I caught them on show #40 in Chicago. They went all out. Noone held back anything. The end was litterally a 45 minute all out drum solo. You would think 20 people drumming on stage might get a bit out of control, but it was f..... awesome.

'July'

Alot of his later solo stuff is all pretty mellow. He sounds quite a bit like Bowie at times.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks for all of that I have some ever catching up to do in the industrial category.

Trowa

P.S Why is no one else checking this stuff out. Jeez

edit on 20/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's what happens when stuff stays underground.
i.e. Invisible Records.

I think Martin likes it that way though. A couple of the Pigface shows I've been to, at small clubs, they hang out in the crowd (before and after). Walking in and out the front door, while the fans are waiting in line and can't go in yet, but they don't get hounded by people ya know. I've talked to Martin a few times, and never even asked for an autograph. He's just such a regular cool guy, that asking for an autograph seemed like it would be too superficial (weaken the moment in a way).

Anyways, I hope you can enjoy some of this. I am sure that some of it has grown on me, so I can't really say for sure how I would feel about it right now, if I was listening to it for the first time.

When I was in high school, I remember one of the 1st interviews I ever read with Mike Muir. He basically said, "If you really like a song alot, the 1st time you hear it, you will soon get bored with it. If it takes you several times of listening to that song before it grows on you and you begin to appreciate it, you will love it forever."

P.S. I'm venturing down a different path at the moment. Was about to post it, when I saw you had commented here. Just taking a guess, but I think you may be familiar with this other person also. M.P.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

hmmmm. posting issues in a different thread. Test post here.

top topics

join