It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you say overpopulation doesn't exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paeter

So you think the earth can sustain a population growth of 1400+ times?

Either you know something we don't (unlikely), you are trolling (2nd most likely) or you have no idea of the numbers you sprout (most likely).

link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Too bad there is no -star function -_-

And killing is not the only solution even if i am a sociopath even i don't agree with this and think is as wrong as it could get.

If we put our minds to work we could resolve this issue without any killing...

link   
The problem is not with over population, which is an obvious propaganda. It is with housing, distribution of resources and medical care. What do you expect when Major corporation keeps hogging everything for themselves. And then they blame it on overpopulation. yeah right! Wanna share some of those billions and billions sitting in your bank account to inherence maybe the agriculture and infrastructure in say africa? Why not? most of that money comes from stealing their resources.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Just being realistic here. I mean really, how many people would willingly go to live in outer space? Numbers of Westerners are declining and we will simply be replaced by other cultures. "Our" rising numbers are because of immigration. I really think the whole overpopulation thing is thrown out of proportion by the MSM.
edit on 19-4-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

Of course there's the option of forced sterilization, but I don't agree with that being enforced on law-abiding citizens.
edit on 19-4-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I dunno.. I have wacky ideas like stop paying people to reproduce like rats and rewarding them when they pop another out they refuse to raise, stop sustaining the leeches, and stop enabling the lazy. I dunno.. crazy me thinks we need to look at who enacts these silly policies and who is so hung up on being PC we're not allowed to speak of this.

I figure we are not overpopulated in numbers.. but we are definitely overpopulated with useless lazy people who contribute NOTHING and only take what they arent entitled to and what they have not worked for.

From the UK to the US to Greece and beyond.. look at the percentage of the population on welfare/dole/assitence.. and see where the "overpopulation" problem lies.

Before a whiner in here starts in... if you arent a POS breeding lazy scamming user.. Im not talking to or about you. If you need the help fine.. Im speaking of those who are exploiting the system and they are legion.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

i am not saying that we do not need to stop breeding like rabbits, we need to educate ourselves and try to keep the population at a level that is good for the earth. however what exactly do you see those who can really effect things doing? everything they do goes against saving resources and goes against looking after the earth and they are not doing enough to educate people. we can make youtube videos inform friends and family thats it.

i see certain (not all) companies ripping the earth inorder to get to resources to make profit and all because of suppressed technologies, i see companies (many) who put design flaws in products so that they malfunction/break at a much quicker rate than they normally would, which means we have to buy new ones, which means more resources, why? profits. thats just for a start, but i bet you will see what is the problem here and will soon see why the problem exsist to begin with..... profits.

if everything was not geared around profits we would be doing things that benefit the earth and humanity and would have no need to waste resources. i wonder how much of the resources we currently use are wasted needlessly.
edit on 19-4-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
the average american birth rate is 1 and a half child per 2 parents. so thats one country whos population is declining, there dieing, and you people say do that to other countries to, horrible,

if there become to many people on this planet we are always supposed to go explore for more frontier. if you colonize space then we will never be able to overpopulate that, dont support lowering population, its retarded,

support growth, life, and exploration. we are not meant to remain stagnant on this one planet forever.

grow and move out. dont waste away with your fear.

besides you can fit everyone on the planet into the state of rhode island so shut the hell up saying theres to many of us.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Made an addition to the main post because i've seen a lot of people are derailing from the main idea.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

No need to worry about the 'elite?' controlling the population. Just leave it to the terrorists they

aeem to be doing a great job of it reducing the population where they manage to get away with

it

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffer841
the planet is overpopulated in certain popular areas for sure but if you do the math against the actual habitable areas on earth against the amount of people, you'lll see that pushing the fact that the planet is over populated is rubbish and propoganda. There is more than plenty of room for everyone, we just need to spread out instead of all trying to cram in the popular areas (cities). think about it?!

Good bye my beloved Grand Canyon. I guess they'll start filling it in to put low rent apartments up

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
"Overpopulation" is a concept.

What alarms students of history when they see it used as a concept is that is has been used that way for hundreds of years as an excuse to commit mass slaughter. In other words "overpopulation" has been a buzz word in a propaganda campaign justifying criminal activities on earth.

According to a quick Google search, the planetary Gross Domestic Product in 2009 was about 58 trillion dollars.
That's $58,000,000,000,000.
For easy calculation, let's say the population is 10 billion.
That's 10,000,000,000 people.
Per capita GDP with these figures is $5,800.

Yet we are told that over half of the world's population is living on less than $2.50 a day, or about $900 a year.

This is only one of MANY indicators that something is out of whack on this planet that goes beyond sheer numbers of people.

I would like to see more people get off their high horse about this and suggest some solutions.

The original post described our recent population increase as "unnatural."
But isn't eating hamburgers at MacDonalds instead of a fish you had to catch and cook yourself also "unnatural?" Isn't the primitive man's cooking fire, or the gas-fired grill at the restaurant also "unnatural?"

We're talking about PEOPLE. There are additional factors involved besides those commonly thought of as "natural."

There is culture, dreams, aspirations, ambitions, concepts of power and freedom. There is the spirit.

It is obvious that this planet, as a collection of human cultures, has not solved MANY of it social problems, including how to provide its entire population with decent living conditions.

But many of those same problems have been with us since the dawn of recorded history, when the population was much smaller.

So I don't think population is the correct target.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by AlexIR

No need to worry about the 'elite?' controlling the population. Just leave it to the terrorists they seem to be doing a great job of it reducing the population where they manage to get away with it.

I just have to observe that this is a very out-of-the-loop comment. Many recognize that the "elite" have been funding terrorist groups for years to assist them in maximizing turmoil and potential ideological control points. Perceived increase in "terrorist" activity can be directly traced to increased activity by power-hungry elites.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
well it would seem to me that the serpent
is the only one allowed in the garden of eden.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous.

The world is not overpopulated. Take every human that is on the entire planet, and put them shoulder to shoulder. It wouldn't even be a speck on the landscape.

Mismanagement of resources is the reason for people starving, not overpopulation.

You want proof your theory is flawed? People have ALWAYS starved. When there was only 1 million people on the face of the earth, people STILL starved to death.

You reduce the population to half a billion, people will STILL starve. There is absolutely no truth, whatsoever to the false idea that the earth is over populated.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to over populate the planet. You know why? Because, people will only live if they have food, water, and air. Obviously there is enough of all 3 for 7 billion people, or else THERE WOULD NOT BE 7 BILLION PEOPLE. Get it? It takes roughly 5 minutes to die without air, 3-4 days to die without water, and roughly a month. to die without food.

If, as you say, the earth is overpopulated (meaning, not enough resources to support the current population) then within a few months the earth's population should start dropping. Do you think that will happen? No. Then you are wrong. The earth is not overpopulated.

Once the population gets so large that there is no longer a way to support it, IT WILL STOP GROWING.

Does this not seem obvious to you? You say population started booming because the industrial revolution made more resources for people. So, you admit that the population is limited by available resources. The population CAN NOT be growing right now if we don't have enough resources. It is growing, so in fact the world is not overpopulated.

And to say the current population grows isn't natural is just silly. Do you understand the concept of exponential growth? Google it, you might learn something.
edit on 19-4-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Mathematically you could fit every single person on earth into the state of Texas with aprox. 1200 square feet per person. That is not including the fact we can build upwards. The problem being we are not living the lifestyles that support this, we as a whole are not willing to change how we live to accommodate for the future.

When the energy problem is solved. Converting sea water in to fresh water will not be a problem nor will growing plants under lights in complexes. Recycling waste including human wastes (if only the people weren't expelling medications and chemicals down the drain) would be more easily accomplished.

It's all about humanity embracing a new way of life that is sustainable really. If you aren't willing to change and compromise, someday you will have to kill or be killed.

-Regards

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

It's simple calculations. If everyone would stop making babies for a generation, the earth would be empty because all would die of old age and there is no children. It takes just one generation, 70 years to depopulate most of the planet as most of us live around 70, 80 at this time only the really young remain, in around 100 years without having any children humanity would be extinct, no one lives forever and you got an empty planet. See how easy is to depopulate, it only takes around 100 years for all of us to be gone. This option would be an exageration, as we don't really need this.

So another solution would be if all would have just one child per generation, two would die of old age one is left. 2 to 1 in this case, the population gets cut into a half.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I repeat:

The purpose of this thread is to show everyone that overpopulation does exist because since we discovered technology and automation we created an artificial enviornment that supports more population than the earth could. But i also want to raise awareness that this is artificial and could probably collapse and a lot of people will die.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

The purpose of this thread is to show everyone that overpopulation does exist because since we discovered technology and automation we created an artificial enviornment that supports more population than the earth could.

ok dude - but its simply not true. the maths will show you there's enough room for everyone, if the human race is adult enough then resources aren't a problem. The man made contribution to climate is heavily undecided (google that one! - al gore is an ass). If you believe, as i do that free energy technology exists then there are so many solutions to resources.

Instead of promoting 'going to the moon', if it did, ever get to the point where there wasn't enough land (which it won't) surely undersea cities are more financially and logistically viable?

Someone earlier took my post and made some daft comment about high rise apartments in the Grand Canyon. There is obviously no need to build there and we should be conscious of caring for the natural beauty around us. I'll accept your comment as humourous, otherwise it'd be a pretty dumb comment

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And so it begins...ok people, what right do we have to completely take over the planet at the expense of every other living thing? Yes, mathematically we probably could fit more people onto the planet - that isn't the point and those of you who say overpopulation is rubbish have your head in the sands, or you are so arrogant as to think we have more right to the planet than other life forms. Or would you like to see all animals become extinct except certain food species that we farm in little boxes? Because that is what you are seeming to want to happen. Animals, especially wild animals need space. Its that simple. How can you not see that?

And yes, have your little rant about the elites wanting to get rid of the world's population but your propaganda doesn't make any sense. What would be their reason for it?

Over population is killing this planet.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Viewpoints like this seem to suggest placing a priority on quantity over quality regarding life, a philosophy that I will never understand.
If depopulation is indeed part of the agenda of the "NWO", then I suppose the "NWO" isn't so bad after all.
Humanity is overrated anyway.

<< 1    3 >>

join